Rimmel 1000 Kisses Lip Tint – Review & swatches

Rimmel 1000 Kisses Lip Tint – Review & swatches

Saturday, August 04, 2012 Sara Hassan , 16 Comments

Lip stain is the perfect answer to someone seeking a natural lip. Let’s see how 1000 Kisses Lip Tints perform, shall we?

1000 Kisses Transferproof Lip Tint + Balm
1000 Kisses Lip Tint gives your lips a royal flush of intense, vibrant colour that stays on duty and ready for action for hours - leaving no trace, so your kisses never tell.

 The speedy two-step application delivers a fabulously flawless finish that is totally on trend and just begs to be kissed. A precision pen-tip delivers the mistake-free colour you're looking for and a caring balm seals the deal, giving lips the extra moisturising they've been waiting for.

There are 6 must-have shades in a translucent colour-matched design that gives you the freedom of being able to re-invent your look every day.

Rimmel 1000 Kisses Lip Tint
Rimmel 1000 Kisses Lip Tint (top-bottom): Endless Blossom & Stay Very Berry
Rimmel 1000 Kisses Lip Tint - balm at the other end
Rimmel 1000 Kisses Lip Tint - Endless Blossom
Rimmel 1000 Kisses Lip Tint - Stay Very Berry
My thoughts
I have never been into lip stains before. As a matter of fact, it’s my first encounter with lip tints. I suppose that’s because I never thought of trying them out. But now that I’ve tried, I have to say, I am pleasantly surprised. The main reason for liking them is because they last longer in comparison to a lipstick, which is perfect for summer. Also, you don’t feel like you have anything on your lips which makes them so much more comfortable and breezy to wear.  Besides that, they never get messy on application.

I absolutely love the color selection in this range; I find them quite flattering for fair to dark medium skin tones. Contrary to what I expected, these lip tints are well pigmented. They look natural and have enough color to make your lips pop without drawing too much attention. Endless Blossom, to me is my-lips-but-better shade. Out of the entire range, I think it’s the easiest shade to pull off.  Stay Very Berry is a perfect popping berry pink and is my favorite.  Both the lip tints have a sugary berry-licious scent to them but thankfully no taste at all.

Talking about the application, I’d say it’s super easy. It’s a felt-tip marker with a clear balm at the other end. Now what I do is that I first line my lips and then fill in the rest; the pointed tip makes it a cinch to control. You need two to three swipes for the color to transfer. Stretch your lips out so that you get a smooth and even application. Let it dry and spread a thin layer of lip balm over. I would strongly suggest NOT skipping the balm as lip tints tend to be drying. On their own, they give a slight sheen that doesn’t appeal me so for me the balm end is a must. The balm that it comes with is just okay, it will keep your lips moisturized for just an hour. If that’s not enough for you, use your favorite balm. The tint on my lips last for about four hours without eating or drinking. But not to mention, they get a little splotchy as they fade and in the end you’re left with some stain on inner rim of your lip which takes a whole day to disappear (not kidding).

Overall, I like wearing them in summer. If you have very dry and flaky lips, you should opt for tinted lip balms instead. It won’t take much longer before they get bone dry so I’d be finishing them quick. I do think it's pricey for a lip tint so if you're someone who can't finish it in a month or two, give it a pass.

You might like it if…
  • You are looking for a sheer & light weight lip product.
  • You expect good pigmentation.
  • You expect a long wear.
  • You expect them to be somewhat transfer-resistant.
  • You expect an easy & mess-free application.
  • You don’t mind the sweet scent.
You might not like it if…
  • Either you have dry flaky lips or it dries out your lips.
  • You are not satisfied with the balm end.
  • You find the price to be steep for a lip tint.
  • You think the felt-tip dries out quick.
My rating
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-O9jbySQmysE/TjGZpMw2fNI/AAAAAAAAB7I/Ko-Vs6_zLew/s1600/3.jpg
3/5

Rimmel 1000 Kisses Lip Tint comes with a price tag of PKR 1200 and can be purchased from any superstore across Pakistan. It can also be found on BeautyArena.pk. Folks abroad can get it from Boots and Superdrug.

What do you think about it? Have you tried it?


PR sample(s) sent for review. This however has not affected my opinion at all. My loyalty is to my readers and being honest is my utmost responsibility. I have given my sincere opinion about the product(s) mentioned in the post. For more details, please go through my Disclosure Policy.

If you have any questions, you can have a look at FAQ or email me on info@sarahassansblog.com.

16 comments :

  1. never tried lip tints myself.. I guess I'll give it a try.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look lovely! I just got the Revlon ones and they arent as good sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like lip tints and these look good in the tube and on your lips!:) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. They seriously look lovely. I like the description of Stay Very Berry tint. I guess it is something I'd go after. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I want, espcicially the endless blossom one x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never been into lip stains either. These look really lovely on you though xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is looking amazing Sara... But I think it will made my lips drier... but a must try product

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow they seem really nice and I like both those shades but the second one a tiny bit more. I have never tried a lip stain before but might give it a go now :)
    And I guess with the balm it won't be too drying.Also the fact that you said it lasts longer than lipstick sounds good. I was eying the Revlon just bitten balm stains(that may not be the exact name lol)but you have not tried them yet right? I wonder how they compare to these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the second shade too. ^_^

      Nope. I haven't tried the Revlon one yet. :) xx

      Delete
    2. I hope you try them soon so I can read your review and decide if I should get them or not hehe

      Delete
  9. I bought it for Rs. 980. From imtiaz super market. :)
    in plum shade and I love it :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment. Your lovely comments make my day. <3

Please avoid rude or inappropriate comments. Also, this is the comments section. No queries will be entertained unrelated to the post.

For queries, please write to info@sarahassansblog.com.

NOTE: Comments with LINKS will NOT be entertained. Thank you. :)