Guide to Online Shopping in Pakistan

Guide to Online Shopping in Pakistan

Sunday, June 24, 2012 Sara Hassan , 67 Comments

Online shopping is relatively a new concept in Pakistan especially among women.  It’s pretty common in countries like the U.S, the U.K, Australia, parts of Europe and Asia; not to forget, our neighbor India. With a sudden explosion of online retailers in the past two to three years, we are looking towards to a bright future of e-commerce in Pakistan.

According to my personal observation, Social media is playing a HUGE role in this new-found trend. Today, you can get almost anything from the comfort of your homes. While online shopping may sound very exciting, there are a few things you need to keep in mind before placing your very first order because if you don't, trust me, you may be in for a shocking experience. This post mainly focuses beauty & fashion shopping, things to consider and the risks involved.

Where to shop from?

Here’s a list of websites that you can buy from.

Category: COSMETICS

Websites within Pakistan.
Just4girls.pk
BeautyArena.pk
Luscious Cosmetics
Milani Cosmetics

Facebook stores (Pakistan)
International Makeup in Pakistan
Beauty Unleashed
Dhanak
Wishlist
Makeup & Accessories
Shopaholic
Rouge
BeautyInBudget4u
Lush Grooming Bargains
Branded Cosmetics In Pakistan

International websites that ship to Pakistan
Beauyjoint.com
Cherry Culture
Aliexpress.com
Blanc to Noir
BuyMeBeauty.com
ASOS.com

Brands that ship to Pakistan
Illamasqua
Beautyuk
Sleek MakeUP
Sigma Beauty
Benefit cosmetics
Coastal Scents
BH cosmetics
piCture pOlish
Barry M cosmetics

Category: FASHION (Jewelry, Bags & Shoes)

Websites within Pakistan.
BnB Accessories

Facebook stores (Pakistan)
Royal Bangles Collection
N.M.N & Co
JMC Nail Art Islamabad
R.A. Creation'z
Love in a Basket
HAYA
Desire Accessories
Ash L'amour
Purple Patch
Personally Yours

International websites that ship to Pakistan
Ali Express.com (be sure you only shop from stores that allow Assurance Plus)
New look
Top Shop
Next.co.uk
Dorothy Perkins
Macy’s

How to pay?


Within Pakistan
Cash on Delivery (C.O.D)
Wire Transfer

International websites
Credit/Debit cards (VISA)

Any additional costs?

Online shopping is not like shopping from an actual store. You have to pay shipping/delivery costs for your order to arrive at your doorstep. Shipping cost usually depends on weight of your package.

Small package = low shipping cost
Large package = high shipping cost + possible customs duty

There are a few stores that ship free of cost. Always check the “Shipping”, “Payment” or “Delivery” sections on a website. 
Tip: Some websites also provide discount codes that you can enter before checking out.  The best way to avail discounts and offers is to sign up for newsletters or stay connected to their Facebook and Twitter pages.

What are the risks involved?

While online shopping is a convenience and a blessing, there are many risks involved as well.  Here’s some to look out for.
  • Package loss.
  • Damaged items.
  • Counterfeit (fake) products delivered.
  • Heavy customs duty.
  • Fraudulent website/seller stealing your money.
  • Misleading product information and images.

How to minimize the risks?

It’s indeed a risk choosing a product while looking at the screen and not physically testing it. The best way to save yourself from any mistake is to do some research of your own before buying anything online. Go through plenty of reviews on Google; ask friends or any bloggers you may know.  Never trust until you’re completely sure.

Here’s what else you can do:
  • Avoid placing a huge order online. Begin with ordering a few items.
  • Pay some extra bucks for package insurance and tracked shipping.
  • See if the store offers any refund or exchange of damaged items.
  • In case of cash on delivery, always check the items before making payment.
  • Always look for contact details like telephone number, mailing address other than email.

If you keep these things in mind, you’re definitely in for a pleasant online shopping experience that might get you addicted as well. The truth is, it’s a risk.  Good judgment is only what it takes.

How do you feel about shopping online? Would you like to add something to it? 

67 comments :

  1. There should be links attached with store names :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Hira, I am not allowing links at the moment but you can search for them on Facebook. :) x

      Delete
  2. True.... its becoming quite common. Especially the cash on delivery option is really feasible. I myself am an online shopaholic. I have been delivered fake product once... A very good lesson for me:-) Any idea about the new website cosmetic emporium???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, have no clue about them.

