Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipsticks – Review & swatches

Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipsticks – Review & swatches

Sunday, May 27, 2012 Sara Hassan , 30 Comments
Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipsticks

Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipsticks were released earlier this year. The shade variety has expanded since then. Today, I will be sharing my thoughts on four of the shades. 

Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipsticks
Rimmel’s cult classic Lasting Finish Lipstick has been redefined with Kate’s glamorous style. A collection of 15 striking shades is now infused with Black Diamond. This unique formula boasts light-reflecting power – adding depth to every pout so that you ooze the same confidence and impact on entry as Kate.

Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipsticks
Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipsticks
Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipsticks
Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipsticks (Left-Right): 01,12,06 & 08
Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipsticks
Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipsticks
Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipsticks (Left-Right): 01,12,06 & 08
Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipsticks (Left-Right): 01,12,06 & 08
Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipsticks (Left-Right): 01,12,06 & 08
Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipsticks (Left-Right): 01,12,06 & 08
Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipstick: Shade 01
Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipstick: Shade 01
Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipstick: Shade 12
Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipstick: Shade 12
Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipstick: Shade 06
Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipstick: Shade 06
Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipstick: Shade 08
Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipstick: Shade 08
My thoughts
I really like the edgy packaging of these lipsticks; it’s nothing special except for Kate’s signature of course. As you can see the lipsticks are numbered; I wish these had some nice names to them that would describe the shades. But anyway, let us see what we’ve got. Shade 01 is a gorgeous blue based red; I absolutely adore this color for its depth.  Shade 12 is a loud reddish orange which is the kind of color that pops beautifully against my skin tone. Shade 06 is a bright pink which is one of the trend colors for lipsticks this year and last but not the least; Shade 08 is beautiful mauve which is a perfect natural shade for everyday.

I must say the collection has got some amazing colors. Each shade is unique; you don’t see any repetitions. I find Kate lipsticks to be more pigmented in comparison to the original Lasting Finish Lipsticks. There’s a term in computing called WYSIWYG which is an acronym for “What You See Is What You Get”. I’d say this product is a WYSIWYG for me. It translates the same intensity of color on my lips as it appears in the tube which is truly impressive.

These lipsticks give a semi-matte finish with slight sheen. The formula is neither moisturizing nor drying; it’s somewhere in the middle. They glide on easily leaving a uniform layer. But if you have dry lips, it would most certainly emphasize the dry parts; it’s nothing that a light coat of lip balm can’t prevent. But personally, I’d suggest staying away from these in winter because like Lasting Finish Lipsticks, these too might highlight chapped lips.

The lipsticks have a mild fruity scent which I find very yummy. They don’t have any taste though. The staying power is OKAY, better for the brighter shades. They last on me for around three hours with a lip liner underneath. My only problem is how it fades on my lips. Just like Lasting Finish Lipsticks, I see they don’t fade evenly and leave behind clumps which looks awful and when that happens, I rub it off on my lips and apply again. Do not retouch your lipstick over the clumps; put on a new coat or else it will make your lips look cakey.

Overall, these lipsticks are pretty much the same as Lasting Finish Lipsticks in terms of longevity but for pigmentation, they are better. I absolutely love the colors and the semi-matte texture - which is perfect for summer – however, I wish they left a long lasting impact.

You might like it if…
  • You expect a semi-matte finish with sheen.
  • You expect great pigmentation.
  • You expect it to glide on your lips easily.
  • You expect a decent wear.
  • You use it in summer.
You might not like it if…
  • You find it accentuating dryness on your lips.
  • You expect a long wear.
  • You want a lipstick that fades evenly leaving behind a pretty stain.
My rating
3.5/5

Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipsticks are priced PKR 850 and can be purchased from superstores all across the nation. You can also get it online from Just4girls.pk and BeautyArena.pk.

What do you think about the Kate Moss Collection? Do you like it?


PR sample(s) sent for review. This however has not affected my opinion at all. My loyalty is to my readers and being honest is my utmost responsibility. I have given my sincere opinion about the product(s) mentioned in the post. For more details, please go through my Disclosure Policy.

If you have any questions, you can have a look at FAQ or email me on info@sarahassansblog.com.

30 comments :

  1. I love these Kate Moss Lipsticks! these have been the longest wearing lipsticks ive ever tried. Shade 8 is super pretty on you

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. 12 looks surprisingly muted on the lips! Love no. 6! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice review and thanx for being honest about the dry lips problem... I would definitely chek there counter when I go to Lahore Al-Fatah and would find my colour:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. shade 8 and 12 suits you well.... pretty shades...thanx for review and swatches

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love shade 08. Very nice review. :) Thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have 08 its one of my fave everyday color

    ReplyDelete
  7. all shades are absolutely gorgeous <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. they all look so pretty so sad you only rated them 3.5

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betzy ^_^

      Well, as I said, I love each one of this shade but I had to be honest about the cons too :)

      Delete
  9. Shade 12 looks increeeedible and all of them look great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have 01, 12, and 14 and I love them all, though you're right, they do tend to be on the dryer side, especially 14 (a mauvy nude)... I really like 06, it's such a pretty color!! I gotta get it for the summer :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I myself absolutely love the shades :)

      Delete
  11. Kate's favorite shade is supposed to be 01. I prefer 12 myself. Of course, I love WYSIWYG when it comes to makeup - and i'll probably be trying these once I see them in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My god ! the colors are absolutely gorgeous and looked so pretty on you :)) RED is in .Sara can you recommend any bright red shade for fair skin tone ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would suggest trying L'Oreal Color Riche Intense Lipstick in Perfect Red or Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in Alarm. :)

      Delete
  13. woww i love those shades specially shade 08 .. thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic review. The picture are great! I love number 6

    ReplyDelete
  15. i have these and love them. the cons are pretty accurate, but i love the colors. i dont have 06...im gonna have to try that one out!

    ReplyDelete
  16. why is number 8 in reds if its towards mauve?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tried it, liked the color pigmentation -- but the smell bothered me. Had to toss it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Shade 06 and 01 is Gorgeous <3 luv them

    ReplyDelete
  19. luv these colors specially 06 beauuutiful color

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment. Your lovely comments make my day. <3

Please avoid rude or inappropriate comments. Also, this is the comments section. No queries will be entertained unrelated to the post.

For queries, please write to info@sarahassansblog.com.

NOTE: Comments with LINKS will NOT be entertained. Thank you. :)