Luscious Cosmetics Flawless Finish Powder + Foundation Wet/Dry – Review & swatches

Luscious Cosmetics Flawless Finish Powder + Foundation Wet/Dry – Review & swatches

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 Sara Hassan , 46 Comments

Luscious cosmetics comes with yet another wonderful product. Is it the one for you? Let's find that out.

Luscious Flawless Finish Powder
A powder and foundation combined in one portable compact for long lasting and skin perfecting results. This silky, full-coverage powder foundation can be used wet or dry, depending on the desired coverage, for polished and flawless complexion.

Apply over a primer with a dry sponge or powder brush to even out skin tone for natural coverage. Apply with a damp sponge for a full coverage, flawless matte finish.

Dermatologist Tested

Non-Comedogenic

Suitable for all skin types

Luscious Cosmetics Flawless Finish Powder + Foundation Wet/Dry
Luscious Cosmetics Flawless Finish Powder + Foundation Wet/Dry
Luscious Cosmetics Flawless Finish Powder + Foundation Wet/Dry
Luscious Cosmetics Flawless Finish Powder + Foundation Wet/Dry
My thoughts
I have never been a fan of applying a powder foundation wet since it creates a hard crust on the powder which makes it a little difficult to use it dry. I am in a habit of applying my foundation with a brush, be it liquid or compact so of course this is my first time trying out a foundation with a wet sponge.

Before I begin, let's talk about the shade first. The one you see is Natural Beige. I thought the color would be a match for me since Sand Beige – which is the shade next to it – appears darker on me in other shade schemes. But after having tried this one, I think I made a wrong choice. Natural Beige would be suitable for someone with fair to light medium skin tone; it's quite pale in real. But the good thing is that it has yellow undertones so it doesn't appear unnatural on me if I use it dry for a sheer coverage.

I like wearing liquid foundation on daily basis but a compact powder is definitely a savior for the lazy days. I just hydrate my face, wear a concealer and pressed powder on top and it works great! In my opinion, this product is absolutely wonderful for you if you're looking for a natural-looking light coverage. The texture is silky; not at all powdery and has no fall outs. When I want to apply it dry, I swirl my Sigma F 80 to pick the powder and buff - it looks very natural. If I apply it with a sponge, I get more coverage and my skin feels incredibly smooth and silky to the touch. When I first put it, it seems a little visible on my face but after a while, it sort of melts and blends into the skin and gives me a flawless look, not cakey!

For more coverage, you need to apply this with a wet sponge. The one that comes with it is fairly good but has a weird manufacturing odor; I suggest washing it with a shampoo before use. Now here comes the tricky part, for a flawless application, just wet the sponge a little; do not use a drenched sponge (the one that's dipping wet). If you use it too wet, you will get a streaky application and end up with an insufficient coverage. So squeeze the sponge well and apply it with a downward motion on your face. This would help reduce the appearance of pores. Using it wet does give a full coverage but if your skin is dry, it will cling onto the dryness and accentuate them. To avoid this, moisturize your face well if you have a dry to normal skin type.

I have applied it wet a couple of times and I do notice a hard crust appearing on the surface of the product but to deal with that, I let it dry, scratch the surface lightly with the back of a metal nail file and push the powder back into the pan. But I have to say, applying it wet has a lot more benefits. For starters, it keeps the skin shine-free for a longer period of time; around four to five hours which is pretty good if you have a combination to oily skin. Secondly, if you happen to have any sweating issues, this would also help control that.

Overall, this foundation is good to keep you matte in summer. You can enjoy both light and full coverage with this product.

You might like it if...
  • You're looking for a natural-looking light coverage.
  • You expect soft and silky texture with no fall outs.
  • You're using it wet. This will give you medium to full coverage.
  • It's keeping you shine-free for a longer period of time (4-5 hours).
  • You think it helps control any sweating issues.
You might not like it if...
  • You can not find your match. This could be an issue since the shades are limited.
  • It emphasizes any dryness on your skin. 
My rating
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-k9pvc7-MFlg/Ti7Ey2nCQdI/AAAAAAAAB5A/vAOA9RcLgyE/s1600/4.jpg 
4/5

Luscious Cosmetics Flawless Finish Powder + Foundation is priced PKR 975 and can be purchased from all major superstores across Pakistan. You can also purchase from their website.

