Sleek MakeUP Glory Palette – Review & swatches

Sleek MakeUP Glory Palette – Review & swatches

Monday, July 23, 2012 Sara Hassan , 28 Comments

Get ready for the biggest event of the year. Inspired by the London Olympics 2012, Sleek MakeUP has launched its own 2012 Collection to get you into the Olympic spirit.

Sleek MakeUP i-Divine Glory Palette
Shades aptly taken from London’s famous underground stations such as: Circle, Central and Victoria echo vibrant shades taken from the Olympic rings that have been created into wearable colours. Like all i-Divines, Glory is jam packed with pigment – allowing all shades to pop on all skin tones all day (and night!).

Sleek MakeUP Glory Palette
Sleek MakeUP Glory Palette
Sleek MakeUP Glory Palette
Sleek MakeUP Glory Palette Swatch (without primer)
Sleek MakeUP Glory Palette (look)
My thoughts
Glory palette is a gorgeous blend of both loud and wearable shades. The top row contains all neutrals while the bottom row has all the bright shades. There’s some repetition of shades from Sleek MakeUP’s Curacao so in case you missed that, you better get Glory before it’s gone.

Like all Sleek MakeUP palettes, the eyeshadows blend nicely with minimal fall outs. Each shade is pigmented and incredible texture wise. This palette contains ten shimmer shades with a velvet smooth texture that picks up on the brush easily. There are just two mattes in there. I was afraid the matte ones wouldn’t be as pigmented as the shimmer ones but to my surprise, I was proven wrong. Despite the matte texture, they’re very soft and easy to work with. I have seen some people complaining about the matte grey shade but mine didn’t disappoint. I guess it might be a manufacturing defect. The swatches you see above have no primer underneath. With primer, they look more vivid.

In my opinion, this palette has a great potential. Even if you’re not comfortable wearing bright colors as eye shadows, you can always use them as eyeliner – I tried that and they make beautiful eyeliners. Overall, this palette is for someone who likes having fun with bright colors. If you are someone who wants to play safe, this may not appeal you.

You might like it if…
  • You want a palette with both bold and neutral eyeshadows.
  • You expect good pigmentation.
  • You’re looking for eyeshadows with satin texture.
  • You expect an easy blending.
  • You expect minimal fall outs.
You might not like it if…
  • You don’t fancy loud colors.
  • You are into matte eyeshadows.
  • You want a palette for everyday wear.
My rating
4.5/5

Sleek MakeUP Glory Palette, in all its glory, is now available for grab for £7.99 and can be purchased from Superdrug. This palette is also available online at Sleek MakeUP's website.

What do you think about this palette? Have you tried it?


PR sample(s) sent for review. This however has not affected my opinion at all. My loyalty is to my readers and being honest is my utmost responsibility. I have given my sincere opinion about the product(s) mentioned in the post. For more details, please go through my Disclosure Policy.

If you have any questions, you can have a look at FAQ or email me on info@sarahassansblog.com.

28 comments :

  1. I have eleven palettes with Sleek and I'm pretty immune to all this noise about their "limited edition". Also the colors are not especially attractive to me, most of them can be found in the previous palettes. So this time I will pause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great for creating bold and creative looks! Great review Sarah! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This palette is lovely. I have these shades in matte and would love to have them in shimmer as well. They look really pigmented as well. Can you tell me how many swipes of each eye shadow do you have in swatches?
    Really nice review. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the swatch, I did 2-3 swipes. :) xx

      Delete
    2. This is great. I am so going to get it soon. =)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful colours. I haven't been able to try Sleek products yet, but I'll deffinitely be adding this one to my wishlist. Thanks Sarah! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. the colors are lovely, district, victoria and central are so beautiful wow! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These colors are pretty! A good combo of neutral and vibrant shades :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohh it is lovely sara :) All colors are so pigmented and so rich.. Love you for this :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. how do u use eye shades as an eye liner?wet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, just wet the brush a bit, dip it into your eye shadow and line your eyes with it.

      Delete
  9. lovely colors and nice review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh just look at that yellow it is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very beautiful!
    I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The colors are so bright and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. nice palette, obviously not my type but dear ur reviews are always great to read and ur EOTD is very different...loving it<3

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the mix of colors in this palette..They look really nice to me :) Thankfully Sleek did not put the olympics logo in there or we would have never been able to use it ;P

    ReplyDelete
  15. I ordered this today after reading your review :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. whoaaaaa this has got to be my new favorite must have sleek palette!!! look at that yellow, look at that red!!! OMG!!! Your eye look is ferocious, tutorial please!!! oxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  17. This palette looks gorgeous. I'm more into neutral eyeshadows, but I would love to try this out. Loving the makeup look you created, your so talented Sara :) Xoxo, Christine♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really wish I could find Sleek palettes here! All of them are oh so gorgeous. Love that eye look you created too:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. im loving the colours of this palette!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Colors are so vibrant and gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. iz this pAlette available at just4girls.pk??? i want to order this palette , how much does it cost?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far as I know, it's not available as yet but you can ask them on their Facebook page :)

      Delete

Feel free to comment. Your lovely comments make my day. <3

Please avoid rude or inappropriate comments. Also, this is the comments section. No queries will be entertained unrelated to the post.

For queries, please write to info@sarahassansblog.com.

NOTE: Comments with LINKS will NOT be entertained. Thank you. :)