piCture pOlish Mirage – Review & swatches

piCture pOlish Mirage – Review & swatches

Wednesday, August 01, 2012 Sara Hassan , 45 Comments

When the girls at piCture pOlish asked me to create a shade with them, I was like "OMG! Is this really happening to me?" I am beyond excited to share my shade with you. It's a huge honor for me and my country to be chosen to create a shade with an Aussie brand.

piCture pOlish teamed up with some bloggers and stockists to develop new shades. Mirage is a part of the collaboration collection. Everyone did a great job on their shade -- I love them all.

piCture pOlish Mirage
piCture pOlish Mirage (2 coats)
piCture pOlish Mirage [artificial light]
piCture pOlish Mirage [natural light]
piCture pOlish Mirage (one coat over deep blue base) [artificial light]
piCture pOlish Mirage (one coat over deep blue base) [with flash]
piCture pOlish Mirage (one coat over deep blue base) [artificial light]
piCture pOlish Mirage (one coat over deep blue base) [natural light]
piCture pOlish Mirage + one layer Ozotic 606 [artificial light]
piCture pOlish Mirage + one layer Ozotic 606 [artificial light]
My thoughts
How did I come up with this one? Well, I wanted something duo chrome with subtle shimmer. My sisters and I sat down and started brainstorming. We love grey but we wanted something unique so I shared a photo of a bird with magical plume with piCture pOlish, and they loved it. I was also asked to name my own shade and so I gave it Mirage. I must say the girls did a splendid job with it. It really came out as I thought it should be.

Mirage is a pearly grey with blue hue and subtle shimmer. Under some lights, it appears a light teal. At certain angles, you can appreciate a pink purplish color shift that looks amazing. Mirage is a highly reflective shade and the most difficult one to capture on lens. I have tried my best to do justice to it and show you the special moments I enjoyed while shooting.

The formula is quite opaque, applies evenly and has a decent drying time. It looks best on top of a black or a deep blue shade. With a dark base underneath, it appears more teal and I love that. I also tried layering a few shades on it. You can see how it looks under Ozotic 606 which is a pale lilac but looks very grey over Mirage.

I just want to say that I am overwhelmed. No words can really describe how grateful I am. Thank you piCture pOlish.


piCture pOlish has also added QR codes to the bottles, how awesome is that! Just scan your bottle with your smartphone and it will take you directly to the website for purchase.

You can purchase Mirage for AU$11.50 from the website. If you live in Pakistan, you can get it for PKR 1550 from Enhanced Beauty. Folks in the U.S can purchase it from Overall Beauty.com for US$15.

What do you think about my shade? ^_^


PR sample(s) sent for review. This however has not affected my opinion at all. My loyalty is to my readers and being honest is my utmost responsibility. I have given my sincere opinion about the product(s) mentioned in the post. For more details, please go through my Disclosure Policy.

If you have any questions, you can have a look at FAQ or email me on info@sarahassansblog.com.

45 comments :

  1. LOVE IT! Its such a unique shade! Great job Sara! So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's amazing Sara! Congrats. It's a really beautiful shade, I especially love it over the deep blue shade x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you! Where can I find the collaboration collection?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! It's a lovely shade. This bottle will be something you can keep it for life time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. sara congratulations. To be honest the shades developed by other bloggers were good ,not exceptional . But your shade was a WIN. I have never seen such beautiful shade. . Truly gorgeous. You made us proud. Keep rocking :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch for your lovely words ^_^

      Delete
  6. very lovely shade.. congratulations to you Sara and your wonderful blog!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow girl <3 it is really honor.... enjoy the fame :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was waiting for this. Congratulations once again. I am so proud of you. =)
    Great swatches and I love how this color has so many shades. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The color is simply amazing. It gives off so many colors at the same time. Good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats, Sarah! Your polish is amazing - love the colour and the effect! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Mirage looks amazing Sara,good job! If it was sold here, I'd buy it asap! :) <3

    ♥xx♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Truly elegant color... I love such shades... this one I'm buying it coz it has your name:)))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Gorgeous multi-coloring!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wonderful shade Sara ... thumbs up! btw isn't it "It's AN illusion" ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 'n' is there but because it's an illusion, you can't see it ;)

      Delete
  15. Wow! I super like the hint of purple in it. Good job! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very Beautiful Shade! <3
    ..Congratulations once again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is such an amazing thing, congratulations! Very beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. SO PROUD OF YOU SARA! :D :D :D Its Beautiful! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations! This is so great and you fully deserve it! The polish is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  20. wao sara we are proud of you great shade

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very beautiful :)

    I've got a question to you - how did you do that that on your blog one can not copy the text? I want to make the same on my site too, but advices from google didn't work :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could you please email me? We can discuss there. Thank you :) xx

      Delete
  22. congragulations!! im a nail artist myself and you can ask me how great and big it is... wish you more achievements running into your life and disturbing you with these surprises :)... one day i will be following your steps inshallah.. :P well thers no harm to dream right??

