Rimmel Waterproof Gel Eyeliner – Review & swatches

Rimmel Waterproof Gel Eyeliner – Review & swatches

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 Sara Hassan , 17 Comments

Finally Rimmel has its own gel eyeliner. Does it beat my favorite ones? It’s time to find out.

Rimmel Waterproof Gel Eyeliner
Subtle or bold eyeliner look that lasts all day! Long lasting gel formula with intense color pigments. Applies easily with built-in brush applicator.  Waterproof formula stays in place all day- won’t budge or smudge!

Rimmel Waterproof Gel Eyeliner
Rimmel Waterproof Gel Eyeliner
Rimmel Waterproof Gel Eyeliner (swatch)
I am wearing this eyeliner here.

My thoughts
Let me begin by saying this product is so not for me. I am a person who doesn’t always have plenty of time to get ready in the morning for work. I do things in such a rush so anything that takes more time and effort, I tend to stay away from it.

This product apparently looks very promising – it comes with a brush applicator and claims to be intense, long lasting and waterproof; what more could you ask for? I even enjoy the thin consistency of the product as it makes eye lining a piece of cake. But my liking turned into disappointment when I discovered that the eyeliner takes ages to dry and if I try moving my lids before it sets, it transfers onto my crease and looks messy. Secondly, it takes more than one swipe to achieve a solid black line; I am blaming the texture. The application and the drying eat up too much of my time which is disheartening. In case you’re wondering about the applicator, it’s pretty useless.

Now coming to the good part; when it sets, it doesn’t budge or smear. It lasts through the day and I do believe it’s waterproof. I did a smudge test with tap water and it didn't come off.

I have tried Maybelline and Catrice gel eyeliners and to be honest, both are way better than this. Plus, the product comes in a petite jar so the quantity too is quite less . So all things considered, this product did not work for me.

You might like it if…
  • You expect it to last all day without smudging.
  • You got plenty of time for makeup.
  • You don’t mind layering up to achieve maximum intensity.
You might not like it if…
  • It takes plenty of time to dry.
  • You expect intensity in a single stroke.
  • You think it’s pricey for the quantity.
  • You find the applicator useless.
My rating

2.5/5


Rimmel Waterproof Gel Eyeliner is priced PKR 850 and is available at all superstores across country. You can also purchase online from Just4girls.pk.

What do you think about it? Have you tried it?


PR sample(s) sent for review. This however has not affected my opinion at all. My loyalty is to my readers and being honest is my utmost responsibility. I have given my sincere opinion about the product(s) mentioned in the post. For more details, please go through my Disclosure Policy.

If you have any questions, you can have a look at FAQ or email me on info@sarahassansblog.com.

17 comments :

  1. Thanks a lot for this particular review because I'm in the market for a good gel liner and I'm yet to set my mind on any. I think for the time being I'm going to stick to my fast, trusty and inexpensive liquid liner, I, like you, can't nor want to spend more time than necessary in the morning getting ready for work. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. so it will not work for me too... as I am always in great rush.......
    Thanks for honest review

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the honest review as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No point in trying it as i'm happy with what i'm using at the moment. That applictor looks sooo useless and adds only to the price of the product. Thank you for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow.. I've just browsing around through ulta's website then seeing this and thot so rimmel has a gel eyeliner too and then you are reviewing this one what a happy i am :D
    Do you have an oily lids? I do and maybelline also doesnt work that good on me. It smudge a little bit so better for me to find another good one perhaps mac or bobbi brown next time :/ i dont trust any drugstore gel eyeliner more now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Dilla, yes I have oily lids. Maybelline and Catrice both work fine for me. I myself have yet to try high end gel eyeliners :)

      Delete
  6. how disappointing! i myself would expect better products from rimmel! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanx for honest review:) thats helpful indeed:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohhh the same thing happened to me with this mess!! unfortunately I also bought the Catrice and it took also forever and a day to dry... but this Rimmel was such a disaster... great review!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amalia <3

      Oh I am surprised, the Catrice one is my favorite these days. :)

      Delete
  9. Hey Sara, Catrice is just perfect for a regular use. but if someone really wants to get her hands on to Rimmel, she must try MUA gel eyeliner (fairgound, or underground) which is for 500 rp only, not so pricy and in the same packageing as tht of rimmel .

    P.S. i ve placed few orders on ur recommendation and got the confirmation call as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh this is surely to be a disaster products for me since i ALWAYS blink my eyes after applying liner and then it gets transferred onto the crease!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I find that all gel liners take too long to apply with perfection or maybe its just me, who's used to working with a single stroke of liquid liner. Thanks for the review though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. honest as ever Sara
    i m using maybeline these days it works for me but i wanna ask u one thing mine is getting thicker y?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, Maybelline one dries out faster and that's the only thing I hate about it.

      Delete
  13. Heyyy sara plzz do a review on MUA gel eye liner n essence gel eyeliner..

    ReplyDelete
  14. When I tried it at the store, it worked perfectly for me. After i applied it at home i faced the same problem, it take ages to dry !!! I thought I was doing it wrong, but after reading this I'm sure about its flaw. I have two bottles but using it is a major turn off, I feel like it's a waste of money.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment. Your lovely comments make my day. <3

Please avoid rude or inappropriate comments. Also, this is the comments section. No queries will be entertained unrelated to the post.

For queries, please write to info@sarahassansblog.com.

NOTE: Comments with LINKS will NOT be entertained. Thank you. :)