NYX Matte Lipstick in 'Sierra' – Review & swatches

NYX Matte Lipstick in 'Sierra' – Review & swatches

Monday, August 27, 2012 Sara Hassan , 20 Comments

I have a thing for Matte lipsticks. They wear longer on my lips than other formulas. The only glitch – it dries out my lips. I keep coming back to it nevertheless.

NYX Matte Lipstick

NYX Matte Lipsticks are highly pigmented, richly formulated lipsticks that glide on smoothly, stay put and impart a non-glossy, high-fashion matte finish as they envelop lips in brilliant color. From Pure Red to Nude,

Matte Lipstick is available in 22 rich, shades.

NYX Matte Lipstick in 'Sierra'
NYX Matte Lipstick in 'Sierra'
NYX Matte Lipstick in 'Sierra' Swatch
NYX Matte Lipstick in 'Sierra' Applied
My thoughts
Sierra is a gorgeous brown pink that for some reason appears a bit bright on me, more like an orangey copper but pretty wearable, I truly love it! I believe this shade would flatter fair to medium skintones the most. It's hard for me to break out of my nude/pink shell for a daily wear but this one pulls me in. In my opinion it's a perfect shade for fall and winter. I am extremely pleased with the pigmentation; it gets opaque on first swipe! One thing you should be wary of is that it might look cakey or settle into your lip lines if applied too much.

Unlike the other matte lipsticks that I have tried, this one has a creamy texture that doesn’t drag on the lips so the application is super comfortable. I don’t think it dries out my lips however as time goes by, it sucks all the moisture so prepping your lips beforehand is essential. It doesn’t look matte initially as it gives a slight sheen but it does turn matte after a while. It is faintly scented – almost undetectable – which doesn’t linger so that’s not a problem.

As expected, I get about four to five hours of wear from it without eating or drinking which in my book is a good wear time. However, as it fades, it can look patchy which can be a turn off. If you have dry flakey lips or if the weather is dry and cold where you live, I suggest steering clear of matte lipsticks.

Overall, I am very happy with NYX Matte Lipstick and prefer it over Round Lipsticks. I definitely want to try out more shades from the range.

You might like it if…
  • You're looking for true matte lipstick.
  • You expect it to wear long.
  • It flatters your skintone.
  • You like the creamy texture.
  • You think the price is reasonable.
You might not like it if...
  • You think it dries out your lips.
  • You have dry/chapped lips.
My rating:
4.5/5

NYX Matte Lipstick can be purchased for PKR 750 from Branded Cosmetics in Pakistan -- yes, it's a new online store in town selling at good prices. Make sure you check them out.

What do you think about it? Have you tried it?


PR sample(s) sent for review. This however has not affected my opinion at all. My loyalty is to my readers and being honest is my utmost responsibility. I have given my sincere opinion about the product(s) mentioned in the post. For more details, please go through my Disclosure Policy.

If you have any questions, you can have a look at FAQ or email me on info@sarahassansblog.com.

20 comments :

  1. this is such a beautiful shade <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely shade Sara! I have Angel, it's a bright pink. Love the formula and shades. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. NYX is my absolute favourite brand, most of their products are great and affordable. I don't wear lipstick much, but when I do I use any of the NYXs that I have. Thanks a lot for the review, Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love NYX lipsticks. i have yet to try this color! if i see it i may have to pick it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow wow so amazing shade i want it now sara thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aah love matte lippies. I will surely check these out. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. thats a really pretty matte shade <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty shade, looks gorgeous on you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. what do you mean by "round" lipstick. I have heard this term in a few blogs but not sure what it means, what classifies as round lipstick ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Round Lipstick is one of NYX's range :)

      Delete
  10. I wanted to ask something. I have MUA heaven n earth palette. Should i buy undressed or starry nights palette? Also, should i buy catrice gel eyeliner(have read ur review) or mua gel eyeliner? Do u know if its good?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, this is the comments section, please email your query to info@sarahanssansblog.com. Thank you! :)

      Delete
  11. What a coincidence I just bough a nyx matte lipstick in perfect red. But I haven't tried it yet.. now I'm excited.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have Sierra as well and i'm a little jealous it pulls so coppery-orange on you! It looks fully brown pink on me; I like it better on you xD It can get a bit cakey, like you said - but overall it's a pretty nice lipstick. I also prefer this formula to the Rounds.

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is a pretty shade, looks good on your lips

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment. Your lovely comments make my day. <3

Please avoid rude or inappropriate comments. Also, this is the comments section. No queries will be entertained unrelated to the post.

For queries, please write to info@sarahassansblog.com.

NOTE: Comments with LINKS will NOT be entertained. Thank you. :)