MUA Blusher in Shade 5 – Review & swatches

MUA Blusher in Shade 5 – Review & swatches

Thursday, June 21, 2012 Sara Hassan , 27 Comments

This blush is one of my everyday casual most reached for blushers. Take a look at the review below!

Blusher
Part of our amazing £1 line, our blushers come in six shades. They range from pink and coral to deeper plums and natural nudes so you’ll definitely find one that suits you the most! Although to be honest with you, at £1 there’s no reason why you shouldn’t own all six! Just simply sweep across the apples of the cheek and up to the brow bone to create a soft yet beautiful contour. Gorge!

MUA Blusher in Shade 5
MUA Blusher in Shade 5
MUA Blusher in Shade 5
MUA Blusher in Shade 5 (swatch)
MUA Blusher in Shade 5 (Applied)
My thoughts
My initial thought before unsealing it was, ‘How gorgeous is this shade!’ It made me nostalgic for Rimmel Mono Blush in Santa Rose which was my FIRST ever blush! I kept on re-purchasing it, in fact I still have it in my stash but I’ve hit pan on it so it's a little troublesome to use now. It also reminds me of Sleek MakeUP blush in Rose Gold.

MUA Blusher in Shade 5 gives a pretty wash of color to the cheeks. Even though it’s shown as one of the darkest colors from the range on the website, in reality it’s a gorgeous peachy pink with golden shimmer. I am happy the shimmer is golden because it gives the blush a warm touch. In my opinion, it also seems like a dupe for NARS Blush in Orgasm. The shimmer is very fine and gives a beautiful glow to the cheeks so it can be worn both in the day time and night if you build it up. I like wearing it in the day because it looks quite natural and most of all, it compliments my skin tone. I suppose MUA Blusher in Shade 4 and Shade 5 would be the most suitable ones for medium skin tones.

I guess the texture in this range varies because some of the shades are softer (read some reviews). This one however doesn’t have a very soft texture; it’s neither hard nor soft, it’s in the middle. Pigmentation wise, I would commend because for the price, it’s indeed impressive! You do need to swirl your brush over a couple of times and work it on your cheeks but it’s NOT something that wouldn’t show up at all. I personally don't have to struggle a lot. I am also pleasantly surprised that I don't face any issues with blending. Since it applies sheer on the first layer, it doesn’t leave any harsh lines, sit into the pores or appear chalky. It’s very user-friendly I would say. It wears up to good five hours on me (with primer/foundation underneath) and tones down thereafter. If you wear it over your bare face, I think it would last less.

Now I know, the packaging isn’t the prettiest one but I don’t care because at least it doesn’t appear cheap. The extremely pocket-friendly price justifies the packaging.

Overall, this blush is really good for girls on a budget or someone who is looking for blusher that could be worn on a daily basis. If you’re a teenager and have just started out with makeup, you should consider trying it out. As for me, I switch between this and some of my other summer picks and I’m absolutely enjoying this shade.

You might like it if…
  • You want a blush with subtle shimmer.
  • You expect good pigmentation.
  • You expect an easy blending.
  • You are on tight budget.
  • You wear it over foundation.
You might not like it if...
  • You expect a soft texture.
  • You expect a long wear time.
  • It highlights your large pores.
My rating
3.5/5

MUA Blusher comes with a price tag of PKR 200 and is available at Just4girls.pk. You can also visit MUA's website to shop.

What do you think about MUA Blushers? Have you tried any?


PR sample(s) sent for review. This however has not affected my opinion at all. My loyalty is to my readers and being honest is my utmost responsibility. I have given my sincere opinion about the product(s) mentioned in the post. For more details, please go through my Disclosure Policy.

If you have any questions, you can have a look at FAQ or email me on info@sarahassansblog.com.

27 comments :

  1. good review Sara...It looks good on you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a pretty shade!! it looks lovely on your skin tone

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice review..pretty shade Sara!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so much like Rose gold! Just a little less shimmery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I absolutely agree. It's less frosty :)

      Delete
  5. it really did remind me sleeks rose gold! its so pretty almost dupe for it. looks lovely on you and great review sara :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. the color looks really nice on you and it's a steal for 200 only:) i love the swatch too x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This shade looks really pretty on you. I was actually waiting for reviews on this blush. Great review xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how summery and fresh It looks on your skin tone <3 <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I knew i'd love it the SECOND I saw the pan that i'd love this shade. And I normally don't like shimmery or satiny blushes but the beautiful peach tone makes me HEART it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I love my peach blushers and this is a definitely one of them. :)

      Delete
  10. Loved the review, I am enticed to try this one, although Im more of a pink blusher. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG this is SO pretty! It looks really good on you as well! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. ths shades look quite different on site :/ y so?? btw they look awesome on you :)xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty and wearable! I don't think I have anything similar to it in my collection, everything else I own is either more nude or much more orange. Want!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks so gorgeous on you - I've finally managed to track it down after not ring able to afford nars orgasm and shade 5 is now my everyday go to blush - thank you so so so much for introducing me to it xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! what a beautiful blush, a must for us peach n natural lovers!
    alas!, its not available any more on the site you mentioned. :(
    Can u suggest some other online store or any local shop in karachi where i can hunt down this blush?
    btw ur blog got me hooked, i log on many times a day just to check if ne new review is posted plus u have unleashed the shopaholic in me, just dying to try out a lot of stuff u reviewed n not to forget that ur reviews are a feast for the eyes!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sabita, thanks a lot for appreciating. I'm glad to help! :)

      Well, you can checkout Dhanak (an online Facebook store). They take orders for this brand. MUA isn't available in stores here as yet. :) xx

      Delete

Feel free to comment. Your lovely comments make my day. <3

Please avoid rude or inappropriate comments. Also, this is the comments section. No queries will be entertained unrelated to the post.

For queries, please write to info@sarahassansblog.com.

NOTE: Comments with LINKS will NOT be entertained. Thank you. :)