Pond’s Smooth Pores Pore Tightening Facial Foam – Review

Pond’s Smooth Pores Pore Tightening Facial Foam – Review

Friday, July 27, 2012 Sara Hassan , 14 Comments

It’s impossible to shrink pores forever but there are many ways to minimize their appearance temporarily. We all know that open pores mostly affect people with combination to oily skin types. The only way to prevent a strawberry face is a good facial hygiene and skincare. Does this product help get it any better? Read more to find out!

Pond’s Smooth Pores Pore Tightening Facial Foam
Instantly feel tighter pores! Advanced Pore Tightening Facial Foam with unique Glacial Clay. With a blend of alpine glacial water and highly absorbing clay, it deeply cleans pores to remove oil, dirt, make-up. It provides skin with an icy cool feeling for a tightening effect, giving you clean, visibly minimized pores. Skin feels refreshingly clean and silky smooth.

My thoughts
Like I said, you can’t get rid of open pores permanently. Pores enlarge and get visible when they get clogged. If you don’t cleanse your face properly, the oil and dirt traps deep inside the pore thereby increasing its unsightly appearance. That’s why it’s very important to follow a strict skin care regime if you wish to maintain a healthy even complexion.

My sister and I have used this product for almost a month and we both seem to like it. No, it doesn’t make the pores disappear miraculously or shrink them to nothing BUT it definitely cleanses the face effectively and gets rid of the root cause of open pores i.e. oil secretion. It’s obvious this facial foam caters to oily skin type but I have a combination skin and it doesn't dry out my skin – I use it two times a day. That said, I do believe it will be drying to use in winter.

This face wash has a cooling sensation which feels so much refreshing in the morning. I also like the creamy thick consistency of Pond’s face washes which makes them spill proof. Even the teeniest amount of it spreads and lathers up well. It’s rinses off easily and leaves my skin squeaky clean. I agree, there is some tightening effect but it’s not as much as you experience with egg white. I sometimes use egg white mask with some lemon drops (to make the smell go away); it really tightens and reduces the pores visibly. So in comparison to egg white, this face wash doesn't give an instant pore tightening effect as it claims.

Overall, I like this face wash but in my opinion, the results aren't any different from Pond's Pure White Deep Cleansing Facial Foam so there's nothing special about it. If you have open pores and solely depend on this product to do some miracle for you, you will be disappointed. You need to exfoliate, cleanse and use toner regularly if you want to make your pores less visible.

You might like it if…
  • You have combination to oily skin type.
  • You enjoy the cooling sensation it gives you.
  • You want a face wash that cleanses effectively.
  • You want a good budget-friendly face wash.
  • You can see your pores becoming clear & small with continuous usage.
You might not like it if…
  • You have dry to normal skin type.
  • You expect instant pore tightening effect.
  • You expect it to vanish your skin pores permanently.
  • You think the results are same as other Pond's face washes.
My rating
3.5/5

Pond’s Smooth Pores Pore Tightening Facial Foam is available at all leading superstores in Pakistan for PKR 230.

What do you think about it? Have you tried it?


PR sample(s) sent for review. This however has not affected my opinion at all. My loyalty is to my readers and being honest is my utmost responsibility. I have given my sincere opinion about the product(s) mentioned in the post. For more details, please go through my Disclosure Policy.

If you have any questions, you can have a look at FAQ or email me on info@sarahassansblog.com.

14 comments :

  1. I was thinking to get this one, Thanks for the review Sara! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to look for it where I live, I might give it a try. My regular face wash doesn't tighten pores so this might be more helpful for me. I do agree, there are no miraculous products and we all seem to turn to natural ingredients when we want real and visible results. I will deffinitely try the egg white with lemon mask to see how it goes.
    Thanks a lot for this review Sara, it's always nice finding out what else is out there to take care of our skin xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one doesn't tighten pores either but it has some skin tightening effect to it. :)

      Delete
  3. not a great fan of ponds :)

    looking for good face washes without too many chemicals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I havent used any other face wash from Ponds besides the oil control one which kinda did the same thing, it tightened my skin and was a bit drying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review sara! Sounds pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice Review, im tempted to try these now :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank sara :) i am loving its deep cleansing facewash too. :) hope it will work well

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been using it for a month now and it dried out my skin real bad, but I still like it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i dont know this is wot am experience abt this solely or rest of people also feels that ... i have small pores on my nose and due to summer got clog with dirt this product is helpless to perfectly clean them am using it since a week twice the day am not highly satisfy with this although it didnt make my skin dry... but cudnt clean the pores as well

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel very good result but now it is unavailable in shops. Then wr i got? Pls pls tell wr it is available.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment. Your lovely comments make my day. <3

Please avoid rude or inappropriate comments. Also, this is the comments section. No queries will be entertained unrelated to the post.

For queries, please write to info@sarahassansblog.com.

NOTE: Comments with LINKS will NOT be entertained. Thank you. :)