NYC Cheek Glow Powder Blush in ‘West Side Wine’ – Review & swatches

NYC Cheek Glow Powder Blush in ‘West Side Wine’ – Review & swatches

Wednesday, September 05, 2012 Sara Hassan , 20 Comments
Are you looking for a drugstore matte blusher? NYC Cheek Glow Blush could be the one -- read on to find out more.

NYC Cheek Glow Blush
New York Color Cheek Glow Blush will make your cheeks rosy red at a red-hot price. Just like love’s first blush. This cute blush powder compact provides sheer, natural-looking color to cheeks. Just sweep it on for a beautiful flush of color – then go out and find your perfect guy.

NYC Cheek Glow Powder Blush in ‘West Side Wine’
NYC Cheek Glow Powder Blush in ‘West Side Wine’
NYC Cheek Glow Powder Blush in ‘West Side Wine’
NYC Cheek Glow Powder Blush in ‘West Side Wine’ Swatch
NYC Cheek Glow Powder Blush in ‘West Side Wine’ (applied)
My thoughts
This color is super easy to pull off and should look good on just about anyone falling above dark medium skin-tone. West Side Wine doesn’t really look as I expected – as the name suggests, I imagined something very deep and plum-y.  It appears as a soft mauve on my medium skin tone and looks absolutely natural (for reference, I’m NC30 in MAC). I consider this to be a close dupe for Illamasqua Blusher in Naked Rose but that’s a bit blue-toned while West Side Wine has bit of a dusty tone to it.

I love the soft matte texture and how it doesn’t emphasize any flaws or pores on my face. For me, it’s an everyday blush. You can’t overdo the color even if you’re in a rush; believe me when I say it! No matter how much I apply, it always looks natural and pretty.

This blush requires a couple of swipes to make it prominent. Thankfully, the texture is soft and gets picked up on the brush but I’ve noticed a lot of powder fall out when I swirl the brush in the pan; this could be off-putting. I have experienced no blending issues with it. It doesn’t go patchy or cakey while you’re applying it; it applies quite sheer on first swipe but it's sure buildable. It feels very light on the skin, in fact it feels like you have nothing on your skin which is a plus. It doesn’t last all day though and begins to fade after four hours which is fairly good for a drugstore blusher.

There is a tiny brush included as a bonus but it’s totally worthless; first it’s very small and second it doesn’t transfer any color to the cheeks so I tossed it away. The packaging is flimsy but the size is pretty impressive however I do think the price is a bit steep here.

All things considered, it's a decent blusher but I like it because of the shade particularly. The other shades from the range too are quite wearable in my opinion. It gives a natural flush of color to the cheeks and you don’t have to worry about over-application. If you’re expecting great pigmentation on first swipe, you should look into Sleek MakeUP or NYX matte blushers.

You might like it if…
  • You’re looking for a drugstore matte blusher.
  • You expect decent pigmentation.
  • You don’t mind layering up.
  • You’re above dark medium skin tone.
  • You expect it to blend nicely.
  • You expect a decent wear.
  • You want a blush that’s non-comedogenic.
You might not like it if…
  • You have troubles with it showing up on your skin-tone.
  • You expect great pigmentation on first swipe.
  • You expect a long wear.
  • The powder fall out in the pan puts you off.
  • You think the price is steep.
My rating
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-O9jbySQmysE/TjGZpMw2fNI/AAAAAAAAB7I/Ko-Vs6_zLew/s1600/3.jpg
3/5

NYC Cheek Glow Powder Blush is priced PKR 700  and can be purchased online from Branded Cosmetics In Pakistan. Folks abroad can look for it at Walmart, Target or drugstore.com.

What do you think about it? Have you tried it?


PR sample(s) sent for review. This however has not affected my opinion at all. My loyalty is to my readers and being honest is my utmost responsibility. I have given my sincere opinion about the product(s) mentioned in the post. For more details, please go through my Disclosure Policy.

If you have any questions, you can have a look at FAQ or email me on info@sarahassansblog.com.

20 comments :

  1. i have this
    it gives a real natural blush :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice nice, what foundation you using ? pretty! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sehrish <3. I am wearing Catrice Infinite Matt Make Up :)

      Delete
  3. NYC is actually pretty cheap here! I think it looks so good on you! love how its almost like a highlight :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. They actually sell this in the Dollar Tree in my area so I picked it up. It doesn't show up on my skin at all. It looks gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This use to be my favorite blush in highschool

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so pretty and this shade looks so natural on your face.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that looks like a lovely natural colour!! And you look so flawless in that picture MashAllah :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. but it is looking so amazing on your checks

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have added this to my wishlist.you look so great.Love your complexion.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sara,
    I have been following your blog for a long time and I love it!
    I have just recently moved to Pakistan and I wanted to ask you a few questions
    1. Do you know if I can find Neutrogena products at Naheed Super Market?
    2. Is Carmex available in Pakistan?
    I am not sure if you will be able to answer these but you are the best person to ask.
    Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Maliha,

      I would love to answer your queries on email. As mentioned below, I do not reply to queries not related to the post in the comment section. Please email me on info@sarahassasnblog.com or use the contact form in the 'Contact Me' section. Thank you! :) xx

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the love and appreciation <3 ^_^

      Delete
  11. I've heard many great things about NYC, especially their famous bronzer in Sunny. I found a store that carries the brand here so I must drop by and check their product out. Great review as always xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty :) Would love it if Australia started stocking NYC. Have to keep stocking up everytime i travel to the states :(
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really want to try NYC products out, this look like a nice everyday blush!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment. Your lovely comments make my day. <3

Please avoid rude or inappropriate comments. Also, this is the comments section. No queries will be entertained unrelated to the post.

For queries, please write to info@sarahassansblog.com.

NOTE: Comments with LINKS will NOT be entertained. Thank you. :)