L’Oreal Color Riche Intense Lipstick – Review & swatches

L’Oreal Color Riche Intense Lipstick – Review & swatches

Thursday, June 07, 2012 Sara Hassan , 23 Comments

I have never tried lipsticks by L’Oreal before so it’s obviously my first time. I am a sucker for richly pigmented lipsticks and so I anticipated the same from these. It didn’t prove me wrong.

L’Oreal Color Riche Intense Lipstick

Experience the intense, natural and boosting serum lip shades through L’Oreal Paris Color Riche where the L’Oréal Laboratories have selected only the purest and finest color pigments, combined uniquely with Omega 3 and Vitamin E to moisturize lips for smooth application and for comfortable wear. L’Oréal Paris Color Riche has a wide range of assertive, intense, vivid, radiant colors which are once again in vogue.

L’Oreal Color Riche Intense Lipstick
L’Oreal Color Riche Intense Lipstick: 377 Perfect Red
L’Oreal Color Riche Intense Lipstick:285 Pink Fever
L’Oreal Color Riche Intense Lipstick (swatches)
L’Oreal Color Riche Intense Lipstick (swatches)
L’Oreal Color Riche Intense Lipstick: 377 Perfect Red
L’Oreal Color Riche Intense Lipstick:285 Pink Fever
My thoughts
285 Pink Fever is a brilliant blue toned pink with silver flecks and 377 Perfect Red is a striking orange red with gold flecks. My first concern with Pink Fever was “what if it doesn’t go with my skin tone?” Well, it looks absolutely fine, somewhat purplish pink on me. This is the kind of color I would pair up with soft blue or green smokey eyes though it looks pretty alone as well. Perfect Red is an orange red. I like this shade but it would best suit deep olive skin tones. The golden flecks pick up the golden undertones of my skin so it kinda makes me look more yellow.

The two shades are indeed very intense but they can go on sheer to semi opaque in color payoff; that depends on how much you layer. The creamy texture slides over my lips effortlessly without accentuating any lines. The formula is light weight and I find them quite comfortable to wear. What I didn't expect is the glossy finish. Surprisingly, I quite like it. Thankfully, it's not super glossy; it's just a subtle sheen that makes my lips appear fuller.

The lipsticks, as they say, are very moisturizing but that is no excuse to apply a lipstick on dry and flaky lips. I'd suggest getting rid of the flakes before putting on a lipstick if you want a perfect pout. Since they are creamy, it made me question their longevity. There are just a few creamy lipsticks in my stash that last good on me and I am glad these joined the kin. Even though they are creamy, they do have some grip on my lips and last for about 4 hours but they don't wear off evenly and deposits as clumps around the lip margins.

The only thing I don’t like about these lipsticks are the silver/golden flecks; sometimes the flecks spread around my mouth which is very annoying. The lipsticks have a sweet scent and they taste almost like a syrup but not nearly as strong but to some, it might be a bit off-putting.

You might like it if... 
  • You enjoy creamy texture.
  • You expect a semi-opaque coverage. 
  • You expect the lipsticks to be moisturizing. 
  • You like a glossy finish.
  • You don't want it enhance lines on your lips.
  • You expect it to be long lasting.
You might not like it if...
  •  The gold/silver flecks and the scent put you off.
  • You expect it to fade evenly.
My rating
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-k9pvc7-MFlg/Ti7Ey2nCQdI/AAAAAAAAB5A/vAOA9RcLgyE/s1600/4.jpg 
4/5

L’Oreal Color Riche Intense Lipstick is priced PKR 1400 and is available at superstores all across Pakistan.

What do you think about it? Have you tried these?


PR sample(s) sent for review. This however has not affected my opinion at all. My loyalty is to my readers and being honest is my utmost responsibility. I have given my sincere opinion about the product(s) mentioned in the post. For more details, please go through my Disclosure Policy.

If you have any questions, you can have a look at FAQ or email me on info@sarahassansblog.com.

23 comments :

  1. I heard Loreal tests on animals, which is disappointing for a well known brand. Nevertheless, those colours are really nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both looks good on your lips Sarah :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice review but they are really pricey...I m waiting when ull review clor studio lipstick so I wud make my choice to buy them or not...TAKE CARE

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the perfect red color....it looks awesome..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not buying the L'oreal lipsticks right now.Checking on the shades and shortlisting, else, my lust list is getting too long. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Color Riche Intense Lipsticks, the quality is really good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always LOVE Loreal lipstick. Loved both the shades. Looks really pretty on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I love the pigmentation of these!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was so looking forward to these lipsticks but it is such a disappointment for me that these have glitter. :/

    ReplyDelete
  10. expensive for the lipstick! though the colours are nice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. its one of my favorite drugstore lipsticks,both colors are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These two colors look really amazing on you! :O
    I've learned from experience that blue based colors don't look too good on me...it looks fine on you however! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  13. both shades looking gorgeous on your lips ...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like your pictures, they are VERY clear! Both shades looks very pretty on your lips.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have a couple of Loreal lipsticks and I feel the same; the glitter in them make the texture somewhat gritty and it feels weird. Although Perfect red looks good xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. i just got orange shade but these are also really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  17. wao both are really pretty shades. just want to try

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both shades are gorgeous <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. I only own one shade of this line but it was really shimmery and clung to my dry skin. It looks nothing at all like the lovely shades you're showcasing so I'll have to consider giving these a second chance because I love how they look on you.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment. Your lovely comments make my day. <3

Please avoid rude or inappropriate comments. Also, this is the comments section. No queries will be entertained unrelated to the post.

For queries, please write to info@sarahassansblog.com.

NOTE: Comments with LINKS will NOT be entertained. Thank you. :)