Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie – Review & swatches

Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie – Review & swatches

Thursday, July 05, 2012 Sara Hassan , 21 Comments

I am a hardcore lipstick person. I hardly wear lip glosses or lip balms alone.  I have heard so many people raving about the lip butters and now, I actually get the hype. 

Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter
- Buttery Balm + Shiny Color
- Buttery balm with beautiful shiny color to give you baby soft, healthy glowing lips
- Hydrating mango, shea and coconut butter formula boosts lip moisture by 156%
- Pampering gel formula provides super charged hydration and glides on lips buttery smooth
- Sheer to medium colour with buttery shine
- Available in 20 luscious shades

Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie
Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie
Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie
Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie (swatch)
Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie (applied)
My thoughts
For a lip balm, I love how pigmented it is. Berry Smoothie is a gorgeous muted pink berry shade and has a yummy vanilla scent. It’s a close match to my natural lip color and looks very natural when applied. It is indeed very moisturizing, glides buttery smooth and adds a healthy shine to my lips. Don't be fooled by the looks, the color doesn't translate to the lip as dark as it appears – don't forget, it's just a lip balm.

The formula feels somewhat thick. Moreover, it has tiny shimmer though it is not so detectable.  I do believe the shimmer gets in the way of making it the perfect product for it gives a bit gritty feel when applied which might turn you off.  Good thing that it doesn’t settle in the lip lines or dry out lips.

The lasting power of the product is undeniably commendable.  It keeps my lips hydrated for more than two hours. You may or may not agree to this but, I do not enjoy that slight tacky feeling it leaves behind. 

Despite being a little hard on it, I enjoy wearing Berry Smoothie to the hilt and might consider trying out other shades in future.

You might like it if…
  • You are looking for a good tinted lip balm.
  • You find the color flattering on your skin tone.
  • You expect good color pay off.
  • It keeps your lips hydrated for a long time.
 You might not like it if…
  • You think the consistency is a bit thick for a lip balm.
  • The shimmer gives a gritty feel.
  • It leaves behind slight tacky feeling.
 My rating
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-k9pvc7-MFlg/Ti7Ey2nCQdI/AAAAAAAAB5A/vAOA9RcLgyE/s1600/4.jpg 
4/5

Good news ladies! With this post, I am going to announce a new Pakistani online store “Wishlist” that is selling all your favorite brands in cheap prices.

About the store

Wishlist is your one-stop shop where you will find UK & US fashion brands including clothing, accessories, and other exciting products. From trendy & affordable Primark, Forever 21 to Nordstrom, you name it and we have it!

Payment Methods:
 1) Cash on Delivery
 2) Easy Paisa
 3) Bank Transfer

Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie costs PKR 875 and can be purchased from Wishlist.

What do you think about it? Have you tried it?


PR sample(s) sent for review. This however has not affected my opinion at all. My loyalty is to my readers and being honest is my utmost responsibility. I have given my sincere opinion about the product(s) mentioned in the post. For more details, please go through my Disclosure Policy.

If you have any questions, you can have a look at FAQ or email me on info@sarahassansblog.com.

21 comments :

  1. Yaay I am so gonna get this lip balm. I AM ALREADY IN LOVE! Great review! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see Revlon colorburst lip butter everywhere... gotta buy it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review. I was waiting for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the Revlon Lip Butters are soooo raved out. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these. I have atleast 8 shades with me,Great swatch!they are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! Great to hear you like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these! Great review sara.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these! I need this one now :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is my favorite lip butter, it is so gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Im still waiting for these to launch in India!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this lip balm, I don't have it in this color but I have a few pale pinks. Though I didn't find it had the tacky feel you were talking about. Maybe it's because yours had the shimmer in it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love these, gonna get this one too, the lip swatch looks great! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks sara and these are really inexpensive on the mentioned other wise i bought costly

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Revlon Lip Butters ... Thanks for the review <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Heard so much about them never tried though, by the way it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi i want to buy it can u tell me da price n da way how to buy it online?

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment. Your lovely comments make my day. <3

Please avoid rude or inappropriate comments. Also, this is the comments section. No queries will be entertained unrelated to the post.

For queries, please write to info@sarahassansblog.com.

NOTE: Comments with LINKS will NOT be entertained. Thank you. :)