Catrice Infinite Matt Make Up – Review & swatches

Catrice Infinite Matt Make Up – Review & swatches

Friday, August 31, 2012 Sara Hassan , 33 Comments

I am really happy about Catrice Cosmetics being available here in Pakistan. Not just because they’re budget friendly but also because whatever I’ve tried from their range so far hasn’t let me down. Let’s see how this one scores on the scale.

Infinite Matt up to 18h Make Up
The velvety smooth new Make-up with an oil-free formula absorbs unwanted shine and ensures a smooth and natural matt complexion for up to 18 hours. Thanks to its moisturizing effect and light-reflecting pigments, your skin will look beautifully radiant. The perfect basis for this season’s make-up looks – without a mask-like effect.

Available in 5 shades.

Catrice Infinite Matt Make Up
Catrice Infinite Matt Make Up (swatch)
Catrice Infinite Matt Make Up (before & after application)
I am also wearing this foundation here.

My thoughts
This product would appeal to those looking for a foundation that offers a light to medium semi-matte coverage. Yes, semi matte! Unlike Bourjois 123 Perfect Foundation, this one doesn’t give you a dead matte finish which in fact is a good thing considering it imparts a hydrated glow to your skin without being greasy. 

As you well know that I prefer matte finish foundation for summer due to my combination skin plus the humid weather here. But now, because the weather is changing, I am more into a dewy formula. This one does all that for me. Even though it comes in five shades only, I was lucky enough to find myself a match. Apricot Beige isn’t particularly yellow or pink under-toned; it’s kinda in between, say neutral. I am happy that it doesn’t pull pink on my skin because of which it doesn’t appear unnatural in the day light (for reference I am NC30 in MAC). The product is housed in a sturdy glass packaging and comes with a handy pump. The pump works smoothly and dispenses the right quantity of product.

Now coming to the foundation itself. It’s thick in consistency; the very first thing you notice about it. Second, it has sort of a floral scent that doesn’t bother me BUT could be off-putting for those who want their foundation to be fragrance-free. I didn’t know it has golden shimmer in it until I noticed it in low light, which means it’s barely visible in sunlight. You can apply it with a sponge or brush; it spreads on evenly and easily both ways. I am also happy that it blends into the skin and doesn't just sit on top of the skin so no mask-like effect. Initially, it feels tad sticky to touch but once it’s settled, it doesn't feel that way. But I would still suggest dusting a bit of translucent powder to get rid of that feeling plus to allow for proper blending of your blusher. The foundation lasts decently through out the course of the day with primer underneath but because it isn't a matte foundation, my T-zone gets a bit shiny after three hours. On the plus side, it doesn't transfer either but I don't think it would wear well up to 18 hours as they say because I've noticed that it oxidizes by mid-day if I skip a primer. I personally don't have a problem with that because at least it doesn't go patchy and fades evenly.

As a whole, this foundation is pretty good for the price. I reach for it almost every other day. It has got more or less a similar finish as that of Color Studio Professional Pro Luminous Foundation but I prefer it over that because of the packaging and it doesn't smell as strong as the Color Studio one. You get a moderate coverage with a semi-matte look and this could be your every day foundation if you could get a match. I consider it suitable for all skin types.
    
You might like it if...
  • You expect a semi matte finish.
  • You expect light to medium natural looking coverage.
  • You want a foundation that blends effortlessly.
  • You expect it to last for up to five hours.
  • You expect it to be transfer-resistant.
  • You don't mind the mild scent.
  • You are looking for a good pocket-friendly foundation.
  • You find the packaging to be good.
  • You could find a match.
You might not like it if...
  • You have an extremely oily skin.
  • You think it oxidizes on your skin (do prime your skin).
  • You can't find your match.
  • You're looking for a foundation that has no shimmer.
My rating
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-k9pvc7-MFlg/Ti7Ey2nCQdI/AAAAAAAAB5A/vAOA9RcLgyE/s1600/4.jpg 
4/5

Catrice Infinite Matt Make Up is priced PKR 1210 and can be purchased online from Beauty Arena.

What do you think about this foundation? Have you tried it?


PR sample(s) sent for review. This however has not affected my opinion at all. My loyalty is to my readers and being honest is my utmost responsibility. I have given my sincere opinion about the product(s) mentioned in the post. For more details, please go through my Disclosure Policy.

If you have any questions, you can have a look at FAQ or email me on info@sarahassansblog.com.

