Budget Beauty: Skincare Products (Dry/Normal Skin)

Budget Beauty: Skincare Products (Dry/Normal Skin)

Sunday, September 16, 2012 Sara Hassan , 25 Comments

As promised, here's a useful budget beauty list to help you save money while shopping for skincare products -- for dry/normal skin types.

This list has been compiled after going through a lot of reviews and some friend recommendations just to guide you about some of the skincare products that probably would suit dry to normal skin. Some of the products I've tried, some I haven't so I'd really appreciate if you could add your valuable suggestions and experiences in the comment section below.

Difference between dry and normal skin?
A dry skin refers to skin that has a deficiency in oil or that lacks moisture. It is one of the main causes of itchiness and it may appear dull. It feels rough rather than smooth and may show flaking or scaling. If you have dry skin, you may feel tautness, especially after bathing.

An individual with normal skin has a facial complexion that is clear in appearance with none to very little blemishes. The skins pores are small to medium size. The elasticity of the skin is tight and smooth to the touch while the skin tone is even in appearance. 
Tip: When wanting to purchase a skincare product or any other beauty product, check out some reviews online. You don't wanna waste your cash on a purchase that you'd regret buying.

Sunblock/Sunscreen
  • Neutrogena Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer SPF 30
  • Neutrogena Healthy Defense Liquid Moisturizer SPF 50
  • Neutrogena Intensified Day Moisture SPF 15
  • Lakme Sun expert Sunscreen SPF 50
  • Dove Deep Moisture Facial Lotion SPF 15
  • L'Oreal Dermo Expertise Futur-e Moisturizer SPF 15

Facewash/Facial Foam
  • Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser
  • Noxzema Deep Cleansing Cream Plus Moisturizers
  • Himalaya Herbals Gentle Face Wash Cream
  • Dove Beauty Moisture Face Wash Normal to Dry Skin Care
  • Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser
  • Olay Essentials Refreshing Face Wash Normal/Dry/Combination Skin

Cleansing Milk
  • Olay Gentle Daily Cleansing Milk
  • Olay Age Defying Cleansing Milk
  • Nivea Visage Refreshing Cleansing Milk
  • Pond’s White Beauty Cleansing Milk

Toner
  • Neutrogena Alcohol Free Toner
  • Garnier Soft Gentle Toner
  • Dove Essential Nutrients Alcohol Free Toner
  • L'Oreal Triple Active Re-Nourish Velvety Toner For Dry and Sensitive Skin
  • No7 Soft & Soothed Gentle Toner

Moisturizer
  • Pond's Dry Skin Cream
  • L'Oreal Nutrissime Reactivating Dry Skin Cream
  • Neutrogena Intensified Day Moisture SPF 15
  • Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream
  • Himalaya Herbals Intensive Face Moisturizing Lotion

Facial Mask/Scrub
  • Freeman Purifying Facial Clay mask with Avocado and Oatmeal
  • LUSH Brazened Honey Fresh Face Mask
  • Queen Helene Oatmeal'n Honey Natural Facial Scrub
  • Queen Helene Cocoa Butter Scrub
  • The Body Shop Honey & Oat 3 In 1 Scrub Mask



I hope you find it helpful. If you think your favorite budget skincare product isn't in the list, let us know in the comments below.

25 comments :

  1. my friend is getting married and this list is an actual a benevolent <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats a really helpfull post. Thnx for sharing. Am looking forward to try out the neutrogena toner from you recommendation <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I haven't personally tried it but it has got good reviews. I hope it works for you :) xx

      Delete
  3. Hey Sara i think u shud add Nivea Face wash for normal/dry skin type too. I have a normal skin type and that facewash is great for me and is affordable too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post. Now I am waiting for one on oily/combination skin type :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sahrish, I did that post a couple of weeks back. You can check it out in the 'Beauty Guide' section :) xx

      Delete
  5. Very helpful. Now do a post for oily/combo skin. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's already one here http://www.sarahassansblog.com/2012/07/18.html :)

      Delete
  6. This was very helpful! Plz do one for us oily skin types!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just ran out of my fave facial scrub which is the St. Ives Daily Microdermabrasion, I can't seem to find it anywhere now... So I'm looking forward to trying out the Queen Helene Cocoa Butter Scrub, I hope it's available here in my country.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post was just super helpful. My mom has dry skin so shes always in search for what will work. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super helpful post! Will definitely try out some of your recommendations :) Thanks for doing this Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sara, where can the Nutrogena be purchased from in Karachi and would you recommend them?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great recommendations. In my opinion Neutrogena is one of the best skin care brands out there and it's not very expensive, I can even afford it where I live so that says a lot. I really liked their Deep Clean Daily Scrub Invigorating, I love using that during Summer because it makes the skin tingle and has a minty fresh scent and leaves behind a cooling sensation for a while ^^

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanx allot,ur recommnedtaion for oily skin helped me will try these too in winter my skin is really DRY...rather Horribly DRY...lolz..Thanx for this guidance dear as ever..<3 u

    ReplyDelete
  13. is cetaphil products available in pak?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Annia, you can look for it at Agha's, Hyperstar or EBCO.

      Delete
  14. i have normal to dry skin with blemishes and with some acne marks, the best facewash that i came across is the new ponds acne wash. It made my acne almost disappear and my skin feels a lot better. I used to use himalya herbal face wash before this, but i found this a lot better.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well u missed the NUTRGENA SENSITEVE SKIN OIL FREE MOUSTRISER !

    ANY WAYS THANKS FOR THE POST!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sarah,

    I need to know what is a good budget anti-aging cream, I'm 29, dry to normal skin, I used Clarins about a year ago, switched to L'Oreal, didn't help. Now I'm on Ponds age miracle day cream, night cream & eye cream. Don't know if its working. Would appreciate suggestions.

    Best,

    Sana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sana, you should keep using it. Any anti-aging product would definitely take its time to show results. The idea is to keep your skin well moisturized and protected from the sun. I haven't personally tried any so can't name a product. :)

      Delete
  17. I've got little hairy face what should i do to remove it permanently??

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment. Your lovely comments make my day. <3

Please avoid rude or inappropriate comments. Also, this is the comments section. No queries will be entertained unrelated to the post.

For queries, please write to info@sarahassansblog.com.

NOTE: Comments with LINKS will NOT be entertained. Thank you. :)