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations to you Sara. This is a beautiful shade and I look forward to owning and wearing our blogger collaboration shades.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you everyone ^_^ <3 lots of love

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dearest Sara Love for u and I must say that this shade is as unique as u!!!<3 u made us all proud....:)kisses and hugs and lods of respect:)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I think this would be a good post to make my first official comment on your blog although I have been a silent reader for ages.
    Firstly congratulations!! It is indeed a huge honour. It is so heartening to see as a fellow Pakistani. You have proved to be such a positive and amazing representative of Pakistan! So good to see you do well for yourself! :) May Allah bless you with a lot more success!!

    Coming to the shade!! WOWW!!! It is so BEAUTIFUL! And I love how you captured it in different lights and with a different colour base. And the tag line is so apt it is so illusive and can turn into so many different colours.

    And have to add a little over all comment on the blog as a whole I love the way how crisp, perfect and professional you make everything on your blog look. From the pictures and the swatches and the description and the whole clutter free format in general. And also that you are humble and helpful inspite of being the star Pakistani blogger. That will take you places IA :)

    Sorry for the extra long comment! I either don't post and if I do lol its something like this

    Zainab

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zainab!

      Awwwww! A big hug from my side. you're a sweetheart. :) <3 Thank you so much for appreciating my efforts -- it really means a lot to me.

      All this has been possible because of people like you who constantly support my blog. I aim to represent Pakistan the best way I can and promote love and peace. This is not merely my success but OUR success.

      Thank you so much for the lovely words. God bless you! ^_^

      Delete
  27. Awww *squishy hug* You deserve all the appreciation and more!! :) But I can imagine every little inch of support and encouragement does help a lot :)

    Awwwwww that is such a positive way to look at it! Absolutely your success is OUR success!! :) It is a gift to be able to be proud and happy for each other!

    You are most welcome! Infact I wanted to post and appreciate much earlier but well better late than never! I hope to drop by more often now on InshAllah :) Although its the first time I am talking to you but having followed you for so long I literally feel like we are friends already hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what, you just revealed yourself in the right time and I feel so glad to have found you. Please feel free to email me or anything, I have all the time in the world for you :) <3

      Oh yes, We are friends. YOU are what most people would want their friends to be, i.e. believing in them. Thank you for believing in me. :) xx

      Delete
    2. Awww *embarrassed muh* You are being too kind..Thank you! I will definitely drop in a email or message on FB. Pleasure and honour will be all mine!! I am so glad I decided to post finally! :) Yay no more silent lurking! lol

      And sorry for all the off-topic chit chat on this post!. But seriously every time I come back to reply. I keep drooling over the pictures and the gorgeousness of that shade.And just how awesome does your blog name look on the bottle!! :D

      Delete
  28. beautiful, exotic shade! 3 cheers for you Sara!:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. wow congratulations sara this is a great honour and you deserve it.The nail polish is awesome just like you.
    At first I thought you had pics of all the other nail polishes as well but when I read the post I was really amazed.this is so brilliant (all the hues are so beautiful and although I never buy so expensive nail polishes I think this one is a must have.The name is soooooo exotic and tasteful)
    I just want to add that through your blog you are not only changing trends but also inspiring so many girls/women out there.I admire you for your work and pray that may Allah grant you more success and all the good things that life has to offer.ameen

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hey sarah!
    I ordered this shade yestrday just because of u! =)
    its brilliant. However i would like to know if i wear it wd different coloured bases will it give more illusions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's wonderful, Thank you! :) xx I don't think it will look drastically different over different base.

      Delete
  31. So proud of you. Beautiful colour <3

    ReplyDelete
  32. WOAH! Congratulations! That's really awesome and you have made all Pakistani girls proud!! It's such a pretty shade! And the name fits perfectly! It reminds me of Cinderella too, in her gorgeous dress sparkling by the fountain!! <3 Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you so much Ayesha for the kind words :) <3

      Delete

Feel free to comment. Your lovely comments make my day. <3

Please avoid rude or inappropriate comments. Also, this is the comments section. No queries will be entertained unrelated to the post.

For queries, please write to info@sarahassansblog.com.

NOTE: Comments with LINKS will NOT be entertained. Thank you. :)