What do you think about this product? Take it or leave it?


PR sample(s) sent for review. This however has not affected my opinion at all. My loyalty is to my readers and being honest is my utmost responsibility. I have given my sincere opinion about the product(s) mentioned in the post. For more details, please go through my Disclosure Policy.

If you have any questions, you can have a look at FAQ or email me on info@sarahassansblog.com.

46 comments :

  1. I can see powder only.. is it two in one?? I mean it works as both powder n foundation? The other white one seems to b sponge..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a powder foundation that can be used either wet or dry. That's a sponge next to it.

      Delete
    2. hey sara hope u r fine :),
      whenever i apply foundation or a compact powder i get my face full of sweat & it becomes really dull after 1 to 2 hours :(
      currently i'm using diana of london foundation with it's concealer & compact powder, in winters it worked very well but in summers it really disappointed me my cousin's wedding is in the next month i.e june so plz help me out & tell me what should i use for fresh & flawlees look
      i have oily skin but my complexion is fair
      i'm waiting for ur answer :)

      Delete
    3. Hi Atiya, Do you wear a primer underneath? get some blotting tissues to get rid of sweat and oil.

      Delete
    4. i do not wear primer, someone told me to use tinted moisturizer in summers instead of using foundation but i don't have any idea whether i should use it or not :)
      which brand for blotting tissues would u recommend?
      i'm asking u because u know better than me...i'm a makeup illiterate person that is what my mother says :) :D

      Delete
    5. Hey Atiya, I would love if you could please email me on info@sarahassansblog.com. We can discuss it over there. Thank you! :)

      Delete
  2. this looks similar to the Chambor wet & dry foundation! Great review sara :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The packaging is very Chanel-like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I personally don't like to use powders wet. You have flawless skin, it looks really nice on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahan, i also love the packaging and i experiencing Etude twin cake its excellent in summer. Definitely will try this one as my Etude is about to finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The packaging is really chic. Nice detailed review Sara!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am having the toughest time applying this product wet! I love using it dry, it keeps my face matte for more than 4 hours. Great review sara :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Initially, it was difficult for me too since it's actually my first time using a wet sponge but I got hold of it after a couple of trials. :)

      Delete
  8. I really love wet/dry powder foundations. They are really great for traveling and for touch ups in humid and hot weather. This one looks like a must try for me now but Luscious should increase the range of shades. Thank you for the review, the application looks flawless on your face! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! Compact powder is easier to apply on the go. :)

      Delete
  9. Great review Sara. I've been looking for a good formulated powder but have always had a hard time finding my shades. Oh well, it looks great on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Completely love it :-) Luscious Cosmetics never disappoint me , great review sara <3 <3 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. color matching is a problem with Luscious base products..I like there eyes and lips cosmetics and also blush ons but there stik hd mineral, and pressed powder disappointed me badly...i have a fair complexion with pink undertone and ther hd foundation in Ivory(the lightest shade in there range) made me look dark:( so have no mood to try this as well but still ur review is good..I hope they have a good and accomodative range of shades for our skin tones...like sleekmakeup and rimmel:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love two in one powder foundations... currently I am using my miss rose two way cake and I am quite satisfied....
    Luscious offer very limited shades...I bought a pressed powder in number2 and this was too dark...

