Luscious Cosmetics Sparkling Face Shimmer – Review & swatches

Luscious Cosmetics Sparkling Face Shimmer – Review & swatches

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 Sara Hassan , 27 Comments

Would you look at the packaging? It’s adorable! The Sparkling Face Shimmer is the newest addition by Luscious Cosmetics.

Luscious Sparkling Face Shimmer
A luxurious loose powder in 5 softly tinted shades that gives your skin a luminous sheen. Completes your look by highlighting all the right places for a glamorous glow. Works perfectly with your makeup as a finishing touch. Fomulated for a natural and long-lasting finish. Blends easily without streaking or caking. Non Comedogenic and Dermatologist Tested.

Luscious Cosmetics Sparkling Face Shimmer
Luscious Cosmetics Sparkling Face Shimmer -- Star Light
Luscious Cosmetics Sparkling Face Shimmer -- Star Light
Luscious Cosmetics Sparkling Face Shimmer -- Fairy Dust
Luscious Cosmetics Sparkling Face Shimmer -- Fairy Dust
Luscious Cosmetics Sparkling Face Shimmer Swatches (left-right): Star Light & Fairy Dust

Wanna see how it appears on my face? For Star Light, click here; for Fairy Dust, click here.

My thoughts
According to summer makeup trends this year, it’s all about looking healthy and glowy.  Yes!  Matte face is out and dewy face is in. Luscious Cosmetic has made it in time by bringing out its own set of highlighters. 

Star Light is an off white with golden sheen while Fairy Dust is a pearlescent pink peach. We are amidst wedding season and these highlighters will definitely glam you up under the night lights.

The formula blends seamlessly and has tiny shimmer. It has sort of a chemical smell but don't worry, it fades after you have applied. The powder is soft and gets picked up by the brush easily however there are fallouts of sparkles everywhere on the face so be careful when targeting a particular area on your face. I have to say, it gives a very natural glow that lasts a decent amount of time. On a combination/oily skin, it only lasts for about four to five hours and fades thereafter.

I won’t really suggest using this product during the day since it highlights pores and imperfections.  In my case, it emphasizes the pores awfully and so I shall avoid its use during daytime. However, this is not the case with my photos -- the product appears just fine in photographs.
Tip: Start my highlighting on top of your cheekbones, forehead, bridge of the nose down to your cupid's bow and chin. If you have large pores, before highlighting, dab some powder foundation with a sponge – press and push powder into your skin to minimize pores. 

You might like it if…
  • You want to create a glowy look for night.
  • You expect it to blend seamlessly into your skin.
  • You expect it to give you a soft, natural glow.
  • You are looking for a budget-friendly highlighter.
You might not like it if…
  • You think it emphasizes your pores/imperfections.
  • You do not like the shimmer fallouts all over your face.
  • The smell puts you off.
  • You have a combination/oily skin and it tends to fade on you after 4-5 hours. 
My rating
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-O9jbySQmysE/TjGZpMw2fNI/AAAAAAAAB7I/Ko-Vs6_zLew/s1600/3.jpg
3/5

The Sparkling Face Shimmer comes in a big jar and is priced PKR 595. It is available at all leading super stores across Pakistan. You can also order online from their website.

What do you think about it? Have you tried it?


PR sample(s) sent for review. This however has not affected my opinion at all. My loyalty is to my readers and being honest is my utmost responsibility. I have given my sincere opinion about the product(s) mentioned in the post. For more details, please go through my Disclosure Policy.

If you have any questions, you can have a look at FAQ or email me on info@sarahassansblog.com.

27 comments :

  1. thanks for sharing sara :) highlighter are usually not for long stay so it is too, and specially in summer ;) my skin is very oily so i think it is not me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, this is not so true, some cream based or liquid highlighters do stay long.

      Delete
    2. Every highlighter can stay throughout the day if the base is proper. :)

      Delete
    3. Rito.. I am talking about powder highlighters... :)

      Delete
    4. Yeah, powder highlighters do tend to fade quicker. :)

      Delete
  2. what is the way of applying shimmer? is that apply on a face like a face powder?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not on the entire face. Please read the tip I have mentioned in the post.

      Delete
  3. Great review! I personally like baked highlighters, they stay more then the loose ones. Thanks for sharing!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think fairy dust is way more wearable than star light.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like press powders for highlighters, i think loose powder would fly all over the place. But these look sooo tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the swatches look nice but the fallouts definitely put me off:/ and your look with fairy dust is very fresh and pretty:) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. wao..its so good :) thanks for sharing Sara..very nice !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The effect looks beautiful! ♥ Really sad, that highlighters often emphasizes pores... -.-

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have already linked that above Sahrish. You can see how it looks on my face.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  10. Really nice review. sure i will buy them.:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Last time I used shimmery loose powder, I had major fallouts,have never used it since then. Maybe I can't apply it properly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i tried them too but i was disappointed because they are not really smooth and dont stay on the skin:((( i wish they were pressed:((

    ReplyDelete
  13. the packaging is soooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The texture looks quite nice...and I loved the packaging!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. tempted..is all i can say...tell me how to apply it on cupid's bow? looks perfect on u esp fairy dust:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice insight and review.. Planned to buy this but I guess it's not my thing with my combination skin where oily parts are oil drills!

    Bravo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fairy dust is definitely the type of shimmer/highlighter that works best for me. But it's colors like Star Light that tend to catch my eye! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  18. which highlighting color is best for a complexion like yours? peach or white?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that depends on the type of highlighting you want. If you want dramatic then go for white. If you want something natural and subdued, peach would be it. :)

      Delete

Feel free to comment. Your lovely comments make my day. <3

Please avoid rude or inappropriate comments. Also, this is the comments section. No queries will be entertained unrelated to the post.

For queries, please write to info@sarahassansblog.com.

NOTE: Comments with LINKS will NOT be entertained. Thank you. :)