      Delete
    2. my experience with emporiumcosmetics has been a nasty one. i boutght a mac blush 'breezy' from them a couple of days earlier and was told by their rep that they sold only originals. the blush was far from that. the packaging was flaky, the pastic cheap and it arrived with the center plastic shell in two. complete ripoff. the blush was fake. beware.

      Delete
  3. Hey Sara, tell me about customs. I'm been thinking of ordering some stuff online, a few items of cosmetics worth less than PKR 6000, the shipping cost is not much but am unsure about the custom tax I might have to pay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, customs duty depends on the weight of the package. They might charge you very less. In some cases, they charge a lot for small packages as well (around PKR 800). The charges vary from PKR 30 and go up to PKR 3000 (I know that because I had to pay that much).

      Delete
    2. Oh kinda capricious! Lemme see then..Thank You! :)

      Delete
  4. Great post. really helpful! :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you sara :) it is really a great post

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was SO informative! Thank you so much for posting Sarah! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. In the beginning I was afraid of online shopping, but yup if the online store is trustworthy then why not? but still I buy cosmetics that need to be tested for shades like blush-ons, lipstiks, foundations etc from drugstores etc. as that need to be a perfect match and thanx Sara dear for such an informative post:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks a bunch Sara for posting this info :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG ths s very helpful sara thanx a lot for this awesome help and yeah can't can't can't forget that you helped me n my first onlne shopping experience and just because of you came to know about fb online stores thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx a bunchhhhhhhhhhhh for your help love bcz after that am addcted to online shopping and i am able to get all international brands that want and all great stuff so thanx once again for being such a support and help :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. there are a few more jewelry and accessories ones i ve come across on facebook:
    Reflection Accessories
    Stylista!
    Glimx - Designing you Beautifully

    to name a few... rest i'll mention soon too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such an awesome post! I didnt realise half of those brands had int'l shipping- time to shop!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Online shopping is a boon to us makeup maniacs Sara..An awesome website that I shop from is strawberrynet and they offer free worldwide shipping!! They always have discounts and special offers running and their range of brands is outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey , have you ever heard of magiclamp.pk ... it sells some really good stuff but im not sure of its authentic or not

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Its good and authentic website. They are in Lahore at siddiqe trade center. I have received my Revlon Strawberry Suede Matte Lipstick. This website is good for shopping online but issue is they only provide imported products and take up to 15 days. If you wait for than good for you.

      Delete
  14. Brilliant post. awsome job done talented girl. thumbs up for you

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much Sara for such a wonderful review, i will definitely be following these rules :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. grt post Sara...will help us alot... i am a big fan of urs

    ReplyDelete
  17. what about elf pakistan
    eyeslipsface.pk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi My name is Rajni Mehra from India. i am a regular viewer of your site but strange commenting first time on ur site....well i would like to buy pakistani dresses...suits and Lehnga. would u recommend any good website that they do deliver in INDIA, New Delhi? and one more thing i just lov ur site its too informative!!...hatss off to ur work :)

    please suggest i reasonable site otherwise i have to visit Paksitan to buy my bridal lehnga....<3<3 i lov paksitani couture!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rajni. Thank you for appreciating my work. It means a lot! <3

      Could you please email me on info@sarahassansblog.com. I'd be glad to help :)

      Delete
  19. what about just4girls.pk?? can we trust upon their website???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's mentioned in the post. Yes, you can trust.

      Delete
  20. Hi -
    Sara how was your experience with cherry culture . Can you please guide me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I personally haven't shopped from Cherry Culture. A friend of mine has and she's satisfied. :)

      Delete
  21. Hey Sara can you tell me Custom Duty on importing Electronics things from China. Also tell me is the Custom Duty will be according to weight or according to the values of Goods. Also Can you tell me the Cheapest way from China to Pakistan.

