Senna Voluptulash Mascara – Review & swatches

Senna Voluptulash Mascara – Review & swatches

Friday, August 17, 2012 Sara Hassan , 8 Comments

Senna Voluptulash Mascara hit or miss!? Read more to find that out.

Voluptulash Mascara
This luxurious mascara delivers dramatic, deep black, lusciously thick, and extravagantly long lashes in one stroke. The unique helix shaped brush coats and separates each lash for perfect definition and clump free wear. Hi-Tech polymers boost strength and volume of lashes and ensure long lasting and smudge-proof wear.

Tips
Place brush at eyelash base, wiggle brush side to side and then sweep out to lash tips. Reapply as desired.
Maximize lash thickness with three easy steps:

Side swipe: After coating lashes with the mascara wand held horizontally, tilt it vertically and use the wand tip like a windshield wiper side to side onto lash tips. This super coats each lash.

Sweep up: Always follow the side swipe with a sweep up holding brush horizontally at the lash base. This achieves good lash separation.

Push up: Boost lash length and visibility by lifting lashes with wand from the lash base and then pressing in toward your eyelid and pushing up as you glide the wand through lashes.

Senna Voluptulash Mascara
Senna Voluptulash Mascara -- Before & After Application
My thoughts
I have never been entirely satisfied with mascaras. If a mascara lengthens well, it fails to volumize or hold a curl and if it volumizes, it either doesn’t lengthen or clumps lashes together. So basically, I have yet to find my HG – perhaps it’s out there or maybe it doesn’t exist at all. Anyway, coming to this one, I have to say, it’s really good.  The formula is neither dry nor wet – kinda reminds me of Cover Girl LashBlast Volume – and comes with a unique double helix wand that reaches every lash. The wand is comfortable to use and helps in separating my lashes. I am so glad it doesn’t come with a massive applicator; it makes application such a mess.

This product promises thickness and it really does thicken my lashes however in two strokes. On a single coat, I can only appreciate how nicely it lengthens. I noticed that it holds the curl throughout the day which is impressive. It has a tendency to bunch lashes together especially on second coat so be wary during application. Also, it doesn’t flake or smudge. We all know, mascaras can be tricky to review since what might not work for me might work for you. I don’t think it would do wonders on Asian eyes or someone with very scarce lashes. For me, It does pretty well.
   
Overall, this mascara is by far the only mascara that adds length and thickness – something I always wanted – so it’s thumbs up from my side.

You might like it if…
  • You have thin and straight lashes.
  • It thickens your lashes.
  • You expect it to lengthen your lashes.
  • It lifts and holds curls throughout the day.
  • You want a mess free application.
You might not like it if…
  • You expect volume on the very first coat.
  • It clumps your lashes a bit.
  • You think it's expensive.
My rating
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-k9pvc7-MFlg/Ti7Ey2nCQdI/AAAAAAAAB5A/vAOA9RcLgyE/s1600/4.jpg
4/5

Senna Voluptulash Mascara comes with a price tag of $22.00. For more details, visit the website. They ship worldwide.

What do you think about it? Have you tried it?


PR sample(s) sent for review. This however has not affected my opinion at all. My loyalty is to my readers and being honest is my utmost responsibility. I have given my sincere opinion about the product(s) mentioned in the post. For more details, please go through my Disclosure Policy.

If you have any questions, you can have a look at FAQ or email me on info@sarahassansblog.com.

8 comments :

  1. Wow! it really does the job! BUt it is a little pricey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously is this for real? I see a HUGE difference after the mascara. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh so expensive.... but results are really awesome :) Is it waterproof?

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have same lashes like i have... :(

    mascara works

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment. Your lovely comments make my day. <3

Please avoid rude or inappropriate comments. Also, this is the comments section. No queries will be entertained unrelated to the post.

For queries, please write to info@sarahassansblog.com.

NOTE: Comments with LINKS will NOT be entertained. Thank you. :)