Sigma Paris Makeup Palette Limited Edition – Review, swatches & a look!

Sigma Paris Makeup Palette Limited Edition – Review, swatches & a look!

Friday, October 12, 2012 Sara Hassan , 27 Comments

Sigma Paris palette is a beauty! Is it worth trying? Read more to find that out.

Paris Makeup Palette
The Limited Edition Paris Makeup Palette includes eight eye shadow colors inspired by landmark monuments and locations in Paris.  It also includes two blush colors and one highlight shade, carefully developed to complement all skin tones. The palette comes with two essential brushes for a flawless makeup application.

Brushes Included:
E55 - Eye Shading
F40 - Large Angled Contour

$59.00

Sigma Paris Makeup Palette Limited Edition
Sigma Paris Makeup Palette Limited Edition
Sigma Paris Makeup Palette Limited Edition
Sigma Paris Makeup Palette Limited Edition
Sigma Paris Makeup Palette Limited Edition (swatches)
Sigma Paris Makeup Palette Limited Edition (swatches)
A look done with Sigma Paris Makeup Palette Limited Edition
My thoughts
As you all know Paris Makeup Palette is a collaboration of Sigma and seven renowned YouTube Gurus who were sent to Paris to find an inspiration to create their very own shade. I’d be honest, at first glance I absolutely loved the whole package – eight eyeshadows, two blushers, a highlighter and two brushes, what more could you want? Even though the packaging seems beautiful and comes with a large mirror inside, I am not crazy about it. Just like previous Sigma palettes, it’s made of a cardboard; even tiny bit of fallout ruins the look of it. 

Let’s begin with the eye shadows. The colors are well thought out and truly reflect the romantic Paris theme. I am pleased with the decent color pay off and velvety smooth texture. They blend very well and you could create an array of looks with it. The pigmentation builds up much better over an eye shadow base so I suggest not skipping it. Also, I noticed that if I don’t prime my lid, the shadows won’t pack much pigment on the lid and I have to layer multiple times in order to get them as vibrant as seen in the pan. The base color begins to fade after a couple of hours (without a primer) and I’m only left with glitter chunks. Now my major complaint – noticeable fallout with every shade! Eifel, Orsay and Versailles are the most unforgiving in terms of glitter fallout. In addition to that,Versailles has a gritty texture. My favorite shades are Notre Dame, Elysees and Louvre.

Now coming to the blushers. They’re very wearable and I really love both the shades however they’re a bit sheer. I don’t think they’d show up quite well below medium skin tones. The wear time of Peche isn’t impressive; the color lasts for around three hours. Rouge lasts better comparatively. I like using them since they’re matte and add a natural pop of color to my cheeks which I love. As for the pearly pink highlighter Lumiere, it makes a fantastic highlighter but sadly doesn’t quite show up on me. The palette also houses two Sigma brushes; E55 and F40. I love E55 and it’s one of my very frequently used Sigma brushes. Large Angled Contour F40 isn’t my favorite; it’s soft but lacks enough density to pick up the color from this palette so it’s just lying packed.

Over all, Paris Makeup Palette is for someone looking for both wearable and fun shades in one palette. If you are a matte lover and can’t bear fallout, this is not for you. I love Sigma brushes but in my humble opinion, the eye shadows need some improvement.
  
You might like it if…
  • If you are into shimmery eye shadows
  • You expect a soft texture and buildable pigmentation
  • You expect easy blending
  • You fancy the whole package
  • You want soft & wearable matte blushers/highlighter
You might not like it if…
  • You skip using an eye shadow primer
  • You can’t bear eye shadow fallout
  • You expect the blush/highlighter to last longer
  • The blushers/highlighter don’t show up on you
  • You think it’s not travel-friendly
My rating
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-O9jbySQmysE/TjGZpMw2fNI/AAAAAAAAB7I/Ko-Vs6_zLew/s1600/3.jpg
3/5

Sigma Paris Makeup Palette Limited Edition is priced $59.00 and can be purchased online form Sigma's website. They ship worldwide.