33 comments :

  1. i was always about totally matte foundations but lately ive been venturing towards semi matte and dewy! this seems like a reasonable buy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great product! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the CSP foundation a lot since its lightweight so this will be a hit for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg! it doesn't look like you are wearing any makeup!! natural

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really wanted to try and get this product when I went to Switzerland but I had no time to go to stores there :-( I wish it were available in India too. Love your blog Sara, your online shopping from Aliexpress was really good, I ordered some stuff from there too. Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch for appreciating Goga ^_^

      Delete
  6. Great Review Sara :D This would do best on my oily skin this winter

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have flaw less skin, you don't need any foundation. Mashallah !
    I have a question, Why 80% of your reviews are sponsored? take it as a positive criticism.

    I love your reviews anyway, but some times I feel they are biased.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! well, being a beauty blogger has its responsibility as well; it's a full time job. Have you ever visited famous beauty blogs from abroad? Companies like to send things for consideration and it's my duty to be honest about my experience. As for my being biased, my conscience is clear. There is a possibility that something that suits me might not suit somebody else. I would like you to go through my disclosure policy and FAQ for further details. Thank you! :) xx

      Delete
    2. Honestly I only followed the international blogs/vlogs. I got to know about you through a friend few months back and since then I am following almost all of your reviews. I didn't know we have Pakistani beauty bloggers community and people actually take it seriously and its the best way to express what you really are from the inside. I got courage from you and now I am working on my own these days and all credit goes to you, you are my inspiration. Thank you !!

      Delete
    3. Well you know what, you're a blogger yourself now and its so good to know that girls are take blogging so seriously and passionately. I am so glad that you are. I wish one day we be a big and better community :)

      Thank you for the lovely words :) xx

      Delete
  8. Great review, makes me want to buy it asap. Keep up the good work, Sara! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. seems like a promising product.. I am tempted

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have it and I like it :) but it's been some time since I have worn it as I found a better one for cheap money from Flomar but I can't find anything bad about this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. im so tempted to try this! the oxidizing part scares me though! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi sara,i got oily and extraordinary sensitive skin with zits so plz suggest me a good foundation????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a sensitive skin so I have no idea what should work for you. Please Google through reviews online. I am sure that would help. :) xx

      Delete
  13. Hey Sara...dear will it be good for very dry skin in winters?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not suitable for very dry skin in winter. :)

      Delete
  14. price plz? i want to order it, whats the procedure?

    ReplyDelete
  15. hey ... can u tell me about the shades of this foundation....which one ligter and tehich one darker plzzz????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Aleezah, you can google for the shades & swatches, they'd sure be helpful :)

      Delete
  16. aoa, hope you're doing great sara! simply love your reviews! dear would this be ok for oily skin type in "winters"?? my skin is tooo oily in summers but pretty well in winters, still i have this poor experience with foundations that i get patches of dark n light shades after like 2 hours. :) Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Smilie, I think it'll be okay to use it on a thoroughly moisturized skin in winter. :)

      Delete
  17. or can you plz suggest any other foundation for combination to oily skin type in winters that doesn't give a ghostly white look in pictures because i don't want my after-wedding pics to be disastrous :D
    p.s the foundation which lasts long too, because as i said i've troubles with that part as well
    Today i've got maybelline dream matte pressed powder after on ur suggestion, now i'm so into buying bourjois 123 perfect foundation, (adjusting my pocket for that) :D but for winters i want something with above properties.
    lols, thanks for reading my comments with patience, u're ma new beauty expert :)) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Smilie, a foundation with SPF ingredients flashes back in the photos taken with flash and makes one look ghostly. To increase the wear of your foundation always use a primer underneath. You can also checkout Revlon ColorStay Foundation For Combination/Oily Skin (for post wedding events, not for daily use) which lasts better. And thank you for your lovely words :) xx

      Delete
  18. aoa, hope u're rocking!! :) sara would you please review cartice photoshop finish foundation? i've read it's reviews on other blogs but it seems that my heart falls for your opinion only :D best wishes! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Smilie, I will be trying Photo Finish Foundation very soon. Awww.. Thank you for your trust in me! :) xx

      Delete
  19. would you prefer this over Catrice photo finish 18 hr liquid foundation?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ayesha, I haven't tried Photo Finish Foundation as yet :)

      Delete
  20. You're such a lovely person :) i wish u were in lahore, i'd have loved to meet ya.. stay blessed!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment. Your lovely comments make my day. <3

Please avoid rude or inappropriate comments. Also, this is the comments section. No queries will be entertained unrelated to the post.

For queries, please write to info@sarahassansblog.com.

NOTE: Comments with LINKS will NOT be entertained. Thank you. :)