L’Oreal Elnett Satin Extra Strength Hair Spray – Review

L’Oreal Elnett Satin Extra Strength Hair Spray – Review

Wednesday, July 04, 2012 Sara Hassan , 13 Comments
best hairspray

It’s my second can and I have to say, this one does pretty much what it says.

L’Oreal Elnett Satin Extra Strength Hair Spray
Elnett Satin Extra Strength hairspray offers your hairstyle lasting hold with a brilliant shine and a soft touch. Its unique micro-diffused spray is ultra-fine and disappears at the stroke of a brush, leaving hair feeling clean, soft and shiny.

best hairspray
L’Oreal Elnett Satin Extra Strength Hair Spray
L’Oreal Elnett Satin Extra Strength Hair Spray
My thoughts
Previously, I was using John Frieda Frizz-Ease Shape and Shine flexi-hold hairspray; it was good. This one, comparatively, is much better. First, It’s cheaper – you get 200ml for just Rs. 695. Secondly, it doesn’t make my hair stiff or crunchy. As a matter of fact, I can run my fingers through my hair without disturbing my hairstyle. The former however did make my hair a bit stiff.

It says it adds a brilliant shine to hair. In all frankness, it doesn’t! I don’t see any noticeable shine except the natural shine of the hair that I already have. Who knows it might make a difference for you if you have dull hair. For me, it didn’t work. Some hairsprays leave white flakes in your hair but this one does not. As for the extra strength part, I must say, it holds my hair in place for a long time. Even on a windy day, my hair doesn’t look like a mess.

I absolutely hate the smell – it’s unbearably repellent. Don't worry, the smell doesn't linger in your hair and fades after a while. I hear there’s an unfragranced version too. If you’re sensitive to smell, get that one instead.

All in all, it's an amazing product and I absolutely love it.

You might like it if…
  • You’re looking for a hairspray that gives a flexible hold.
  • You’re expecting it to hold hair in place without making it stiff.
  • You hate hairsprays that leave behind flakes.
You might not like it if…
  • You find the smell repulsive.
  • You expect it to make your hair dramatically shiny.
My rating
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-k9pvc7-MFlg/Ti7Ey2nCQdI/AAAAAAAAB5A/vAOA9RcLgyE/s1600/4.jpg 
4/5

L’Oreal Elnett Satin Extra Strength Hair Spray can be found easily at superstores across Pakistan. I got mine from Agha’s superstore for PKR 695.

Have you tried Elnett Satin hairspray by L'Oreal? Which is your favorite at the moment?

13 comments :

  1. Hi Sara!

    I've been wanting to try this hairspray eversince I saw this from Judy and Michelle Phan but I think it's not available here in Philippines. Anyhow, I now have short hair and I really don't care about my hair as long as its tied then I'm good to go. :D

    Do you have hair tutorials? It would be an amazing idea if you will have YT channel! Yey but I guess ur a busy lady.

    PS: I will be flying to Saudi because I will be working in Sakaka. Ever heard of that place in Saudi? :)

    Much love,
    Nadj <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I don't do videos at the moment.

      I haven't heard of the place? must be great :) All the best :) xx

      Delete
  2. Ive completely stopping using hairspray because of the crunchy texture! but this looks promising.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Sara... we are waiting for hair style tutorials:-))... loose curls from dead straight hair....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Farah, thank you for your encouraging words but I don't plan on doing that any time soon due to my busy schedule. :) xx

      Delete
  4. I've tried a loreal hair spray before and I found the scent quite sickening to be honest, maybe I was a little too allergic but I've heard good things about this one. It sure is cheap, I'll give it a go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the review Sara...was thinking of buying this

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks pretty good! Thanks for the review sara!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really nice product. I used it and the hold factor is good enough to keep the hair in place without giving that flaky or oily texture...Nice review :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. One day I found a mini size of it. It was so cute and I bought it. But I didn't try it...
    I came back home and I found my granma, since she uses a lot of hairspray, I decided to give it to her. She was soooo happy!
    small things, big surprises!
    Well, I hope the smell didn't annoy her...
    Have a great day ^-^
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is the hairspray the Luxy Sisters use for their YouTube tutorials! Wasn't sure before, but it must be good if you're also using it, Sara! Gonna go get myself some now :)
    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey sarah good review. My hair are dead straight and silky so I guess ill need a strong hold hair spray. Will this work for me? Never bought a hair spray before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Swaleha, it would definitely help hold your hair without giving that crunchy artificial look. Of course, you should opt for strong hold. :) x

      Delete

Feel free to comment. Your lovely comments make my day. <3

Please avoid rude or inappropriate comments. Also, this is the comments section. No queries will be entertained unrelated to the post.

For queries, please write to info@sarahassansblog.com.

NOTE: Comments with LINKS will NOT be entertained. Thank you. :)