What do you think about it? Love it or leave it?


PR sample(s) sent for review. This however has not affected my opinion at all. My loyalty is to my readers and being honest is my utmost responsibility. I have given my sincere opinion about the product(s) mentioned in the post. For more details, please go through my Disclosure Policy.

If you have any questions, you can have a look at FAQ or email me on info@sarahassansblog.com.

27 comments :

  1. nice review Sarah!! I love the e/s colors! esp the teal

    ReplyDelete
  2. When it came out, I thought of saving up and get it, just to support some of the youtubers that were involved in the project, but after reading multiple reviews and seen countless swatches it really isn't anything special. Besides it's quite expensive and there are more affordable options. I consider this a makeup collector's item, not a must have. Thanks a lot for your honest review Sarah, many overlook the fact that is made of cardboard and that it gets eventually ruined by the fall out. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also thought to buy this but then stopped for the same reasons as you did.

      Delete
  3. this is one of my new fave palettes! I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats beautiful but too pricey :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am in love with your work girl <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Palette looks great but the last three points will not allow me to like it. as i feel we cant wear eye primer every time, fall out irritates me alot and needs long lasting blushes give me life...

    So far, must say great review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh the most awaited review :D !!!
    omggg this palette looks soo gorgeousss *sigh* !! So much so that it over shadows the fall out part !

    ReplyDelete
  8. The look you came up with is stunning

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a refreshingly honest review!!! I love your e/l its awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the idea behind the palette.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a complete review Sara, well done!!!
    The first time I saw it, I thought it was wonderful, it contains almost everything you need for a full face make-up but, for me, the price and the fact that the box isn't "travel-friendly" make me to stop dreaming about it. :(
    P.s: I love the look you've created!!!
    Have a great week end
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Had the same minor problem as you do, which is the bits of Eiffel gets all around the area when it arrives. Makes the whole palette looks so messy. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sara!! You look gorgeous! Loved that eye look you did..pretty colors.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great palette! Your make-up is amazing, you look pretty beautiful! ♥
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. UNCANNY! I was JUST researching this palette last night and this morning! I wanted to know which is better, this palette or the Urban Decay Vice palette - any chance you could help with that, Sara? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Christine, I have two UD Palettes and all I can say is that they're really good. My friend bought UD Vice some days ago and she totally loves it! :)

      Delete
    2. UD Vice it is! The fallout/low staying power from the Paris palette is off-putting. Thanks heaps Sara! :)

      Delete
  16. the colors r so exotic and the names of shades very tasteful.i am drooling on this palette lolz. Expensive hai bs
    great review

    ReplyDelete
  17. i was really thinkin of buying this one, but after reading this i think i wont, thanx for the honest review <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aww the look is so romantic looking :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. *sigh* I so wanted it cuz Xteeener (one of my favourite gurus) was involved in the collaboration, but I guess I'll pass. Thank you for your honest opinions, Sara :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. There was much rave about this one but I am not sure that won't be an intelligent pick considering the cons.
    Nice, helpful review.
    Seems like u stopped reading ma blog. Would love to have you around. Always a pleasure to get a comment from you.
    Love!! love!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. aww that so cute and lovely kit i just love it but its quite expensive for me but like its price the quality is high and very high pigmantaion and your look is very outstanding

    ReplyDelete
  22. i love the swatches, and look created is just awesome...love it
    btw palette is quite expensive

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your cat-eye... PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  24. amazing!!! beautiful, perfect look :)) I love your work Sara :)))

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment. Your lovely comments make my day. <3

Please avoid rude or inappropriate comments. Also, this is the comments section. No queries will be entertained unrelated to the post.

For queries, please write to info@sarahassansblog.com.

NOTE: Comments with LINKS will NOT be entertained. Thank you. :)