Benefit The POREfessional – Review & swatches

Benefit The POREfessional – Review & swatches

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 Sara Hassan , 20 Comments

This product is one of Benefit’s best sellers. Does it work for me? Read below to find out.

The POREfessional
Quickly minimize the appearance of pores & fine lines for smoother-than-smooth skin! Apply this silky, lightweight balm alone, under or over makeup. Translucent, oil-free formula complements all skintones and helps makeup stay put. Contains a Vitamin E derivative, known to protect skin from free radicals.

Apply the POREfessional from the center of the face outward by patting lightly with fingertips...pay particular attention to the T-zone area. Keep it in your bag for touch-ups during the day.

Benefit The POREfessional
Benefit The POREfessional
Benefit The POREfessional
Benefit The POREfessional (swatch)
Benefit The POREfessional (applied on my mum)
My thoughts
I went through plenty of reviews before purchasing this product. The price sure dents a hole in your pocket which seems much bigger if you look at the tiny tube. I was on the fence about this product because it has mixed reviews. Of course, I don’t have cash lying around so my purchases are always well thought out. I am so glad I decided to give it a shot!

As you well know, I have a combination skin so I have a few visible pores around my nose. My sis, on the other hand, has visible pores on her inner cheek area. We got our skin type from our mum who had an extremely oily skin in her teens. Well, the oil part resolved as she aged but pores didn’t disappear. So to test its performance, I tried it on my mum to see if it makes any difference. Well, it does! I hope you can make out the difference between before and after photos. Of course, it didn’t completely disappear the pores but it sure made them look less prominent. With foundation applied, the pores blur out further.

Talking about myself, this product is like airbrushing-in-a-tube for me. I tried it for the first time in my Pakistani Bridal Look and was ah-mazed to look at the pore-free appearance of my skin. My skin never looks so smooth after using highlighter but with POREfessional underneath, I don’t have to worry at all. Just to be clear, if you’re someone with very large pores, it wouldn’t work the same for you.

I LOVE Benefit’s fancy packaging but that sure adds extra bugs to its cost. It comes with a tiny guide inside to help you with its application. Before I use it, I apply moisturizer or primer to prep my skin. I use POREfessional over the desired zones only; not over my whole face. It’s feels lightweight on application and leaves my skin silky smooth. Not that it balls up, I still suggest waiting for a minute or two before you put on your foundation. You can wear it on its own if you want. It has a mild pleasant scent that doesn’t linger on. Apparently it’s tinted but doesn’t pass on any color to the skin. I take a pea-sized amount and gently pat it over the problem areas. I dab my finger in circles and I can see the difference right away! My pores disappear magically. In my opinion, it doesn’t do much for fine lines. I also don’t think it controls any oil on my face. If you have very oily skin, use your usual primer first and then dab it over your pores.

Last but not the least, the wear time. Well, that depends on factors including your skin type,foundation that you’re using and environment. If you have normal or combination skin, it will keep your pores hidden for up to good four hours. Using a matte foundation will also help increase longevity. In case of oily skin, pores might unveil within three hours. Don’t you worry! You can do a quick touch-up to deal with that; thankfully it’s a travel-friendly product.

Overall, this product works WONDERS for me. Despite the small tube, I think it will last quite some time because I don’t use it on a regular basis. Even though the price is high, for me it’s a definite re-purchase!

You might like it if…
  • You have visible pores and want to hide them temporarily.
  • You expect it to be light-weight.
  • You want a product that doesn’t clog pores or cause breakouts.
  • You are happy with its decent wear.
  • You find the product travel-friendly.
You might not like it if…
  • You expect it to disappear large pores completely.
  • You expect it to control oil or minimize fine lines.
  • You find it expensive.
  • It doesn’t work for you.
My rating
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-k9pvc7-MFlg/Ti7Ey2nCQdI/AAAAAAAAB5A/vAOA9RcLgyE/s1600/4.jpg 
4/5

I purchased Benefit The POREfessional from Beauty Unleashed. It's priced PKR 3475. You can also purchase online from Benefit's website.

What do you think about it? Have you tried anything from Benefit?

20 comments :

  1. I always wanted to try this, and NOW I want to try it out more. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sold! This sounds wonderful. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing result, great review dear <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. the difference is quite visible, it makes me so happy when the product is worth every cent! thanks for the review :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've gotten a tube and I'm nearly done with it! Need to get more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE porefessional, finished one recently and my other ordered one is on its way:)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. This seems great, i think i would like something that is oil controlling! :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was really waiting for your review on this one as I have recently noticed some prominent pores on sides of my nose. If the quality and result is great, even I am willing to pay this price. Can you tell me how much product does it contain?

    ReplyDelete
  9. The review is amazing!
    Thank you for mentioning us :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. excellent review! and yeah! I like ur writing style..

    cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Finally and thanx dear I knew ull review it like no one else, U r the only one who cleared my concept THAT THIS IS NOT APRIMER IT IS TO MINIMIZE pores, I know it is much clear by name but many reviews confused me to think that may be its a primer hwich also minimizes pores, whatever, I wont be able to afford it now but will invest in it soon as my skin is same like ur mum and sis...love to u all<3 and ur mum skin is fab Lods of regard for her

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie. I am glad you found this review helpful. :) Love

      Delete
  12. ah thank you sara i was waiting for your review on this, now i can purchase this. excellent and detailed review as always.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i need to try out to smooth my skin out even more

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm SO GLAD it works for you! Everyone's skin is different of course and it also helped my pores considerably (but you know the problems I had with it.)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment. Your lovely comments make my day. <3

Please avoid rude or inappropriate comments. Also, this is the comments section. No queries will be entertained unrelated to the post.

For queries, please write to info@sarahassansblog.com.

NOTE: Comments with LINKS will NOT be entertained. Thank you. :)