Illamasqua Naked Strangers Collection – Review & swatches

Illamasqua Naked Strangers Collection – Review & swatches

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 Sara Hassan , 27 Comments

Don’t fancy going fearless with makeup? Want something more wearable? And you thought Illamasqua has nothing for you?! Well guess what? Illamasqua reveals the Naked Strangers Collection.

Illamasqua Naked Strangers Collection Swatches (left-right): Intimacy & Naked Rose
Illamasqua Lipgloss in Intimacy
Super glossy, with a sensual, sheer colour designed to enhance your lips. Use Illamasqua Sheer Lipgloss on its own or with Illamasqua Lipstick for added pout. Add a little more sexiness to your smile.

7ml 0.2 FL. OZ.

Illamasqua Sheer Lip gloss in Intimacy
Illamasqua Sheer Lip gloss in Intimacy
Illamasqua Sheer Lip gloss in Intimacy swatch
My thoughts
According to the website, Intimacy is described as a nude pink brown. I love the look of it. The packaging is chic and the shade is beautiful. It has tiny shimmer in it; not very detectable during day light thankfully. The formula is a dream come true – it’s nonsticky, smooth and also doesn’t settle into lip lines. Not to forget, it has a yummy bubble gummy scent too. *loves*

I am not a fan of the brush applicator and wish it had a doe foot applicator instead. The lasting power is not bad either; stays for up to an hour on me. Overall, I love how it compliments my skin tone.

Illamasqua Blusher in Naked Rose
Illuminate, radiate, make your face come alive with the colour and drama of Illamasqua Powder Blusher. Colour-intense and highly pigmented, use it to shade, brighten, enhance and define the shape of your face. Be bold, be daring, be the centre of attention.

NET WT. 4.5g 0.15 OZ.

Illamasqua Blusher in Naked Rose
Illamasqua Blusher in Naked Rose
Illamasqua Blusher in Naked Rose swatch
My thoughts
Naked Rose is described as neutral beige brown however I see some pink on my face when applied. The shade is just what I was looking for and so I love it. It's super pigmented, has a matte texture, blends seamlessly and appears very natural. I have nothing negative to say about this; it’s perfect. For a full review on the product; click here.

My only concern with Naked Rose -- what if it doesn’t appear on deeper skin tones?

Overall, the collection is a hit for me. For prices and details, visit Illamasqua's website here.

What do you think about this collection?


PR sample(s) sent for review. This however has not affected my opinion at all. My loyalty is to my readers and being honest is my utmost responsibility. I have given my sincere opinion about the product(s) mentioned in the post. For more details, please go through my Disclosure Policy.

If you have any questions, you can have a look at FAQ or email me on info@sarahassansblog.com.

27 comments :

  1. Sara It is wow.... i am a big fan of Illamasqua blushes it is amazing girl. you made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. The blush looks quite wearable. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Naked rose is beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty!!! <3 Natural and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Naked rose looks beautiful on your skin tone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh I love the intimacy gloss! looks wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  7. Naked Rose looks absolutely gorgeous! i love illamasqua blushes! wearing Chased today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely agree. They are one the best blushers I have tried. Chased it a gorgeous shade :)x

      Delete
  8. The blush is pretty but to light for me

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like Naked Rose (in the swatch and pan) but I share your fear that this might not show up on deeper skintones (ie: me).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Eden, I think it will show up as a natural flush on you. I applied a light layer of the blush in the photo but it builds up quite well :)

      Delete
  10. could you suggest an affordable dupe for the naked rose blush please??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't come across a dupe yet however you can check out Rimmel mono blush in Santa Rose.

      Delete
  11. Both of them are lovely indeed <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now that is the perfect nude lip gloss...love it..great review sara

    ReplyDelete
  13. amazing products!
    i would like to try llamasqua but in italy we haven't it in store!

    ps: we have the same surname :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey sara! this gloss n blush shades are absolutely amazing!Apart from the website mentioned from where can i purchase it in karachi ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah! You can request for this brand to International Makeup In Pakistan or Beauty Unleashed. They are trusted Facebook online stores. :)

      Delete
  15. I have Naked Rose. It does show on medium brown skin like mine but it is not very abundant. It appears as muted brownish pink. I like it. I was reminded of this blush because I just purchased Essex by kat Von D. it is similar to Naked Rose but rosier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am glad it shows up on deeper skin tones as well, thanks for sharing Dionne! :)

      Delete

Feel free to comment. Your lovely comments make my day. <3

Please avoid rude or inappropriate comments. Also, this is the comments section. No queries will be entertained unrelated to the post.

For queries, please write to info@sarahassansblog.com.

NOTE: Comments with LINKS will NOT be entertained. Thank you. :)