AVON MagiX Face Perfector SPF 20 – Review

AVON MagiX Face Perfector SPF 20 – Review

Thursday, August 23, 2012 Sara Hassan , 31 Comments

This is my first Avon purchase along with the famous SuperSHOCK mascara. I have been using this product for quite some time now. So is it a magical product? Read more to find out!

MagiX Face Perfector SPF 20
A magical air-light gel-powder colorless formula that makes all skin tones look flawless ... invisible coverage; instant perfection. Banish shine up to 10 hours. Apply evenly before sun exposure or as needed.

Targets pores: visibly minimizes pores with patent-pending Optix Light-Diffusing Technology.
Banishes Shine: holds back shine for up to 10 hours
Smoothes Skin: reduces the look of fine lines... skin feels softer than ever.

Avon MagiX Face Perfector SPF 20
My thoughts
This product is LOVE at first try for me. I haven’t tried a lot of primers but the ones I’ve tried don’t control shine on my T-zone as good as this one. Other primers that I have work great at providing a smooth surface plus extending the foundation wear but they don’t keep oil at bay throughout the day. Now I’m not saying I get 10 hours shine-free face from it but I've noticed a remarkable difference from the days I use it and days I don’t. I’d say my skin stays shine-free and fresh looking for up to five hours which is pretty impressive. But if your skin is extremely oily, I am certain this alone would not help.

This product has a unique formula; I haven’t tried a powder gel formula before. Apparently, it’s a white cream but it leaves no base color on my face. The consistency is slippery and may get a bit runny so shake well before use. It has a mild scent that I can’t really describe but it subsides after a while. Even though I don’t find the smell offensive, you might not like it if you fancy products to be scent-free. It’s super light weight and leaves my skin silky smooth to the touch. If you've got a dry skin, I wouldn't suggest this to you because of the matte finish but if you still want to try it, don't forget to moisturize first. I am not really sure, maybe it’s just me but I noticed that it has a slight tingling sensation which might irritate a sensitive skin so watch out!

Now to the application. You just need a pea sized amount to cover each section of your face. It glides on the skin effortlessly and sets to a silky matte finish. As I mentioned before, it doesn’t feel like you have a heavy film on your face (the feeling I've experienced with other silicone primers) so it’s quite comfortable to wear on daily basis. Also, I noticed that it helps diminish the size of my pores much more than the Catrice primer. Broadly speaking, I would prefer the Avon one over Catrice; first because it comes in a handy tube. Second, because it also controls oil. And third, it has an added benefit of SPF 20!! So it’s also good for days when I decide not to wear foundation. That being said, I wouldn’t be picking up this primer in winter for obvious reasons.

I have only tried this product underneath liquid foundation and I haven’t faced any issues with that; it doesn’t pill or ball up. It makes blending easy and gives a grip to my foundation hence makes it last longer. However, I don’t expect this primer to go well with mineral makeup as it may end up getting blotchy due to the mattifying part. I read some people complaining it breaks them out which fortunately isn’t the case with me or my sis; everyone has their own experience I guess.

So is it a magical cream? No, it’s not magical but it works great for me as a primer however I do think it’s a little expensive for the amount you get. It doesn’t make your skin look perfect or flawless as they say but it definitely reduces shine and minimize pores to some extent. I would recommend this product to a friend.

You might like it if...
  • You have a combination to oily skin type.
  • You expect invisible coverage.
  • You expect a matte finish for up to four hours.
  • You want something that increases the wear of your foundation.
  • You expect it not to pill or ball up.
  • You want a product that minimizes the appearance of pores to some extent.
  • You like the added feature of SPF 20.
You might not like it if...
  • You have extremely oily skin and expect shine-free face for the whole day.
  • You have a dry skin type.
  • You are allergic to silicone primers.
  • You think it's expensive for the quantity.
My rating
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-k9pvc7-MFlg/Ti7Ey2nCQdI/AAAAAAAAB5A/vAOA9RcLgyE/s1600/4.jpg 
4/5

I purchased Avon MagiX Face Perfector SPF 20 for PKR 1640 from Dhanak. You can also get it from any Avon representative. Avon changes the price of its products in monthly campaigns so you could get it on sale as well.

What do you think about it? Have you tried it?

31 comments :

  1. Hi Sara..
    Please tell me is this good for dull normal skin?
    And Please mention is this product better or "The Pore fessional" is better.
    Thank you for your blogs .Its really informative.
    tc :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ghazal! yes, it would suit normal skin. POREfessional is not a primer; it's a pore minimizer so I cannot compare both. Thank you for liking my blog. :) <3

      Delete
  2. Avon has come a long way perfecting their products. I remember many years ago, they were awful. I've been meaning to get a true face primer (I have one that is kind of like a primer but it works meh for me) and Avon is sold through catalogs here so maybe I can get this one. Thanks a lot for the thorough review as always Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never tried primer in my life but I plan to use one soon. I am definitely going to try this primer in case I come across. I also have oily T-Zone and wish it would work for me.
    <3 Jiya from Shopping, Style and Us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try out a primer. It makes a lot of difference, trust me! :)