    ReplyDelete
  13. As soon as i read your review, i placed order for this product ! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great review. Im thinking to order this product but before that I wanted to take your advice. i use ivory shade in krylon stick so which powder shade will suit me? I usually have to use very lighter shades than my skin, same shades makes me look dark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Afrin, I haven't seen Kryolan's Ivory in person so I have no clue which shade would it be equivalent to but since you are fair, you can try Pink Porcelain. I would suggest visiting Luscious Cosmetics at some store near you to be sure. :)

      Delete
  15. hey...sara
    ther is my cuzn's wedding next month. em looking for a compact powder which can suit with krylon aqua cake. i hav oily skin. so this lucious powder would suit or rimmel stay matte pressed powder or any other compact powder for flawless glow??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried Aqua cake but if you've extremely oily skin then go for this one. :)

      Delete
  16. sara can i use it in winter??? combination skin ??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it should be used in winter. It might be drying for your skin type :)

      Delete
  17. AOA SAra! is luscious velvet matte powder better than this???
    kindly let me know
    regards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Saria, haven't tried that yet. :)

      Delete
  18. aoa, thanks for your reviews sara, i'm too confused regarding the foundation thingy, my base looks fresh for like 2 hours max, then i get darker n lighter patches, i read ur luscious flawless finish oil free foundation reviews, can this powder be used with luscious flawless finish foundation?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey smilie, I think you should try Bourjois 123 Perfect Liquid Foundation coupled with Avon Magix Face Perfector as a face primer underneath. Let me know if it helps! :) xx

      Delete
  19. hey it's so lovely to c ur reply sara :) i've finally got someone to guide me with makeup. well my skin is too oily n a lil acne prone, plus it sweats alot in summers (lol it's like all bad issues in one :) wil u still suggest me the same?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The above mentioned should work for oily/acne-prone skin but if you've got sweating issues then a pressed powder would be a better option. You can check this one out or Maybelline Dream Matte Pressed Powder. Always remove your makeup with cleansing milk followed by your regular face wash. You can checkout my review on Nivea Visage Refreshing Cleansing Milk. :)

      Delete
  20. hey, i've searched about undertones, it appears mine is warm/ yellow.xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you soooo much dear. xx . well, I may be wrong but i feel that powders don't last long, i'd used etude twin cake for quite a some time, plus i've this experience with the oil free pan cakes of Christine that they enhance the appearance of zits, would u suggest using a moisturizer underneath the Dream powder as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, a good powder foundation would last better on an oily skin. I think you should try out the tester before you purchase Maybelline Dream Matte Pressed Powder. If you feel it dries up your skin, you can always moisturize prior to application :) xx

      Delete
  22. Actually i've got my wedding coming up in winters and i'm struggling to decide on which makeup to buy which'd go well both in winters and summers. Though my skin is pretty healthy in winters but summers are really a challenge. Two of my best friends have suggested me to buy stageline matte mousse or luscious flawless finish. They’re happy with these products and claim they last really long but their skins are less oily than mine I assume.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A powder foundation won't be a good choice for winter even on an oily skin. For winter, I suggest checking out liquid foundations. Also, priming your skin is essential to keep oil at bay and prolong the wear of your foundation. You can look for Avon Magix Face Perfector or Monistat Chafing Relief Powder-Gel at online stores. Hope this helps! :)

      Delete
  23. Thank you soooo much dear. xx My eyes are literally achinis g, i'd been reading your reviews regarding certain products. About the Avon primer your review says it's not intended for very oily skin which unfortunately i have. But i'll surely pick up the pressed powder soon. :) p.s i'm also trying your home remedies these days. :D your blog is lovely, glad to have found it! stay blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  24. hey sara, would you please review stageline products too? especially the matte mousse. :))

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yes. Pleaae review stage line matte mousse !!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hey sara..ur post are amazing and very helpfull...I just wanted to ask u something I have oily skin and im looking for a good foundation.nd now im stuck between luscious flawless finish liquid foundation which comes in a tube and color studio matte perfection which comes in a compact..which one do u recommend the most ..and the luscious foundation how much ml is it ..coz it dsnt say about ml on their website..thanks alot and ill be waiting for ur reply..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Personally, I think Color Studio is a better choice.

      Delete
  27. Hey sara ur blogs are really helpfull..u just make things soo easy..love it

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment. Your lovely comments make my day. <3

Please avoid rude or inappropriate comments. Also, this is the comments section. No queries will be entertained unrelated to the post.

For queries, please write to info@sarahassansblog.com.

NOTE: Comments with LINKS will NOT be entertained. Thank you. :)