MUA Lip Boom – Review & swatches

MUA Lip Boom – Review & swatches

Monday, June 04, 2012 Sara Hassan , 28 Comments

Getting lipstick and a lip gloss in one tube is certainly a cool concept! Let’s find out how Lip Booms are doing for me.

Lip Boom
Lipstick and highlighting gloss that creates fuller curvaceous lips for a dramatic illusion of volume.

There are 4 amazing ways to transform your lips and give them some Boom!
1. Lipstick alone for a matte look.
2. Lipstick with highlighter applied just to the centre of your lips to create a full volume illusion.
3. Lipstick with highlighter all over for a super-glossy look.
4. Highlighter alone for a sheer pearl finish.

There are 8 amazing shades in the range so grab yourself some BOOM!

MUA Lip Boom
MUA Lip Boom
MUA Lip Boom
MUA Lip Boom (left-right): Vibe,Bring it, It's a situation
MUA Lip Boom swatches (left-right): Vibe,Bring it, It's a situation
MUA Lip Boom: Vibe
MUA Lip Boom: Vibe
MUA Lip Boom: Bring it
MUA Lip Boom: Bring it
MUA Lip Boom: It's a situation
MUA Lip Boom: It's a situation
My thoughts
Lip Booms have just recently been launched and the idea really excited me when I got to know about them. Even though I am not a lipgloss person and use it occasionally, I do find the 2-in-1 package appealing and economical.

I have got three shades to share with you: Vibe, Bring it and It’s A Situation. I absolutely adore these colors! Vibe is a peachy nude which is very wearable. It’s a beautiful shade that enhances my natural lip color. Bring it is a true red pink that really flatters my skin tone; it's one of my favorite reds that I own. It’s A Situation is a pretty plum that makes a gorgeous color for fall/winter.

The lipsticks kinda surprised me when I first tried them. It claims a matte finish which I do agree up to a point but I don’t see any matte lipstick quality in them. Except for the fact that they deliver a matte finish, unlike a matte lipstick, they don’t last very long. The longevity varies with intensity; Bring it and It’s A Situation last for two and a half hours without eating/drinking with a lip liner underneath; Vibe on the other hand loses its vibe after an hour. The dark ones tone down and leave a tint on my lips for another two hours. So in my opinion, the dark shades last better. They don’t wear off evenly and leave a rim around the inner lip so if you plan on re-touching, make sure you wipe that off and re-apply on clean lips.

I like the caramel scent of the lipsticks - smells delicious. Before you apply, I’d suggest warming up the shades on the back of your hand which would facilitate the color to transfer on your lips. As I said, they are NOT entirely matte and so they don’t  seem to drag on my lips however dry/chapped lips would need a little moisture before application. The coverage is semi-opaque and it takes about two to three swipes to build it up. I’d highly recommend using a lip liner underneath if you don't want the colors to lose their intensity for a longer period of time.

Coming to the glosses now. The glosses have similar scent as the lipsticks. They’re not sticky (which is a good thing) and they don't settle into the lip lines however I really wish the glitter size hadn’t been so conspicuous. I’d rather like shimmer than glitter in them. They have a sheer base and show only as colored glitters on the lips so I don’t fancy wearing them alone. The glosses do add an instant boom to the lips but I noticed that they decrease the wear of the lipsticks. I'd suggest dabbing it instead of layering if you don't want the lipstick to budge. With the gloss on top, you can enjoy a glossy pout for around an hour.

Overall, I think Lip Booms would be a hit among teenage girls for the overall package is quite likable; it would also be good for someone who isn't expecting a long wear from the lipsticks and likes the stain they leave on the lips. To be very honest, I won't be using the glosses except for the one that comes with Vibe but I do like wearing the lipsticks because the colors absolutely flatter my skin tone and I don’t mind retouching ONLY because I truly love the shades. But if you're expecting matte lipstick qualities from these, you would be disappointed.

You might like it if…
  • You find the 2-in-1 package affordable.
  • You expect a decent wear with lip liner underneath (two to three hours).
  • You don’t mind the caramel scent.
  • You expect semi-opaque coverage.
  • You expect the glosses to be non-sticky.
You might not like it if…
  • You expect a long wear.
  • You find the glosses too glittery for your taste.
  • You demand a matte texture.
  • You expect them to wear off evenly.
My rating
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-O9jbySQmysE/TjGZpMw2fNI/AAAAAAAAB7I/Ko-Vs6_zLew/s1600/3.jpg
3/5

MUA Lip Boom comes with a price tag of PKR 500 and is available at Just4girls.pk. You can also visit MUA's website to shop.

What do you think about Lip Booms?


PR sample(s) sent for review. This however has not affected my opinion at all. My loyalty is to my readers and being honest is my utmost responsibility. I have given my sincere opinion about the product(s) mentioned in the post. For more details, please go through my Disclosure Policy.

If you have any questions, you can have a look at FAQ or email me on info@sarahassansblog.com.

28 comments :

  1. Ughh that is just too much glitter in a lip gloss. I really love the lipstick shades though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved all the colors, looks pretty on you. I didn't buy because of the glitter gloss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. bring it is such a pretty shade!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice review sara.. Though they r good but glittery is nt tht appealing, i like th vibe shade, thnx for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish u review "lmk" or there blushers ......was waiting for your review but: (

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh its really amazing product... thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its a situation looks so good on you. and i absolutely love shiny sparkly things and therefore, the glitter seems awesome! you convinced me to try these:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful shades <3 Great review Sara!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All the lipstick shades are great but it's bad that they don't last longer and the glitter is way too prominent as well... Vibe is such a nice color..
    Thank you for your honest views =) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are adorable, thou the glitter is a miss for me. Great review sara

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hay nice review:) at first look I felt tempted to the shade Vibe instantly but the no staying power is an issue though shades are fab...

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are RIDICULOUSLY pretty *_____*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving the shades on you, but i wish these were long wearing aswell!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great review sara :) lovvve vibe!! is MUA available in any stores here yet?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I got mine in OMG and this is not like what i was expecting... you are true glitter is big n chunky...
    not much impressed with boom lips
    with any of lipstick n any rivaj uk shimmery gloss is they way I can easily BOOM my lips....

    btw love your swatches as always, lipsticks are really nice

    ReplyDelete
  16. I forget which American brand is doing a really similar product, probably L'Oreal. I like the color of Bring It (before the shimmer) but I'm not so much in love with the wear or the glitter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Bring it! It's my go-to red these days. The wear is pretty decent if I line my lips and then put them on :)

      Delete
  17. wow..pretty shades...My favourite is Vibes

    ReplyDelete
  18. sarah please give the review for the mua lipsticks . though i have seen other reviews too but still waiting for your review . excellent job that you are doing

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment. Your lovely comments make my day. <3

Please avoid rude or inappropriate comments. Also, this is the comments section. No queries will be entertained unrelated to the post.

For queries, please write to info@sarahassansblog.com.

NOTE: Comments with LINKS will NOT be entertained. Thank you. :)