Essence Forget it! 3-in-1 Concealer – Review & swatches

Essence Forget it! 3-in-1 Concealer – Review & swatches

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 Sara Hassan , 27 Comments

We all love a good deal don’t we? Does this product really make me forget my problem areas? Read more to find that out.

Forget it! 3-in-1 Concealer
A colour palette which is perfect for concealing skin blemishes, counteracting redness and lightening dark circles. Use pink for dark circles, green for redness and beige for blemishes.

Essence Forget it! 3-in-1 Concealer
Essence Forget it! 3-in-1 Concealer : Pink, Beige & Green
Essence Forget it! 3-in-1 Concealer : Pink, Beige & Green (swatch)
Essence Forget it! 3-in-1 Concealer (before and after application)
Essence Forget it! 3-in-1 Concealer (Beige applied to hide blemishes)
My thoughts
First of all, this is not how the actual product looks like. It’s just a tester that I was given to try.  The actual product comes in a round palette with triangular pans containing a red, beige and a green concealer.  This is my first time trying from Essence and I am glad I discovered this.

 All three concealers have a creamy texture and go on smooth though they aren’t pigmented enough to cover in a single swipe so you need at least two to three coats for an ideal coverage.  I find beige to be the most pigmented followed by pink and green to be the least.

I like that it doesn’t cake up and looks natural on me even after multiple swipes but since it’s thin and creamy, I strongly suggest dabbing a setting powder on top to prevent creasing and patchiness – oh yes, it could crease badly on oily skin. Also, if you dry skin, moisturize beforehand; it might cling to your dry areas and look awful.

This product claims to combat dark circles, redness and blemishes.  I have some redness on my nose so I tried the green one to see if it really works. Sadly, the green doesn’t work so well covering redness so that was kind of disappointing. Surprisingly, the pink one does a fantastic job hiding darkness under my eyes. I am amazed because I never thought a pink concealer would work on my warm skin tone but it did and I am glad. I see that it brightens up without making you look like you have something on and that’s just great.  The beige one too works well hiding zits and blemishes so no complaints.  I tested mixing pink and beige together and that turned out even better for hiding my dark circles.

I tried applying it with a brush, sponge and fingers to see what works best. From what I have gathered, the best way is to gently dab with your fingers and blend with a brush or a sponge.

To sum it up, this product is a STEAL for the price.

You might like it if…
  • You are looking for an economical concealer.
  • You want something to cover up dark circles - medium coverage.
  • You expect good coverage for your blemishes.
  • You don't mind layering up.
  • You want something that doesn't look cakey.
You might not like it if…
  • You expect it to be very pigmented on first swipe.
  • You don’t set it with a powder afterwards & it creases on you.
  • You have very oily skin.
  • The concealers don’t suit your skin tone.
My rating
3.5/5

Forget it! 3-in-1 Concealer comes with a price tag of PKR 360 and is available at Naheed, Chase up, Imtiaz III, Zam Zam and Vicky’s Cosmetic in Karachi. If you live in Lahore, you can find this at Enem and Al-Fatah (DHA, Liberty).

What do you think about it? Have you tried it?


PR sample(s) sent for review. This however has not affected my opinion at all. My loyalty is to my readers and being honest is my utmost responsibility. I have given my sincere opinion about the product(s) mentioned in the post. For more details, please go through my Disclosure Policy.

If you have any questions, you can have a look at FAQ or email me on info@sarahassansblog.com.

27 comments :

  1. I've heard of Essence through a Canadian friend and I was about to ask her if she could pick this up for me (I love trying out new concealers), but after reading your review, I don't think I'm going to because I had high hopes for the green (I too have redness around my nose) and now I see it probably won't work. Also the beige looks a bit too dark for my complexion. I think I'm sticking to my NYX concealer in a jar for now. Thanks a lot for the review ^^ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great product and cute too =)
    The price is really great. I think I have seen Essence here as well. Would give it a try for sure. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice review Sara:)looks like a great product.. I wish to try Essence products...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh when I first looked at the picture I was like isn't it normally in a round-ish packaging then I read the whole review(and now I see the label does say tester lol) I have been looking to try a trio/quad with the correctors for a while. The pink plus beige does brighten your under eye nicely. But I am scared the beige one in this might be a tad bit lighter for me.It does come in one shade only?

    Oh ya essence is quite a reasonable and easily available. I have only tried their nail polishes and I actually have heard good things about their products particularly the gel liners

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, sadly, it comes in one shade only. I suggest trying before making a purchase. Yes, I have heard a lot about their gel eye liners too. :) xx

      Delete
  5. Oh ya that is what I thought. If they do have testers I will definitely give it a shot. But I am pretty sure it would be light because it matches you and you are around NC 30 right? I am around NC 42 so ya probably won't work. Also post your review about the collection 2000 concealer I have ordered it from wishlist along with other concealers Glamoflauge and two shades of L.A girls Pro conceal(or something like that lol) hoping that atleast one of them will work! *fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one reminds me of the Catrice Allround concealer. I would attach a photo but links aren't entertained :P Google it, though. I think its a really nice product as in the same thing caters to more than one skin tone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks good! Not good enough for girls with bad/blue-ish dark circles. There is NO orange corrector. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice review Sara:)
    I bought this last week and was pleased with the beige but the pink and green did not work for me:( Will try mixing beige and pink for dark circles.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love essence, have the normal concealer did a nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What wud u recommend? This one or the catrice one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the Catrice one so can't say.

      Delete
  11. this looks nice, wish the green was more pigmented though, i have my eyes on their 5 in one concealor palette!xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Is it long wearing on combination skin? About how many hours would u say it lasts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not until you set it with a setting powder.

      Delete
  13. A compared to this, Catrice all round concealor package has 5 shades of concealor (that is pink, green n 3 shades of beige).
    Though the catrice one is a little pricey as compared to essence one (PKR 800 0r 850 i guess) the shades work really great n the green one also works too well on red spots.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice review and I am tempted. How many swipes of product have u applied in swatches?

    ReplyDelete
  15. i was thinking of getting this but wasnt sure about the coverage! looks really decent.

    ReplyDelete
  16. its is nice review.... I have oily skin so I think i should keep concealer powder with me.. what do you suggest Sara?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, I don't think it would suit you. As I mentioned, it could crease badly after a couple of hours if you have an oily under eye area. Hope this helps :)

      Delete
  17. nice review sara.I think i will buy this one now.

    I bought the catrice concealer for PKR 650 just because of the variety of colors it offered but was so disappointed .catrice concealers are not pigmented enough.Only the dark beige works and even then if you blend it it turns into a white powder.

    thanks once again for helping out in the dilemma :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one too needs to be built up two to three times. I hope it works for you. :)

      Delete
  18. hi sara, very nice reviews i must say honest reviews with all the qualities and drawbacks sara can u plz help me any pakistani website where i can get branded makeup products.buy them online like mua etc nd they provide u real brand plz reply soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Madiha, please drop me an email on info@sarashassansblog.com. Thank you :) xx

      Delete

Feel free to comment. Your lovely comments make my day. <3

Please avoid rude or inappropriate comments. Also, this is the comments section. No queries will be entertained unrelated to the post.

For queries, please write to info@sarahassansblog.com.

NOTE: Comments with LINKS will NOT be entertained. Thank you. :)