      Delete
  4. I have the Magix and I often use it!
    Yes, the price can be high for this product, for example in Italy it costs 15,50€. This is the full price and can be bought at lower prices by searching the right offer.
    I didn't expect so much for it, but it's good in my opinion. I use especially as a base and it makes my foundation lasting longer and looking smoother. I have some dry spots and it helps me a lot. Well, I like it!
    I'm so happy you've had a nice experience with it :D
    Have a great day
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing your experience Valens. I truly appreciate that <3

      Delete
  5. Now this sounds an amazing product for my skin. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review. I've been wanting to try this for a while but haven't got round to trying it out. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice review. Nd dear magix is of two types mattifying nd iluminating. Nd u bought it quite expensive i knw iram lilani avon seler seling it for 11 to 1200 nd i bought it for 950!
    Yes 950 frm Avon at your Doorstep. Do try there skin care range im using myself nd quite impresd by them thts just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing Sahar. I didn't know about the two types. I will sure check out the store you mentioned :) xx

      Delete
    2. hi sehar,i really like to know that from where u bought this product in 950.i am really interested in that

      Delete
    3. Avon changes prices every month in every campaign. When you got it for Rs 950, it must be on sale or on something off :-) and yes all of the Avon's skin care range is awesome, some of the products are definitely worth a try! <3 x

      Delete
    4. I would like to add one thing i mentioned tht i bought magix for 950 frm Avon at your Doorstep tht dsnt mean tht Dhanak is pricy or charge realy high...
      Avon release a brochure every mnth just like Oriflame. Where we get products at sale price otherwise nrmal price are high offcourse. So Dhanak might hav bought it at ful price as she had sold magix at lower rate aswell. So she is nt pricy atall. Its up to da customer / buyer to keep an eye on sales, offerz etc as money dnt grow on plants:-)

      Delete
  8. Looks like a good one for the oilies! I am on a look out for a good primer but since my skin is more towards the dry side so probably this does not seem the one for me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was literally on the site a couple of days ago hovering over this! Great timing for me, I think I might just go ahead and buy it x

    ReplyDelete
  10. ive been using the DMGM one after reading your blog for a while now and have been loving it!.. tried some others but not as good... would u say its a better one than DMGM?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I personally like it more than DMGM. You can try it once you're finished with that :)

      Delete
  11. Hey Sara ! I've been using the Avon Magix Face Perfecter for about 2 years and love it. I love how silky my skin feels after I've put it on ! Do you think it's a replacement for a primer though coz the tube doesn't say so. Just wondering coz I'm looking for a primer to wear under my foundation !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Serena, good to know it works for you too. :)

      Of course, it can work as a primer. Even though it's not written on the tube but it has all the properties of a primer; it smooths the skin, minimizes pores, gives your foundation a slip and helps to keep it in place. That's all what a primer does. Hope this helps! :) xx

      Delete
  12. great review I purchased MUA primer but haven't used it up till now

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Sara,
    Thanks for your reply :)
    Sara my problem is, I am not more into this makeup side so "primer" and "Prefecter" are new terms for me,so Please give little more detail of this kind of products.And also guide me can I use this before liquid base of 'Clinic'?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the same thing Ghazal and yes primer should be worn under foundation.

      Delete
  14. It seems like a good primer for average or combo skin. My skin is probably too far off on the spectrum of oily and dry to work with this, but it's nice to read about something good from Avon. I don't actually hear a lot of good things about them stateside.

    ReplyDelete
  15. nice review..as winters are coming up...so I am putting this for my next summer wishlist:) the good part is that it doesnt give a tint to skin like Luscious Spf whitening base...am i right?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Sara,Can this be worn underneath essence mousse makeup?

    ReplyDelete
  17. i have a really oily t-zone! specially the bridge of my nose! my foundation cracks or rubs off! and sometimes oxidises (turns orange)
    should i get this or luscious Spf whitening base? i have a wedding to attend next week! please reply soon! love you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am afraid, it might not help with extremely oily T-zone. I suggest changing your foundation, maybe that's the culprit here. Check out Revlon ColorStay for combination/oily skin; you can use the primer underneath this foundation. Also, I suggest investing in MAC Prep + Prime Translucent Finishing Powder. You can carry it along with you in your bag and powder your T-zone whenever it gets shiny. Hope this helps! :)

      Delete
  18. sara what is the amount in your tube??! i bought it online for 1500 and when i received it, the pack is so small, tiny! 30ml! i was expecting larger tube..

    ReplyDelete
  19. sara i have just used it for the first time, rather i just got in mail and it is amazzinnng!!! makes all the difference in my foundation! screw the amount, i love the product!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment. Your lovely comments make my day. <3

Please avoid rude or inappropriate comments. Also, this is the comments section. No queries will be entertained unrelated to the post.

For queries, please write to info@sarahassansblog.com.

NOTE: Comments with LINKS will NOT be entertained. Thank you. :)