Sleek MakeUP Be Beautiful Blemish Balm – Review & swatches

Sleek MakeUP Be Beautiful Blemish Balm – Review & swatches

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 Sara Hassan , 14 Comments

BB creams are all the rage this year but unfortunately, most of them do not suit my skin type. Read more to find out if it works for me or not.

Be Beautiful Blemish Balm
This multi-tasking wonder balm can be used as a primer, tinted moisturiser or concealer. Build to provide medium to full coverage. Loaded with skin loving multi-vitamins, anti ageing properties and protein peptides that revitalises and nourishes and aids in skin repair. Vitamin C adds an extra boost to the skin for a healthy, glowing complexion, whilst the presence of Vitamin E protects the skin from early stages of UV damage, leaving skin youthful and luminous. Skin stays protected with SPF15, whilst jojoba oil soothes and moisturises for a flawless finish. Available in 4 shades to suit all skin tones.

Sleek MakeUP Be Beautiful Blemish Balm
Sleek MakeUP Be Beautiful Blemish Balm
Sleek MakeUP Be Beautiful Blemish Balm
Sleek MakeUP Be Beautiful Blemish Balm  Swatch
Sleek MakeUP Be Beautiful Blemish Balm -- Before and after application
My thoughts
I have a combination skin and my sister has an oily one so none of us can benefit from BB creams in general. Why? Because most of them are too moisturizing and feel rather greasy. I have yet to find one that works for my skin.

First of all, I think the shade 'light' doesn't match my NC30 skin tone. It appears slightly darker or shall I say somewhat dull on my skin. I am not sure if  this happens because of the neutral undertone of the product or simply because it doesn't match my complexion. It doesn't look completely off on me but as I said, my face appears dull when I wear this. However, I am really impressed with the coverage I get with it -- gives a medium coverage and can be built to give full if you would like.

Before I go further, let me tell you that this review is written from a combination/oily skin’s perspective. Sleek MakeUP Blemish Balm is no different than other BB creams in the market. I really like the texture and the finish but it’s just not meant for my skin type. The goods: It blends readily into skin, conceals minor blemishes, has SPF, makes skin look smooth and gives a flawless, natural-looking, dewy appearance. Yes dewy! Now the bad part: most of us love that glossy look (even I do) but the problem with almost all products that offer dewy appearance is a) feels greasy after a while and b) doesn’t remain on the skin for long. Now there’s another factor that adds to the misery and that’s weather. Karachi city is notorious for having a hot and humid climate almost all year round (winter is hardly here for two months). The humidity makes it very hard for any product to stay put on the skin and so is the case with this one. My skin turns from dewy to greasy after a couple of hours and I simply hate that.

All I am trying to say is that a good product can turn ugly if it doesn’t suit your skin or climatic conditions. BB creams are definitely not meant for combination/oily skins (most of them to be precise). So who’s it targeted to? Well that’s a no brainer; it’s for those who have dry to normal skin type. As for me, I think I’ll wait for winter and I am pretty sure it would work just fine.

You might like it it if...
  • You're looking for a product that gives you coverage, has SPF and moisturizer.
  • You have dry/normal skintype.
  • You expect it to conceal minor blemishes.
  • You don't like a cakey look and expect a natural-looking finish.
  • You dig dewy look.
You might not like it if...
  • You have combination/oily skintype.
  • You live in a hot and humid climate.
  • It makes your face greasy after a couple of hours.
  • You couldn't find a match.
My rating:
3.5/5

Sleek MakeUP Blemish Balm creams comes in a 50ml tube with a flip top lid. I like size and packaging, very convenient to travel with. The shade range is limited – comes in four shades only. It's priced $11.49 and can be purchased on Sleek MakeUP's website. They ship worldwide.

What do you think about this product? Have you tried it?


PR sample(s) sent for review. This however has not affected my opinion at all. My loyalty is to my readers and being honest is my utmost responsibility. I have given my sincere opinion about the product(s) mentioned in the post. For more details, please go through my Disclosure Policy.

If you have any questions, you can have a look at FAQ or email me on info@sarahassansblog.com.

14 comments :

  1. Nice review, I so want to try these BB creams but like you said, they are not meant for oily/combinaion skins:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i was waiting for its review.. so its not for me as i have oily skin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review sara, wish I had received the right shade.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so few BB creams that suit combination-oily skins and are as magical as their name. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in love with the shade Medium I don't know why hahah I'm a bit crazy like that, looks so nice and rich! :o Omg I want to be shade Medium! Too bad these don't suit oily to combination skin, I would have loved to buy one! :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to agree. I keep hearing about how great bb creams are and I can't even dare to try them. My skin is so acne prone, one wrong move and I ave to deal with spots all over my face for a month or so :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Luckily Leole BB cream worked for my combination to oily skin. I think BB creams is not everyone's job; they are making them as a foundation now.
    Great review, shade light suits you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wanted to jump onto the BB creams bandwagon and got a Skin79 one, but like you said, they're just not made for combination or oily skin. I dislike intently when the "deweyness" becomes greasy, ugh I just can't stand it. We do have quite harsh Winters (not Norwegian Winters, but still pretty cold) but the weather is mostly humid all year long and only on very rare occasions the BB cream has not turned my face into a mess. These Sleek BBs were so raved about even before they came out that I thought they were going to be something else. Thanks for the review, now I know better. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. To bad its so hard to get here in the us

    ReplyDelete
  10. hay I was searching for the review of this BB cream today and here it is, so may be it will suite me in the winters, in Islamabad my skin has already starting behaving dry...lolz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dear do review the factor of its being a primer...plzzzzzzzzzzz

      Delete
  11. I def agree, BB creams never really suit me but having a product with so many benefits tempts me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i owned some of bb creams but found them not for my skin type.. They turn extra oily which i hate...thanx for review

    ReplyDelete
  13. can i use it in winter as foundation??

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment. Your lovely comments make my day. <3

Please avoid rude or inappropriate comments. Also, this is the comments section. No queries will be entertained unrelated to the post.

For queries, please write to info@sarahassansblog.com.

NOTE: Comments with LINKS will NOT be entertained. Thank you. :)