    ReplyDelete
  22. can you tell any online clothing shopping stores?in pakistan? and what about sammys dresses?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Shumaila, I haven't shopped from this store myself so can't say if they're reliable. You could google for online reviews as I'm sure that would help. :) xx

      Delete
  23. AOA Sara! u r AWESOME!!!covering every topic of make up world..
    i wanna ask if just4girls is trusted website to buy mac cosmetics..kindly let me know.........huge fan of yours
    Regards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Saria, thanks a lot for appreciating! :) Yes, Just4girls sell 100% authentic MAC. I myself have shopped MAC from them. xx

      Delete
  24. Eye Love Makeup is another trustworthy store, I have shopped from them quite a few times and really satisfied. You should add that in your list

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sara thank u so much for this post...you are the BEST!! lov u <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  26. HI Sara, this was a very informative post. After reading this im tempted to buy something from Benefit cosmetics. Did you by any chance have any experience ordering stuff from there? im afraid if it will the package will get lost or something... let me know. thanks

    P.S. Love your blog:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I never ordered directly from the site. I like to order through small independent makeup sellers on Facebook instead. But I know for sure they ship to Pakistan. :) x

      Thank you for the appreciation <3 ^_^

      Delete
  27. that's a very nice post sara!but i wanna ask that did you have any personal experience with www.bhcosmetics.com ?? I have heard so much bad reviews that's why i m not sure whether to buy there or not..plz help!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Khushi, I'm afraid I haven't shopped from their website so have no clue about that. You could get BH palettes from various online stores quite easily or visit Just4girls.pk and BeautyArena.pk to shop. :)

      Delete
  28. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  29. My friend linked me to your blog and man, i'm gonna take my time going through it :D
    I'd like some advice/help though. I want to buy some of ELF's new Disney Villains line but I'm not sure where to buy it from, or if there's an online store from where I can purchase it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sumeiia, you can checkout the Facebook stores mentioned in the post above. Some of them do take orders for ELF and other drugstore brands. Thanks for stopping by! ^_^

      Delete
  30. Hello Sara,

    I loved your blog. It's amazing and informative.
    I require some information regarding custom duty as i am unsure of how it is applied on items in Pakistan.
    Can you please emphasize in a little detail that if i have to order some online clothes from an online shopping website what will be the custom duties that will be applied. As in the weights, value, etc.

    Please reply ASAP.

    Best Regards,
    Faryal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faryal, this is Pakistan, anything can happen. Sometimes they charge you for the package and sometimes they don't -- yes it's true! Usually for my small packages, I only pay Rs. 40 and sometimes, I have to pay more. It varies with weight.

      Also, always ask the shipper to mark your shipment as a gift so you are not charged for your package. Even if you're charged by Pakistan customs office, the amount will be considerably lesser. Hope this helps. :) x

      Delete
  31. Probably I'm the first man to comment, helping post. Can you please tell how customs charge you because as I layman I know that parcel are delivered to my doorstep and I just sign the receipt I believe custom charges are paid on delivery to post man?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the custom's duty is paid to the post man.

      Delete
  32. Hi Sara
    I ordere my kids clothes from Ali express . And as I can read from the comments that u have been shopping from the site so must know the whole process.
    Now what I have to do next after placing the order, apart of waiting?
    And how much charges do I have to pay to cutom ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never had to pay any duty to custom office. Perhaps that's because my orders are always small. I can't say for sure though. It really depends on the weight of the package. :) x

      Delete
  33. hey sara i love ur blog:)
    can u please let me knw from where can i get NARS DIOR and NYX online? i dnt knw if these fb pages have the orig stuff or not

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shop from Rouge all the time. They sell original stuff. don't worry!

      Delete
  34. hi,
    what will be the shipping cost if i order some stuff from just4girls website?

    ReplyDelete
  35. Sara also tell me that beauty joint is authentic and about their makeup quality?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Marryam, I often shop from BeautyJoint myself and have never been disappointed with their service. Products are authentic. :) x

      Delete
  36. Hi Sara, could you plzzz tell me about Aliexpress?? i read some reviews related to this website and they were pretty shocking. Could you plz tell me if its a reliable one? and also how was ur experience with them?

    ReplyDelete
  37. I ordered my wedding shoes through Amazon and I had to pay a whopping 60% of the package value as customs duty. Really disturbing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi Sara, tell me that daraz.pk is authentic for their beauty and makeup products?

    ReplyDelete
  39. Sara, Thanks for the amazing post!
    I just have one question. If a product on AliExpress states "free shipping" does that include delivery to your doorstep? or do you have to pay for that? (If yes, how much does that roughly cost?)

    Thanks a lot,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  40. Sara,

    Nice Blog. I was looking for Amazon Shipping cost to Pakistan, then I found your blog. I'm a Blogger and Content Creator, and It's great to find your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment. Your lovely comments make my day. <3

Please avoid rude or inappropriate comments. Also, this is the comments section. No queries will be entertained unrelated to the post.

For queries, please write to info@sarahassansblog.com.

NOTE: Comments with LINKS will NOT be entertained. Thank you. :)