Milani Baked Blush in Rose D’Oro – Review & swatches

Milani Baked Blush in Rose D’Oro – Review & swatches

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 Sara Hassan , 21 Comments

Ah! I finally got my mitts on the oh-so-magnificent Milani Baked Blush in Rose D’Oro. Keep reading for comparison and swatches.

Milani Baked Blush
A luxurious powder blush that features a mélange infusion of colors baked on Italian terracotta tiles. Easy to use, sensorial in texture, the nuances of color become extraordinarily luminous. Silky smooth application leaves your face looking healthy and radiant all day.

Available in 9 shades

Milani Baked Blush in Rose D’Oro
Milani Baked Blush in Rose D’Oro

Milani Baked Blush in Rose D’Oro
Milani Baked Blush in Rose D’Oro
Milani Baked Blush in Rose D’Oro swatch comparison
Milani Baked Blush in Rose D’Oro swatch comparison
Milani Baked Blush in Rose D’Oro (applied lightly)
My thoughts
The reason why I bought this blush in the first place was that I love how it looks. I have this weak corner -- which I am not ashamed of -- for beautiful blushers, yes beautiful. This may sound funny but I got enticed by the golden veins and the look of it reminds me of MAC MSF’s.  I can’t splurge on MAC blushers but to ease my urge, I shelled out for this one because it’s SO cheap.

Milani describes Rose D’Oro as a pink and gold blush with shimmer finish. I already own Sleek MakeUP blush in Rose Gold so I was wondering what if Rose D’Oro comes out to be a dupe for it because both these shades are described as pink with gold. But in reality, when you swatch them alongside each other, they are visibly different.

For starters, Rose D’Oro is not a pink blush; it’s peach. I also compared it to NYX Terracotta which also leans towards peach but has a copper-ish tinge to it. I’d describe Rose D’Oro as a warm coral peach with golden shimmer veins. It packs a lot of pigment and has a silky soft texture that doesn’t go patchy. Swipe your finger across it once and you get a great color pay-off which definitely speaks for its great pigmentation.

When I first swirled my brush across it, I noticed some fallouts in the pan. I suppose I swirled it too hard but the next time I kept a light hand and didn’t face this issue. It translates as a beautiful lively peach on my cheeks that instantly lifts up my cheeks. I love the healthy glow it imparts however I rather like the shimmer a little more subdued. I am not saying it's chunky or overwhelming but a little less shimmer would’ve made it more comfortable to wear it in the day time. The shimmer does tend to spread around my face more than I would like so I don’t layer it on much. It wears up to good five on me which isn’t bad. It also depends on how intense you apply it.

The packaging isn’t very attractive and might a little bulky for travel but because I don’t travel much, I don’t consider this a problem. It comes with a mirror which can come handy on the go. It also comes with a brush applicator that I don't use however it isn't that bad.

Overall, for me this blush is a happy purchase but I won’t be trying out other shades. I don’t use it much because I am more into matte blushers these days but I do reach out for this blush for night out.

You might like it if…
  • You want a highlighting blush.
  • You expect good pigmentation.
  • You expect a soft texture.
  • You expect an easy blending.
  • You expect a good wear.
You might not like it if…
  • You don’t prefer shimmer blushers.
  • You have very large pores.
My rating
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-k9pvc7-MFlg/Ti7Ey2nCQdI/AAAAAAAAB5A/vAOA9RcLgyE/s1600/4.jpg 
4/5

I purchased mine from BeautyJoint.com for $7.25. If you live in Pakistan, you can purchase it from International Makeup in Pakistan and Lush Grooming Bargains.

Have you tried anything from Milani? What do you think about the baked blush?

21 comments :

  1. it does indeed look like the MAC MSFs! i really like the comparison you've made with the other two shades, it gives a good idea of the color tone! nice job:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely sara :) it is really an amazing blush and it is looking very fine on you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had the Milani Baked Blushes in my wishlist for a long time. They do look beautiful and I think I fancy them is more because of how they look rather than what they are and can do hehe Thanks a lot for the review Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a nice review.. and I like the comparisons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its a beauty!
    I also have milani baked blushes on my wish list <3
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I soo understand what you mean by beautiful blushes haha! I'm not the biggest fan of shimmery blushes but this looks soo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This will definitely be on my make-up list for purchasing on my next shopping trip, ive been looking for a good and inexpensive night time blusher, thanks Sarah ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooo i soo wanna get a milani baked blush now xD nice review Sara =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not a fan of shimmery blushes, but I still like how this looks! :)

    ♥xx♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooo that looks very beautiful, but to sparkly for a blush!:) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is soo pretty! Thou im not a fan of baked blushes bc they are so shimmery

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm also more into matte blushes, and this is quite shimmery. But I'm glad you tried it out. It looks especially lovely on you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can you tell me from have you bought this blush? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the details are mentioned in the post. Thank you :) xx

      Delete
    2. oops sorry i ddnt see it..... thanks :)

      Delete
  14. Sara dear, your skin is looking so smooth and fair can u please mention the foundation/base/powder you have used in the pic

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment. Your lovely comments make my day. <3

Please avoid rude or inappropriate comments. Also, this is the comments section. No queries will be entertained unrelated to the post.

For queries, please write to info@sarahassansblog.com.

NOTE: Comments with LINKS will NOT be entertained. Thank you. :)