Budget Beauty: Best Makeup Buys Under Rs.1000

Budget Beauty: Best Makeup Buys Under Rs.1000

Saturday, November 24, 2012 Sara Hassan , 27 Comments

I have tried so many products this year; with this post I want to highlight the BEST budget makeup buys of the year under Rs.1000.

First up is Catrice Gel Eyeliner in Jack Black with Black Jack. I can't say enough good things about this product. I totally love it! Without a doubt, it's one of the best drugstore gel liners out there. It's easy on the pocket plus it doesn't dry up in the pot so quickly; it's almost been five months since I started using it and it's still fresh which is incredible. The only downside to it is that it's a real pain remove it. You need to have a good makeup remover to get rid of it entirely. Apart from that, it's a winner! If you can't find it in stores near you, you purchase it online from BeautyArena.pk

Next, we have Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer. It's been my best friend this year. I am just about to begin with my second tube. It might not be suitable for winter because it sets to a matte finish but I moisturize my under eye area to deal with that. It's not available in stores but you can get it online from Wishlist.

AVON SuperShock Mascara is my next favorite of the year. I got it on a great bargain from Dhanak and since then it's been my go-to mascara. It coats my lashes very neatly and gives them a good amount of volume and length. I suggest giving it a shot when it's on a half-price deal.

Up next is NYX Mega Shine Lip gloss. I have only tried one of the shades and it's fantastic. The range is huge, pigmentation is amazing and most of all it lasts pretty well. Even though the shade I have settles into my lip lines (when used alone) I still love to wear it over lipsticks. It's available online on many Facebook stores.

Color Studio Professional Pro Blush is hands down one of the best drugstore blushers I've tried to date. I've four of them and they're the most frequently used blushers in my stash. They're pigment packed with a velvety soft texture that blends in seamlessly. The longevity isn't amazing but for the price, you couldn't ask for more. Not to mention, I find all the shades to be very flattering for Pakistani skin tones.

Luscious Cosmetics Signature Lipstick is worth checking out! I got it  in Buff Pink which is super pretty and wearable. Even though the range comprises of 16 soft matte and shimmer shades, I see a lot of repetition but the color palette is safe and would look good on about any skin tone. The best thing about it is that it stays put for a long time and I just need a mid-day touch up. This is your best shot at getting a purse-friendly long lasting lipstick in stores near you. You can also get them online on Luscious Cosmetics website.

Last but definitely not the least, the beloved MUA Heaven and Earth Palette. It's available on Just4girls where it sells like hot cakes! This palette is an absolute must have because it's wearable and super-cheap for the quality. Try it and you'd know what I mean.

So that's all folks! I hope you find this post helpful. Don't forget to read complete reviews on the individual products.

Would love to know your favorite products under 1000!

27 comments :

  1. This lipstick is my must have! :) Beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME list! I have the Luscious lipstick in Raspberry and Audacious Orange and I cant agree more with what you said :D And the Catrice eye liner has been out of stock at Naheed for ages! I blame your review :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks Sara ^^ I've been very interested in MUA products but decided to try Sleek first and so far I'm not disappointed : ) When looking for a review of the brand was when I first found your blog and you recommended getting the Oh So Special instead of the Au Naturel and I must say I'm glad I made that choice, that palette (OSS) is amazing. I couldn't resist trying out more so I think I'm set for now on eyeshadows (as if I wasn't already LOL). Talk to you later xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww.. Thank you so much for always appreciating. It means a lot! ^_^

      Delete
  4. Nice list :) I will try Luscious lipsticks very soon , I haveread so many good reviews about them

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was very helpful, love the idea of this post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wish the catrice and colorstudio products were available in India!!i went ahead n got myself the heaven n earth palette right after i saw ur review...its amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some great picks. I love the Collection 2000 Concealer and the MUA Heaven & Earth eyeshadow palette. I'll definitely have to check out the Avon mascara and the Catrice eyeliner :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great products <3 Thanks for sharing Sara!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sara I have dark under eye circles and I use stick foundation to cover them up. My complexion is light medium and I am not at all good at buying the perfect concealer for my eyes what do you suggest?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Glam, you can check out Kryolan Color Corrector Paint Stick 303. It's an orange corrector that works well for very dark circles. Apply an even layer under your eyes followed by your regular foundation and let me know if it works for you :)

      Delete
  10. Love all of your picks! Couldnt agree with you more

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sara thanx for such a post dear do u consider MUA heaven and earth palette better than undressed? I know no one can beat ur love for NAKED:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I haven't yet tried Undressed but I'm sure it would be good. MUA Heaven & Earth has more wearable shades I believe :)

      Delete
  12. Hello Sara,
    I loved this post of yours and also found it very helpful although I do have 2 questions
    1. I read your blog post about those blushes and just wanted to ask that would the shade "Pixie Pink" show up on my medium to dark skintone? I am an NC45 for reference.
    2. Does the Catrice line work for the water line?
    Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Maliha, thanks for appreciating <3

      Pixie Pink would look very natural perfect for everyday on your skin tone. You could look into Pinkify if you require intensity. As for the gel liner, it works on the water line too :)

      Delete
  13. sara you should also artdeco cream concealers!!! omg! ther are amazing, i bought it first after reading glossicious review some years ago and believe me, i have been stuck on that one comcealer even since!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sara do u prefer Catrice gel liner or Belle ME?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My rating says it all! :) (Catrice got 5 on 5)

      Delete
  15. Need to get my hands on Collections 2000 concealer! Such a difficult find!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi sara thank u for ur post it really helps.but as just4girls is not available right now so can u suggest me any other site to buy mua earth and heaven or undress me in india. Pls

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment. Your lovely comments make my day. <3

Please avoid rude or inappropriate comments. Also, this is the comments section. No queries will be entertained unrelated to the post.

For queries, please write to info@sarahassansblog.com.

NOTE: Comments with LINKS will NOT be entertained. Thank you. :)