Illamasqua Generation Q Intense Lipgloss in ‘Boost’ – Review & swatches

Illamasqua Generation Q Intense Lipgloss in ‘Boost’ – Review & swatches

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 Sara Hassan , 20 Comments

Generation Q, yet another well thought out collection by Illamasqua, is my favorite collection to the date. It has something for everyone. Today, I am going to review one of the lip glosses from this range.

Intense Lipgloss
Come out of the shadows with high-shine, colour-rich Illamasqua Intense Lipgloss in a wide range of bold colours. Create lips that look full and glossy, without feeling sticky with this "liquid lipstick". Draw attention to your lips, and to you.

Illamasqua Generation Q Intense Lipgloss in ‘Boost’
Illamasqua Generation Q Intense Lipgloss in ‘Boost’
Illamasqua Generation Q Intense Lipgloss in ‘Boost’
Illamasqua Generation Q Intense Lipgloss in ‘Boost’ Swatch
Illamasqua Generation Q Intense Lipgloss in ‘Boost’ (applied)
My thoughts
Boost is described as a blueberry violet. The color reminds me of Barbie – most Barbie dolls have a purplish pink lip. I find the shade to be very unique as I haven’t come across anything like it. On my medium skin tone, the shade appears as a shiny blue-ish purple with violet sheen. The picture doesn’t showcase the true beauty of this lip gloss.

I am into bold lip colors these days so this shade fits right into the category. It’s a color that can be paired with any look, be it neutral or smokey eyes. Talking about the texture and pigmentation, I’d say, it’s not as pigmented as Illamasqua describes its intense lip glosses to be. It doesn’t seem like a ‘liquid lipstick’ to me as I can see my natural lip color peeking through when I’m wearing it. It has a sweet scent to it but thankfully has no flavor. Wear it alone or layer it over a lipstick, it works great both ways.

The texture is on the thicker side which makes it feel a bit heavy on the lips however it doesn’t feel sticky which is excellent. The color lasts for good two hours on me and the shine, for only an hour. In my book, this is a good wear time for a lip gloss. I have absolutely no complaints from this product apart from the brush-type applicator it comes with. It tends to splay if you’re not careful when placing it back in the tube. I like doe-foot applicator more but that’s just my personal preference. Overall, I really like it.

You might like it if...
  • You like the unique shade and it complements your skintone.
  • You expect good pigmentation.
  • You want a lipgloss that doesn't feel sticky.
  • You expect a decent wear (up to 2 hours).
  • You don't mind the bubble gummy scent.
 You might not like it if...
  • You expect intense pigmentation (full coverage).
  • The brush-type applicator splays and gets messy.
  • You think this shade is too bold for your liking.
My rating
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-k9pvc7-MFlg/Ti7Ey2nCQdI/AAAAAAAAB5A/vAOA9RcLgyE/s1600/4.jpg 
4/5

Illamasqua Generation Q Intense Lipgloss in ‘Boost’  is priced £14.00 and is available for purchase at the website.

What do you think about it? Have you tried it?


PR sample(s) sent for review. This however has not affected my opinion at all. My loyalty is to my readers and being honest is my utmost responsibility. I have given my sincere opinion about the product(s) mentioned in the post. For more details, please go through my Disclosure Policy.

If you have any questions, you can have a look at FAQ or email me on info@sarahassansblog.com.

20 comments :

  1. i liked this colour, well nice review.Diana of london's lipgloss have the same brush applicator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Illamasqua products seem so luxurious and classy, the colour of this lip gloss sure looks very pretty on you. I don't dare wearing such bright bold colours but I applaude those that do! hehe ^^ Thanks a lot for the review xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI! I think Boost is such a special colour! I did not know any like this until Boost appeared. Plus it looks so beautiful on your lips!
    XOXO
    Catanya

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a good shade. I also don't prefer such applicators as they don't give precise application as well..Nice clicks like always :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i was always scared of how purple-y lips would look on our skin tone but now that ive actually seen it on you it looks really nice! thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. it is looking good on you lips but my lips are bit bigger.. so I think this will not suite me so well. But it will suite to every girl with sleek lips...

    ReplyDelete
  7. a very cute shade to complement summer outfits. Looks good on u girl!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very different color and you have carried it off so nicely :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the shade but don't like its shimmer. It's looking very pretty on your lips <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is pretty shade but looks too shimmery

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the color! i too prefer doe-foot applicators xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! This is G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!! :D
    Plus the bubble gum smell is like a cherry on cake :>
    hmm! Great review as usual! I've been thinking about getting one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Different & not overwhelming.. it's very cute! I hope we can see you use this in a makeup look

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not sure about purple lips. I was all over the orange lip bandwagon but I'm not sure how wearable colors like these are.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm NW15; brunette; green eyes. Purple tones look fine on me, as long as they're tempered with a hint of pink.
    In fact, I ordered "Boost" yesterday, when Illamasqua was running its 20% off promotion.
    I'm thinking maybe I can wear Boost over a lipstick like MAC Show Orchid, for drop-dead radiant orchid lips.
    Come on, spring!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment. Your lovely comments make my day. <3

Please avoid rude or inappropriate comments. Also, this is the comments section. No queries will be entertained unrelated to the post.

For queries, please write to info@sarahassansblog.com.

NOTE: Comments with LINKS will NOT be entertained. Thank you. :)