Rimmel Match Perfection Blush – Review & swatches

Rimmel Match Perfection Blush – Review & swatches

Sunday, July 22, 2012 Sara Hassan , 15 Comments

The embossed Rimmel crowns look so cute, don’t they? I have got two shades of the Match Perfection Blush to share with you today. So let’s kick off!

Rimmel London Match Perfection Blush
This time around, the look is super-natural.  Get an on-trend fresh flush with Match Perfection Blush – perfectly natural-looking colour that’s fit for a queen!  Available in four shade palettes to suit every skin tone from fair to medium/dark, blends a trio of tones into your most gorgeous glow ever.  Plus, precious sapphire pigments make sure the finish is properly regal.  Highlight and sculpt your cheekbones like a pro – without creating an obvious streak of colour.  It’s never been easier to be a royal blushing beauty.

Rimmel London Match Perfection Blush
Rimmel London Match Perfection Blush
Rimmel London Match Perfection Blush -- 002 Light/Medium
Rimmel London Match Perfection Blush -- 004 Medium/Dark
Rimmel London Match Perfection Blush (swatch)
My thoughts
They are right, these blushers look super-natural. In my opinion, these wouldn’t show up on dark medium to dark skin tones as they are pretty sheer on pigmentation. But wait, it’s not all what I’ve to say. Knowing about their pigmentation might have busted your bubble but if you tend to be heavy handed and always end up looking too much flushed, you will love these. I just can’t seem to over-do their pigmentation, they always look natural.

Shade 002 Light/Medium and 004 Medium/Dark appear almost similar when the colors in the trio are blended together. Light/Medium looks pinkish while Medium/Dark leans more peach. As I said, the colors appear sheer when swatched but when you run your finger over the pan, you can appreciate a finely milled texture that gets picked up without difficulty. I do think they are somewhat powdery but that doesn’t hinder their application; they blend in effortlessly without getting blotchy. Both the shades have subtle golden shimmer that doesn’t show up much on the skin. They feel light and you can enjoy the wear for up to four hours; they tend to fade quickly.

The packaging is not suitable to travel with. Unless you tie the lid with a rubber band, don’t make this mistake. So take it or leave it? Take it if you want a blush that looks natural, gives you a healthy glow and a fresh look to pull off in summer. Take it if you’re a teenager or a working woman and want to give your cheeks just a touch of color and definition. Leave it if you’re beyond medium skin tone or expect a long wear from them. I also believe they are a little over-priced considering the flimsy packaging and the overall performance.

You might like it if…
  • You’re looking for natural looking daytime blushers.
  • You have fair to medium skin tone.
  • You expect a soft texture.
  • You expect an easy streak-free blending.
You might not like it if…
  • You have dark medium to dark skin tone.
  • You expect a long wear.
  • You want a travel-friendly blusher.
  • You think the price is steep.
My rating
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-O9jbySQmysE/TjGZpMw2fNI/AAAAAAAAB7I/Ko-Vs6_zLew/s1600/3.jpg
3/5

Rimmel London Match Perfection Blush  is available at all leading stores in Pakistan for PKR 850. You can purchase online from Just4girls.pk and Beauty Arena.

What do you think about these? Have you tried it?


PR sample(s) sent for review. This however has not affected my opinion at all. My loyalty is to my readers and being honest is my utmost responsibility. I have given my sincere opinion about the product(s) mentioned in the post. For more details, please go through my Disclosure Policy.

If you have any questions, you can have a look at FAQ or email me on info@sarahassansblog.com.

15 comments :

  1. nice review:) I dont know why they both are very similar, but obviously swatches make the difference clear...will chek them may be I get one:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, why you No show us your face? :(

    I love reviews on your pretty face :( :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The camera couldn't capture the color on my face. I think the swatches are pretty clear enough :) xx

      Delete
  3. I like the medium/dark one..but i think they r too sheer!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these blushes are really pretty. I am in get-all-the-blushes-phase and this post was perfect for me =P
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow it is really pretty blush....... nice review and thanks for sharing.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. whoaaa, i love the emboss .. so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The shades are really pretty, and the design is just LOVE!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh yes! they are pricey, considering they do not last long and the awful packaging

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look pretty! But, I am not a fan of Rimmel round blushes or bronzers. They are very sheer. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the look of 004, but i'm a bit disappointed that it wouldn't show up on me. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a helpful review, I do like the natural finish x

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment. Your lovely comments make my day. <3

Please avoid rude or inappropriate comments. Also, this is the comments section. No queries will be entertained unrelated to the post.

For queries, please write to info@sarahassansblog.com.

NOTE: Comments with LINKS will NOT be entertained. Thank you. :)