Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer – Review & swatches

Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer – Review & swatches

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 Sara Hassan , 35 Comments

If there’s one thing I’d like to take with me to a deserted island, concealer would be it! Being a working woman, I use concealer religiously because I believe that nothing makes you look tired and older than dark shadows under your eyes.

Read more to find out about my thoughts on this concealer.

Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer
Ultimate wear concealer conceals flaws, imperfections and blemishes for up to 16 hours.
Transfer proof and water resistant for full and long lasting coverage.
Provides beautiful, shine-free, blemish-free skin for every waking hour.

Available in 4 shades.

Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer in Medium
Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer in Medium
My thoughts
On lazy days, I just conceal, put on my mascara and finish the look with some color on my lips. I’ve been very loyal to Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer for about a year. Along with that, I have also experimented with few others that failed to impress me much. I thought, I’d never find anything better than Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer but after trying this one, I can say it’s certainly up to par.

Lasting Perfection Concealer in Medium is a good match for my NC30 skin tone. It comes in just four shades; I don’t think there is anything suitable for tawny to deep brown skin tone in this range. In my opinion, it’s a medium to full coverage concealer that hides spots/blemishes and dark circles impeccably.

The consistency of the product is non-runny, creamy and sets to a powdery finish that looks absolutely natural. But if you layer too much, it will cake up and ruin the look. The coverage is SO good that it doesn’t require any building. I don’t have acne issues but because it’s very opaque, I assume it would cover them pretty well.  In my case, I find it quite pigmented and it covers any spot on my face in just one swipe. I put tiny amount of it with its applicator and blend it with my finger using light dabbing motion. For my dark circles, I rely on my Sigma Precision Round P86 brush. Since it dries immediately, you should blend it quickly and use it on one area at a time (if you're hiding your blemishes).

This concealer manages to stay put for good seven to eight hours on me which is indeed impressive. It doesn’t crease, transfer or settle into the fine lines however, I would advise moisturizing the under eye area if it’s dry. The packaging is plain, there’s nothing attractive about it but for me it’s a winner. If you ask me, I'd say I like it better than Match Perfection Concealer because of its ease of use. Match Perfection comes in tube form which is a bit hard to handle.

Overall, this product works for me. I’ve stocked an extra (revealing soon in my upcoming haul post) because I’ve already finished half of it – I simply love it! I would’ve rated it five on five if the shade range wasn’t too narrow.

You might like it if…
  • You expect medium to full coverage.
  • You have combination to oily skin.
  • You want a concealer that doesn’t budge.
  • You expect it to hide dark circles/spots effectively.
You might not like it if…
  • You have dry skin and you don’t moisturize.
  • You can’t find your match.
My rating
4.5/5

Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer costs PKR 750 and can be purchased from Wishlist. Folks in the UK can purchase it from Superdrug and Boots.com.

What do you think about this concealer? Have you tried it?


PR sample(s) sent for review. This however has not affected my opinion at all. My loyalty is to my readers and being honest is my utmost responsibility. I have given my sincere opinion about the product(s) mentioned in the post. For more details, please go through my Disclosure Policy.

If you have any questions, you can have a look at FAQ or email me on info@sarahassansblog.com.

35 comments :

  1. nice coverage and affordable too, definitely something to consider!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is covering dark circles and puffy bags the same thing or do they need different techniques? I've never seen this brand before but will definitely check it out :) By the way you have super neat eyebrows! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Christine, as far as I know, puffy bags refer to swelling under the eyes caused by lack of sleep. You can treat them with soothing cucumbers or anti-puff eye gels. Dark circles mean pigmented under-eye area which is either hereditary, due to dehydration or thin layer of dermal fat.

