Sleek MakeUP The Berry Collection - Review & swatches

Sleek MakeUP The Berry Collection - Review & swatches

Saturday, November 26, 2011 Sara Hassan , 50 Comments

The Berry Collection indeed makes a beautiful Christmas gift-set!

The Berry Collection
Sleek MakeUP’s gift to you this party season is the limited edition Berry collection! Get berrylicious this Christmas with this three piece collection featuring rich, sultry berry tones. Add a flush of warmth to your cheeks with Fenberry blush, for the perfect wash of crimson rose. Flattering festive eyes will be yours with Kohl Pencil in Mossberry, a deep burgundy chunky liner that is easily smudged for a cloud of berry-hued smokiness around the eye. Finally finish the look with True Colour lipstick in Cranberry, a matte mulled wine toned shade that will add a kick of spiciness to your party look!

$15.99

Sleek MakeUP The Berry Collection (Christmas Edition)
Sleek MakeUP Fenberry blush
Sleek MakeUP Fenberry blush
Sleek MakeUP Fenberry blush swatch
Sleek MakeUP Cranberry Lipstick
Sleek MakeUP Cranberry Lipstick swatch
Sleek MakeUP Mossberry Kohl pencil
Sleek MakeUP The Berry Collection Swatches
My thoughts
I love the fact that Sleek MakeUP keeps up with the latest runway trends every season. For the Christmas look this year, The Berry Collection is going to be your favorite if you want to make a statement. For a person like me, who loves going bold, this set offers everything!

Initially, I was a bit scared what if the berry hues of this collection don’t match my skin tone or turn out very loud for my taste but after I swatched them, I found them all quite wearable and I could also control the intensity I wanted for each product. 

As you can see this collection composes of True Color Lipstick in Cranberry, Blush in Fenberry and Kohl Pencil in Mossberry, all of which are truly matte. I knew Fenberry would become my favorite among them as I’ve always adored deep shaded blushers – they give me prominent cheekbones that make for an exotic look! I’d describe this shade as a soft rose-plum with a hint of brown. Like any Sleek MakeUP blush, there has been no compromise on pigmentation. It is easy to swatch and I'd suggest you keep a light hand while applying. I also think Fenberry is quite versatile. You can either give a subtle sweep of this blush for natural winter rosiness or dust it over the sucked-in part of your cheekbones for a slimming effect – it works both ways. Definitely a keeper!

The True Color Lipstick in Cranberry too is all matte. It looks like a daring shade but it doesn’t appear very dark when you put it on. The texture isn’t powdery and goes on smoothly but it has a tendency to settle down in the fine lines of the lips. Mind you, the shade isn’t very forgiving so make sure you use a lip balm before you apply. You can also layer a light gloss over the top for pouty lips.

I was very excited to see the Kohl Pencil in this set because I loved the shade. But unfortunately it turned out to be my least favorite from this collection as it is a bit dry. I was expecting it to be creamy like NYX jumbo pencils but I still managed to work with it. Nonetheless, it's a beautiful shade and I still love it for that.

All in all, Sleek MakeUP Berry Collection is berry festive and has all you’d need to create your perfect Christmas look! It is available for a limited time only and can be purchased online or Superdrug stores.

 like The Berry Collection? 

50 comments :

  1. Thanks for the review..great swatches.and beautiful look..love ur hair piece. for a mo i thought that was ur hair dyed..:P

    ReplyDelete
  2. oohh!!! you look amazing, like always!! the pictures on your blog are always, i can stare at the blush picture for an hour=p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeez man you look so damn ravishing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow u look amazing! <3 That lippie is gorgeous on u!

    ♥xx♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the collection. Perfect for a gift. I have the same shade of lipstick but not from Sleek.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the review! Your look is amazing! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow!!..You look absolutely gorgeous..I love it..^_^..

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so stunning! I really like the colours of this collection; very autumn/winter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey you look amazingly pretty...this is best review on sleek berry collection i checked ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG!!! You Look Amazing!! and I love the collection:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. amazing swatches, the colors look so rich and vibrant! I agree with Seema above, ur review is the best so far of the Sleek Berry Collection!
    Love your look, very creative and retro, old hollywood kinda :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. GORGEOUS!! (like always) Your look is SO awesome, that I am sure review will be kept aside :D Love the eye liner and the way you used the Mossberry kohl pencil. <3
    Great review!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always love deep shade blushers too! Your pic is FAB.. the hairpiece added a really nice touch. & your eyeliner is winged perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh such a lovely look. Love the liner :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness. Absolutely gorgeous look. I love the pencil underneath the eyes. It looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Me encanto se te ve muy lindo =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous (both you and the makeup)! That lipstick looks scarily dark in the tube, but in the swatch and on your lips it looks much more wearable. Thanks for the swatches. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Not that I like more ... if headdress or makeup: D Excellent

    ReplyDelete
  19. i love it, the blush is perfect for this season!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazinggggg Look Sara <3<3 zarbardsat yaaar <3<3 aala aala aala <3 luv ya

    ReplyDelete
  21. DROOL. I ADORE the beautiful look you created! The black dramatic liner with the vampy kohl underneath is just hot. And please give me your cheekbones :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. U look amazing in the last pic :))...loving the blush!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You look gorgeous, Sara! Love the lipstick on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. What an amazing post Sarah! I love all the photos and swatches. It's like I can touch and feel the products. Also, the makeup look you did is absolutely beautiful! So inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  25. *sigh* I wish Sleek was available in stores in Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Saraaaaaaaaaaaa You're such an enableeeeeer!

    I love the look of all of this series (and your headpiece!)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful Look Sara and i love the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Now thats a sexy collection they launched. Loved the pencil, and the look is oh-so-awesome.... Great review .. =)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love it! I adore dark bold lips, and the whole package is really tempting. You look stunning sara! Great looks, simply flawless!

    ReplyDelete
  30. OMG..u look gorgeous sara...esp that eye kohl looks fab on u !

    ReplyDelete
  31. you look so beautiful.. i can't stop staring at you..

    ReplyDelete
  32. sarah you are insanely gorgeous, i can't say it enough!!! that deep red liner is amazing on you. love everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. you are looking absolutely stunning Sara ... :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  34. wow.. absolutely love the look!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your look (photo) stole the show :) So very awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. i love this classic chic loook, superb. :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  37. Girl. You're talented!!! You deserve every bit of this fame :D

    ReplyDelete
  38. Simply adorable! These colours are made for you, girl! :-)

    Lots of love from Berlin, Germany!

    ReplyDelete
  39. gosh!! i need to get my hands on that blush..



    http://www.shellzdoll.com/

    ReplyDelete
  40. You look gorgeous!! <3
    The cranberry lipstick is such a good shade..wish it was moisturizing enough

    ReplyDelete
  41. been contemplating to get these collection set:)You look fabulous as always Sarah:)

    ReplyDelete
  42. You look stunningly beautiful and post is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment. Your lovely comments make my day. <3

Please avoid rude or inappropriate comments. Also, this is the comments section. No queries will be entertained unrelated to the post.

For queries, please write to info@sarahassansblog.com.

NOTE: Comments with LINKS will NOT be entertained. Thank you. :)