Benefit Hervana Boxed Powder – Review & swatches

Benefit Hervana Boxed Powder – Review & swatches

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 Sara Hassan , 36 Comments

I have always been very curious about Benefit boxed powders since it's so raved about in the blogosphere. Does it meet the hype? Let's find that out.

Benefit Hervana Boxed Powder 
Swirl on this orchid-blossom blush for a heavenly flush of enlightenment! These four shades—lucky shell, divine peach, heavenly rose and berry delight—blend together perfectly to lift your look to cloud 9.

Benefit Hervana Boxed Powder
Benefit Hervana Boxed Powder
Benefit Hervana Boxed Powder
Benefit Hervana Boxed Powder (swatch)
Benefit Hervana Boxed Powder (applied)
My thoughts
Before saying anything, I would like to mention that this blusher smells DIVINE. The scent is floral and light, nothing too overwhelming; I just love it! Hervana is a beautiful blend of peach and lavender pink that translates as a lovely, healthy looking flush of color on my cheeks. If you look closer, you notice tiny silver shimmer, almost invisible, that doesn’t actually appear on the skin after applying which is a very good thing if you have large pores. I find this blush extremely wearable; it’s what I would like to call “barely there” color that looks utterly au naturel – you can’t go wrong with it!

The good things about this blush include an ultra-fine soft texture, nice pigmentation and ah-mazing blendability which make it perfect but there’s a catch, if you fall into the category of deeper skin tones, it probably will not show up on you; it might appear as a highlight but not a blush. On my NC30 face, like I said earlier, it appears quite pale and doesn’t show up as a striking shade but that’s what I like about it. Its low coverage makes it ideal for daily wear but a couple of swipes can amp up the intensity. In case you’re wondering, this blush has absolutely no fall outs. No matter how many times I swirl my brush over it, it doesn’t get chalky or powdery.

I wouldn’t say it’s a very long lasting one but it’s not bad either. On my cheeks, it lasts for around five hours which is pretty good. Since the color is so close to the natural pink of my skin, I hardly notice it’s there, but it’s there. I absolutely love Benefit’s packaging and this blush is no exception. I like that it has a small mirror inside which is a bonus if you want to travel with it. It also comes with a brush which is okay, mine kinda sheds so I don’t use it. The fancy packaging adds to the steep cost of this blush so the price might discourage you from trying it out.

Overall, this blush is an everyday blush for me. I reach out for it most of the days and I might consider trying some other Benefit blushers when my pockets allows.

You might like it if…
  • You’re looking for a wearable, everyday blush.
  • You expect soft texture and easy blendability.
  • You have a fair to light medium complexion.
  • You want a blush that doesn’t highlight large pores.
  • You like the scent.
You might not like it if…
  • You have deep medium to deep complexion.
  • You find it expensive.
My rating
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-k9pvc7-MFlg/Ti7Ey2nCQdI/AAAAAAAAB5A/vAOA9RcLgyE/s1600/4.jpg 
4/5

Benefit Hervana Boxed Powder costs $28. If you would like to purchase this blush, you can place an order online on Benefit's website. If you're living in Pakistan, you can purchase this for PKR 3680 from Enhanced Beauty.

What do you think about it? Have you tried Benefit boxed powders?


PR sample(s) sent for review. This however has not affected my opinion at all. My loyalty is to my readers and being honest is my utmost responsibility. I have given my sincere opinion about the product(s) mentioned in the post. For more details, please go through my Disclosure Policy.

If you have any questions, you can have a look at FAQ or email me on info@sarahassansblog.com.

36 comments :

  1. good review Sara...Its way too expensive for me... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review. i love the eye liner... which one is it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty shade. Looks good on you xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Lurrrve Benefit, and not just for the packaging either, honest :)
    This looks lovely on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Benefit blushes are just too expensive otherwise I have had Bella bamba on my list since ages! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! It is beauty Girl! already in love with benefit blushes

    ReplyDelete
  7. hervana's been on my wishlist ever since it came out, the swatch is sooo pretty! thanks for reviewing!:) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh Benefit Hervana, ireally want to try this!
    Great post like always! ;)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I find Benefit's blush packaging very odd. And the color is also a bit odd, for a blush. I'd probably use it as a bronzer in winter, otherwise you can't really tell you're wearing anything. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Benefit. Their packaging is soooo attractive and the way they describe their product,one simply can't resist buying. Love this blush....

    ReplyDelete
  11. The blush looks great and so natural on you. Btw love the blue eye liner. I have been looking for the same color (and the one you were wearing in one of your pictures you posted on facebook - baby blue) since a long time. Which ones are those, could you tell me? :) thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kiran ^_^

      I am wearing Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer in 'Deep Ocean' here. The one on Facebook was 'Aqua Sparkle' :)

      Delete
  12. jest wspaniały :) muszę się kiedyś za nim rozglądnąć :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks so tempting!!! Love your blue liner :D <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is my favourite ever blush. I've always loved Benefit but this is (in my humble opinion) the best. I couldn't live without it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would never pay the price of the benefit products but Sephora does have packages that give you lots of their full size products for about $50 which is an amazing deal :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you're right! They have some awesome deals :)

      Delete
  16. Great review but not for my medium complexion :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. it's pretty, and I love the fact that it has a matte finish.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pretty!!! And loving the blue liner! Which is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zainab. It's Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer in Deep Ocean :)

      Delete
  19. Color looks great for everyday! :D Wonderful on you Sara! <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey nice Im tempted but the cost...ahum ahum...lolz will have it soon from some trusted source:) which blush brush do u use? nice review...Love u n ur blogposts:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loving ur liner & blush both :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I was really tempted by this, but as you said it's not great for complexions like mine. It doesn't really show up naturally on me. The smell IS great though.

    ReplyDelete
  23. love the post!

    i'm currently waiting for my own hervana blush, and your post makes me wanting it more!

    i'm nc 20-25 with some neutral undertones, i wish it would look great on me as in you :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm dying to get this blush Sara... and when I do, I'll wear it with a crisp blue liner, just like you :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww.. I am sure it would look lovely on you :)

      Delete
  25. This blush never really intrigued me until now. I thot it would look too pale on my nc30 skin but it looks stunning on u.. It sorta looks similar to illamasqua naked rose.. Are they quiet similar in colour woukd u say?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Delyteful, you're right. It's more or less similar to Naked Rose in terms of color except for the fact that it's sheer and has some shimmer in it :)

      Delete

Feel free to comment. Your lovely comments make my day. <3

Please avoid rude or inappropriate comments. Also, this is the comments section. No queries will be entertained unrelated to the post.

For queries, please write to info@sarahassansblog.com.

NOTE: Comments with LINKS will NOT be entertained. Thank you. :)