Pond’s Clear Balance Oil Control Skin Mattifying Facial Foam – Review

Pond’s Clear Balance Oil Control Skin Mattifying Facial Foam – Review

Friday, June 15, 2012 Sara Hassan , 18 Comments

I have been using this facial foam for almost a month now. The tube is just about to finish. Wanna know my experience with it? Read ahead to find out!

Clear Balance Oil Control Skin Mattifying Facial Foam
Pond's introduces its advanced skin mattifying facial foam, powered by one of the unique Mineral Clay.
Unearthed in its pure form from mineral Clay is known to be highly absorbent.
New Pond's oil control effectively sponges up excess oil, dirt and make up without over drying skin.
Skin feels instantly clean, refreshed and balanced, with long lasting matte looking finish your dream of!

How to apply:
  • Dampen your face with water.
  • Squeeze the tube to get a pea sized drop and lather it.
  • Use circular movements to apply the foam on your moistened face.
  • Rinse with water. Avoid direct contact with eyes.
Pond’s Clear Balance Oil Control Skin Mattifying Facial Foam

My thoughts
I keep on repurchasing Pond’s Pure White Deep Cleansing Facial Foam because I absolutely love it. I really appreciate Pond's for bringing out a wide range of face washes; it gives you a choice to get something that would cater to your skin type.

This facial foam is made for people who have a combination to oily skin type and claims to control excess oil on the face. According to Pond’s, it has mineral clay which has oil absorbing properties. Well, I do agree that it uproots the dirt and oil trapped in the pores quite effectively but I wouldn’t say my skin remains shine-free for the whole day; that's practically impossible! You certainly need to wash your face with it at least three times a day if you wish to maintain an oil-free skin. I suggest not squeezing it out in excess, a pint-size amount will do. It lathers really well and rinses off easily. It has some scent but it's hardly detectable which is a good thing if you are into odor-free products. It doesn’t leave my skin dry or flaky but just like my previous experience, this one too kinda makes my skin a bit stretchy immediately after washing but the feeling rapidly disappears in a minute. I would however advise moisturizing once a day to keep your skin balanced.

The product comes in an easy to use flip-flop tube; since it has a thick consistency, it doesn’t spill. For those who don't just want to wash their face but also look for some exfoliation, here comes the best part; this facial foam contains tiny blue beads for gentle exfoliation; they are so tiny that it’s barely sensible. I actually like this added feature as it helps slough off the dead skin cells without being too harsh for a daily use.

Overall, I like this facial foam but I guess I will be sticking to Pure White Deep Cleansing because for some reason, I find that work more effectively for me. But for a change, this one was a pleasure to try.

You might like it if…
  • You have a combination to oily skin.
  • You expect effective cleansing.
  • You expect an oil-free skin after use.
  • You look for micro-beads in a face wash.
  • You’re looking for an affordable face wash.
You might not like it if…
  • You expect a shine-free skin with single use.
  • You think it dries out your skin.
My rating
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-k9pvc7-MFlg/Ti7Ey2nCQdI/AAAAAAAAB5A/vAOA9RcLgyE/s1600/4.jpg 
4/5

Pond’s Clear Balance Oil Control Skin Mattifying Facial Foam is priced PKR 125 (50 ml) and PKR 230 (100 ml) and can be purchased form all leading stores nation wide.

What do you think about it? Have you tried Pond's face washes?


PR sample(s) sent for review. This however has not affected my opinion at all. My loyalty is to my readers and being honest is my utmost responsibility. I have given my sincere opinion about the product(s) mentioned in the post. For more details, please go through my Disclosure Policy.

If you have any questions, you can have a look at FAQ or email me on info@sarahassansblog.com.

18 comments :

  1. I've used the green one religiously but I stopped it because of some reasons. The black Ponds is totally the bomb because it removes dirt and oil specially blackheads on the nose. :) I love your blog Sara!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie ^_^

      Well, maybe I prefer the black one for the same reason. I think it clears my skin better. It's just a personal choice :)

      Delete
  2. I love this face wash! I have been using the older version for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must try this..thanks for sharing review dear Sara!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Need a new summer facial cleanser. The oil on my face is getting ooc. Thanks for the review

    ReplyDelete
  5. great review, I love Pond's face wash but I find Himalaya face wash even better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been using Pond's Clear Balance Acne Control since two months it does control acne but totally failed in controlling oil and sebum .. I absolutely love black Pond's an absolute favorite for me as I love using it and its genius in removing oil , dirt & clears my skin miraculously xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have it but m using other one right now..

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds fairly nice. I am going to recommend this to my mom. I am sure she'll love it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I dont know y bt I have never been into Ponds products :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great review Sara! Been hearing so much good stuff about Pond's black facewash. HAVE to try it now :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hum. This seems like it'd be good to have an an alternating/rotating skincare routine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My sister bought the yellow one and its the blackhead removing one! I tried it and OMG! My skin felt so good and it felt like all the dirt in the world came off ahahah! I lovee it and it keeps my skin oil free for a good 4 hours minimum so I love it even more! I don't have blackhead issues so can't really say if it works for that but I love how it makes my skin matte without over drying!

    I tried out the black one too after reading your review and I absolutely love that too so thankyou Sara! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds great..I should give it a try too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the blog! It's really well written and set out! :)
    I would love love love it if you checked mine out too?
    I'm just starting out and would love to get your opinion on it!
    xox Georgie

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have Used this facewash since a month and i have fallen in love with it in my very 1st use....its amazing....it just works wonder on my skin. I have a combination type skin and specially in summers it was unbearable to wear it.I had used every kind of face wash to make it shine-free n oil free, including some very well-known and expensive brands but nothing worked. Then i bought ponds black pure white face wash , which absolutely suited my skin. It just sucked out all the dirt, oil and impurities and left my skin totally dry and shine-free as i always wanted. N then i tried this new oil control and it also went perfectly with my skin. I got the skin i had always wanted.Thank u Ponds for making my dream come true otherwise i thought i can never ever have a oil-free face.
    N abt ur review, yes u can nt have a shine free face all day, and u have to wash it 2 to 3 tyms a day, but its totally worth it.Ur blog is very cool and i love ur honest opinions abt each and every product. Keep it up.(thumbs up)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pond`s Dont make This Anymore So Sad Can Anyone tell me What site can i request to ponds institute to make this again this is the only product that worked on men :(

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment. Your lovely comments make my day. <3

Please avoid rude or inappropriate comments. Also, this is the comments section. No queries will be entertained unrelated to the post.

For queries, please write to info@sarahassansblog.com.

NOTE: Comments with LINKS will NOT be entertained. Thank you. :)