Color Studio Professional Graphique and Pro Dip Water Proof Eye liners – Review & swatches

Color Studio Professional Graphique and Pro Dip Water Proof Eye liners – Review & swatches

Friday, September 28, 2012 Sara Hassan , 3 Comments

As you may know, CSP recently added two liquid eyeliners to its range. Read more for review and comparison.

Color Studio Professional Graphique and Pro Dip Water Proof Eye liners
Smudge, Smear and Clump resistant and 100% waterproof. Comes in two essential shades.

Color Studio Professional Graphique and Pro Dip Water Proof Eye liners
Color Studio Professional Graphique and Pro Dip Water Proof Eye liners
Color Studio Professional Graphique and Pro Dip Water Proof Eye liners
Color Studio Professional Graphique and Pro Dip Water Proof Eye liners Swatch (One Swipe)
Pro Dip Eyeliner (applied)
My thoughts
Before the review, let’s focus on the individual liners first. Graphique Eyeliner in ‘Pearl Black’, as the name suggests, has a pearl finish. It’s for those who are looking for a slight metallic sans plastic-y finish. I’ve tried a few eyeliners that set glossy but this one doesn’t appear too over the top. Under the sunlight, if you look closely, you can appreciate extremely fine shimmer particles that aren’t visible from a distance. On the other hand, Pro Dip fulfills your matte-finish craving. It’s indeed jet black but not saturated on the first swipe unlike Graphique Eyeliner (as you can see in the photos); it needs to be built up at least twice to get an opaque line. Also I noticed that Graphique Eyeliner takes a bit long to dry compared to Pro Dip so watch out.

Apparently, the packaging is same except for the silver lid but the applicators are different. Graphique Eyeliner has a flexible flat brush applicator that doesn’t tug the eye so it glides on smoothly across the curve of your eye. My complaint is with the tip which isn’t pointed so it doesn’t start off precise from the inner corner of your eye. In other words, you can’t do a thin line with it and neither can you do a cat-eye. Pro Dip Eyeliner has a better applicator; it’s a felt tip and quite sturdy. Clearly, Pro Dip’s applicator is better of the two because it gives a better control and allows for a precise line from soft to dramatic.

Now the question is, are these eyeliners 100% water-proof? To some extent they are but I have my complaints. First, they tend to flake when you rub your eye. Yes, they wipe off easily with your finger so it made me doubt if they were completely water-proof. I applied both the liners on my wrist, let them dry and put my wrist under tap water. The results? They didn’t budge but just with a couple of light strokes, they were gone. So, I wouldn’t say these are 100% water-proof.  

Overall, I think these liners are pretty decent for the price however I can’t deny, there is some room for improvement.

You might like it if…
  • You are looking for pocket-friendly liquid eyeliner.
  • You expect good pigmentation from Graphique Eyeliner.
  • You are looking for matte and pearl finish black eyeliners.
  • You expect it to be removed easily with cleansing milk/water.
  You might not like it if…
  • You expect an opaque line from Pro Dip on first swipe.
  • You don’t fancy the brush applicator of Graphique Eyeliner.
  • You think the eyeliner tends to flake with slight rubbing.
  • You expect the eyeliners to be 100% water-proof.
My rating
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-O9jbySQmysE/TjGZpMw2fNI/AAAAAAAAB7I/Ko-Vs6_zLew/s1600/3.jpg
3/5

Color Studio Professional Graphique and Pro Dip Water Proof Eye liners cost PKR 400 each and can be found at superstores nationwide. You can also purchase it online from Just4girls.pk and Beauty Arena. Catch CSP on Facebook for updates!

What do you think about this product? Have you tried it?


PR sample(s) sent for review. This however has not affected my opinion at all. My loyalty is to my readers and being honest is my utmost responsibility. I have given my sincere opinion about the product(s) mentioned in the post. For more details, please go through my Disclosure Policy.

If you have any questions, you can have a look at FAQ or email me on info@sarahassansblog.com.

3 comments :

  1. Graphique looks nice! Great review sara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the one on the left is so much better

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use a Chinese brand, seriously inexpensive and it holds all day onto my super oily lids, I honestly don't think I could find anything better but it's always nice to know what else is out there, so thanks a lot for the review Sarah ^^ Have a great weekend dear xx

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment. Your lovely comments make my day. <3

Please avoid rude or inappropriate comments. Also, this is the comments section. No queries will be entertained unrelated to the post.

For queries, please write to info@sarahassansblog.com.

NOTE: Comments with LINKS will NOT be entertained. Thank you. :)