Revlon ColorBurst Lipstick in 'Peach' – Review & swatches

Revlon ColorBurst Lipstick in 'Peach' – Review & swatches

Saturday, October 06, 2012 Sara Hassan , 24 Comments

Revlon ColorBurst lipsticks are so popular and raved about in the blogosphere. I am the kinda gal who never believes till I have actually seen it myself. So I have seen it now and guess what, I like it too.

ColorBurst Lipstick
  • Instant burst of rich, true color with a featherlight feel.
  • Elasticolor technology provides immediate color release and hugs lips with a burst of weightless color that feels like a second skin
Apply directly to lips for beautiful, high impact color. Can be worn with or without lipliner.

Revlon ColorBurst Lipstick in 'Peach'
Revlon ColorBurst Lipstick in 'Peach'
Revlon ColorBurst Lipstick in 'Peach'  (swatch)
Revlon ColorBurst Lipstick in 'Peach' (applied)
My thoughts
Peach, as the name suggests, is a soft peach with subtle golden sheen. This shade looks absolutely flattering and natural on my medium skin tone. It makes a lovely everyday color; wear it with plain black eyeliner and you're ready to go.

I like the packaging of the product – very simple and elegant. The formula is amazing. It applies creamy and doesn’t dry out my lips even after few hours. I wouldn’t call it a full coverage lipstick but it’s pigmented enough to cover the natural lip in a single swipe. I noticed that it has a slight scent which is barely noticeable. Good thing it doesn’t appear cakey on me because that’s what really bothers me about most lipsticks.

The wear time, aaah! That’s where most lipsticks fail for me. This one really didn’t fail but I wasn’t impressed either. I think it has a decent wear time. On my lips, it lasts for about two hours (not bad). I totally blame the shade for this because light shades tend to fade quickly on me than deep shades.

I gotta say I am pleased with it and would love to try more shades from the range.

You might like it if...
  • You like lipsticks that are moisturizing and creamy.
  • You find the shade flattering.
  • It doesn't accentuate your lip lines.
  • It doesn't dry out your lips.
  • You like how it fades evenly and has decent wear time.
You might not like it if...
  • You expect a long wear.
  • You expect full coverage.
My rating
3.5/5

Revlon ColorBurst Lipstick is priced PKR 850 and can be purchased online from Branded Cosmetics.

What do you think about it? Have you tried it?


PR sample(s) sent for review. This however has not affected my opinion at all. My loyalty is to my readers and being honest is my utmost responsibility. I have given my sincere opinion about the product(s) mentioned in the post. For more details, please go through my Disclosure Policy.

If you have any questions, you can have a look at FAQ or email me on info@sarahassansblog.com.

24 comments :

  1. Hello, your lips look sooooo beautiful in this color. I use Colorburst all the time, just love the shades and the formula, but since it does not stay for long, I use Loreal clear lip balm to lock it (and it works).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh looks like the perfect peach!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely wearable color, thanks for sharing <3
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice shade. so soft and subtle. Good for office use :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! Revlon sure has a great reputation in the blogosphere that I've noticed. Raves about the lip butters, the lip balm stains and the lipsticks too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup, creamy texture and barely noticeable smell ( i hate lipsticks with weird smells)..I have this one in Rosy Nude, Love it:))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this shade and it's my favorite shade, I love Revlon Color Burst lipsticks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's my all time fav shade thx for sharing !!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love revlon,recently bought a revlon nail polish,now will buy a lipstick,but at scentsation the revlon colorburst lipstick is of 950rs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ive the same shade but it lasts only for an hour or so on me. :( Nice review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey FAB, I use a lip liner underneath to increase the wear time. You can try that :) xx

      Delete
  11. Looks lovely! I love this line of Revlon lippies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All the popular coloburst lipstick shades are so difficult to find. This one has been on my list for ages. I agree the wear time isn't great but it's a lovely color!

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely colour and nice review :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey there... I like your reviews, & this 1 too. So, after reading this review, I gotta buy this peach colour lipstick(Revlon)... XoXo... <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have the same shade n i love it except the fact that its a bit sheer and not long lasting :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. OOPS forgot to mention. you've been tagged in my blog SARA. Do check it out <3<3

    ReplyDelete
  17. love Revlon lipsticks.. kindly mention the weight of every lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
  18. its such a lite color.the swatch looks like lipstick has a drying effect on lips.anyways great review as always

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have this shade too and absolutely love it since it moisturizes my lips, though the lasting power isn't great (but i don't mind re-applying). A must have peachy shade imo :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely colour . I'm surely gonna buy this one ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. As this lipstick is discontinued so suggest this peach shade in any other brand!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment. Your lovely comments make my day. <3

Please avoid rude or inappropriate comments. Also, this is the comments section. No queries will be entertained unrelated to the post.

For queries, please write to info@sarahassansblog.com.

NOTE: Comments with LINKS will NOT be entertained. Thank you. :)