Sweet Touch Longlasting Eyeliner in ‘Black’ – Review & swatches

Sweet Touch Longlasting Eyeliner in ‘Black’ – Review & swatches

Saturday, August 25, 2012 Sara Hassan , 23 Comments


Under the spot light today we have Longlasting Eyeliner pencil in 'Black' by Sweet Touch.

Sweet Touch Longlasting Eyeliner in ‘Black’
Sweet Touch Longlasting Eyeliner in ‘Black’
Sweet Touch Longlasting Eyeliner in ‘Black’ (swatch)
My thoughts
This is going to be a quick review. First of all, I couldn’t find any description for this product so I can only judge it on the basis of what’s written over it. The only claim it makes is to be ‘long-lasting’ and guess what, it’s far from being that. It’s that product you’d fell in love with in the store but regret buying when you put it to test at home. But thankfully, it’s super cheap so even if you get it, it won’t put a hole in your pocket.

As you can see in swatch, it’s quite an intense black color. It has a smooth creamy texture that glides on without pulling the skin which is a very good point BUT the problem is, it doesn't dry up and remains creamy and anything creamy is bound to budge even on a light touch. It doesn’t hold up at all in the hot and humid weather of Karachi, not even for an hour. It smudges and smears both on upper and lower lash line. If you have watery eyes or you rub your eyes a lot, this is a definite no for you. So basically, it can’t be used as an eyeliner. Applied on the water-line, it doesn’t irritate or itch but stays put for only around half an hour after which it becomes blotchy. If you like a smudged-eye look, this might be for you.

You might like it if…
  • You expect intense pigmentation.
  • You want a creamy eyeliner that glides on smoothly.
You might not like it if…
  • You want an eyeliner that doesn't smudge/smear.
  • You expect longevity.
My rating
1/5

Overall, even though it’s greatly pigmented, I don't see how I can use it as an eyeliner. It costs around 60 to 80 PKR and is available at all local stores across Pakistan.

What do you think about it? Have you tried it?

23 comments :

  1. I have a few khol eyeliners like this one but I only use them as a base for a smoky eye look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This actually looks beautiful! It looks like an intense black! Actually looking for an eyeliner that is smudgey so it can be smudged under the eyes. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought one as well and trust me I used it a couple of times to find some better use of it but in vain. I tried using it as a base but it creases too quickly. The pencil looks cute so it is still in my stash. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. It creases even if I use it as a base. :)

      Delete
  4. hey id like to know which do u recommend..i want one which has a decent wear in it and wont smudge ?
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sana, try DMGM Crayon Kohl Pencil. :)

      Delete
  5. Maybe it is a problem with black ? I have 4 long lasting eyeliner pencils by sweet touch in different colors, and I have never had a problem of smudging with them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey sarah do u think it will be a good one for at least the smokey eyes cos the other eyeliners i normally use for the smokey look hardly smudge using the brush ... so i m thinking of trying something like this,,,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't suggest this one. You could try MUA Pearl Eyeshadow in 'Shade 15' if you want a smudged out effect :) xx

      Delete
  7. the color is so intense!! bad the product didn't work out well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice n honest review dea
    hey sara love ur blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Saraaaa!

    Hiya! This isn't the original Sweet Touch liner pencil. I've used this one when I couldn't find the original one. The original one comes with a black covering. This is a cheap dupe!

    The original... Gosh. I can't rave about it enough! SOOOOOO GOOD. Been using it since 2001! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Give me your address. I'll send you the original pencil! It's rare. Sells out faster than toucan say cup cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing Holy. I will look out for it. :) xx

      Delete
  10. The swatches look great to bad it didn't hold up!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Black is gorgeous but too bad it creases and does'nt stay..Pencil looks really pretty though. I wish the colour of eyeliner was same as colour of pencil.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i have one in blue and it is fine... thanx for review

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks so pigmented in the swatches.Too bad it didnt deliver.Thanx for the review:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. the swatch is so pretty, too bad it doesnt hold:/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really hate it when products don't live up to what they claim, not matter how pricey or cheap : / I've never heard of this brand before but it's good to know that it's not good at all. Thanks for the review xx

    ReplyDelete

  16. Hayee Sarah, I have watery eyes & yet unable to find any Kajal dat can stays in my eyes :((
    Kindly recommend me any ??

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gel eyeliners stay relatively longer on waterline. You should try that. Thank you :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment. Your lovely comments make my day. <3

Please avoid rude or inappropriate comments. Also, this is the comments section. No queries will be entertained unrelated to the post.

For queries, please write to info@sarahassansblog.com.

NOTE: Comments with LINKS will NOT be entertained. Thank you. :)