      Thanks for liking my brows ^_^

      Delete
  3. I'm definitely going to try this, maybe it ends my quest for that perfect concealer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks really nice on you,though you don't have that bad circles anyway. still it does a very good job of covering up

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh so glad we can get it here now! I've always wanted to try out one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it is looking an effecting product as I do not use much concealer.... but I think it is very good product thanks sweetie for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like that shade. too bad collection 2000 isn't available here in the Phils. I'll have to scour online shops again for that..hehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sara. First of all I love your blog, you are definitely my favourite blogger.
    I am NC35 in the winter and NC40 in the summer, which shade would suit my skin tone? Medium or deep? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww.. Thank you so much sweetie. Well, this one would be too light for you in summer. I think you should try it in 'Deep'. :)

      Delete
  9. I'm always looking for new concealers to try out and I haven't found any favorites yet. I definitely want to try this, but I'm not sure where I can find it online :) Xoxo, Christine♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks great! One thing I can't live without either. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey nice product is this used over or under foundation...sorry for being ignorant but I never used a concealer although I have dark circles very dark...lolz on my fair complexion which shade will suite..<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's your choice. You can use it both ways. I personally use it afterwards. You can try the lightest shade if you're fair. :)

      Delete
  12. this sounds great! Nice review sara :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. great review, the results are obvious! I think I saw this on sale, and I have the Rimmel one but havent even tried it yet :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You better try it. I am sure you will love it! :D

      Delete
  14. the best ever concealer shoulb be a BOBBI BROWN one ,they come in a set ,prepprime prepare.you must try n review the product..if i want illuminating under eye effect like KIM KARDASHAn ,should i use a lighter shade then my foundation?(NC35) ..if i do so ,it turns grey ,pla advise!! )))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you want that effect, you should use a highlighting concealer. Apply your concealer after you're done with foundation. The luminosity can't be achieved unless the concealer has highlighting properties. :)

      Delete
  15. hey sara..nice review..this product seems worth trying..tell me how to know about skin tone number? like u always say u r NC30, how did u find out that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please visit EBCO to get yourself matched in MAC foundation series. NC30 is a shade number.

      Delete
  16. Yeah I have the same quesh too, how does one find out their skin tone number?

    ReplyDelete
  17. aoa, sara dear should we use a concealer that's darker than the dark circles or lighter or the same color? i get a grey shade under my eyes whenever i'm wearing a concealer which gives me a cartoon look so i prefer dark circles to using a concealer :D (i used to apply concealer stick of christine)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Smilie, you should preferably use a concealer that's one tone lighter than your foundation shade however, you can go with the same shade too. I think the concealer you've mentioned is a mismatch for you in terms of undertones. Try something with peach/yellow tones. Apply it over your foundation and don't go overboard. Hope this helps! :)

      Delete
  18. My skin tone is oind of similar to urs but ny eyes and chin turn grey when I apply foundation. Any advice? Plus where can we find this concealer in stores ?? I need to try it before I buy which tone should I get ?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Where can I buy this in islamabad ? I really need to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The brand has no official presence in the country. You can only buy it online from various Facebook stores. :) x

      Delete
  20. Hey, i was always a rimmel renew and lift concealer fan.. however the shade i used (sand 300) is not in production anymore (since two years). I've tried the new rimmel concealer (natural beige) but its with highlighter which makes the under eye area more visible. I've been looking for a good concealer for ages now. Used borjoius and tried many more but it doesn't go well with my skin. Can you tell me where this lasting perfection concealer is available and would it go with a fair/bit yellowish skin? Would really appreciate your feedback.

    Many thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Nidz, you can get this concealer from any Facebook online store. Unfortunately, it's not available in the stores as yet. You can checkout Rouge. The shade above is perfect for fair medium skin with yellow undertones. :) x

      Delete
  21. cant find the wishlist website plz repost it again

    ReplyDelete
  22. hey there, i was about to order this product but it says warm medium or cool medium, which one should i buy i have yellow undertone , which one is yrz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Hana, I have one in warm medium. :) x

      Delete

Feel free to comment. Your lovely comments make my day. <3

Please avoid rude or inappropriate comments. Also, this is the comments section. No queries will be entertained unrelated to the post.

For queries, please write to info@sarahassansblog.com.

NOTE: Comments with LINKS will NOT be entertained. Thank you. :)