E.L.F. Studio Lip Exfoliator – Review

E.L.F. Studio Lip Exfoliator – Review

Monday, January 28, 2013 Sara Hassan , 19 Comments

Can ELF Lip Exfoliator rescue your dry chapped lips? Let’s find that out!

Studio Lip Exfoliator
Gently exfoliate lips to remove dry, chapped skin with our Lip Exfoliator! A sweet sugar and smoothing sensation, infused with Vitamin E, Shea Butter, Avocado, Grape and Jojoba Oils to nourish and protect. This Lip Exfoliator treats and smoothes lips for a conditioned and revitalized feel.

Directions:
Apply to clean, damp lips and massage in a circular motion to exfoliate. Use a moistened cotton pad with water to gently wipe away scrub. Follow with a lip balm or gloss to condition.

$3.00

ELF Studio Lip Exfoliator
ELF Studio Lip Exfoliator

My thoughts
I don’t typically have dry lips but I do struggle with flakiness on the outer bottom lip in winter. It’s a pain to get on an even lipstick application over chapped lips so I never skip lip balm but at times even that’s not enough. I suppose some of you may be in the habit of exfoliating your lips with DIY sugar scrubs but as far as I’m concerned, I’m just too lazy to make my own. I rather use my regular facial scrub around the lip line to slough away the dead layer. Mind you, it doesn’t taste so good besides it’s also very time consuming. This lip exfoliator is a quick fix for dry lips to say the least.

The product comes in a standard black casing that doesn't look cheap. The exfoliator itself has a solid feel to it; not soft or bendy as one would expect. I’m guessing it would last quite a while. Apparently, it looks like sand paper with some closely spaced beads to get the exfoliation going. I also like that it comes in a stick form so my hands stay clean. Not to mention, it tastes deh-licious. Good enough to lick off your lips! I actually do that, no kidding.

I follow the directions mentioned and I have to say, it works! I apply it over my damp lips like it says and scrub gently in a circular motion for a minute or two. Too long at one time or pressing on too hard will make your lips raw so be careful. For much easier application, what I do is that I roll my lips inwards to flatten the skin and that really helps. It leaves tiny granules over the lip that needs to be wiped off afterwards. The results? Smooth flake-free lips. I wouldn’t say it leaves my lips greatly moisturized as I expect from it however I can feel a bit of conditioning. I believe it’s a great product to use before applying lipstick if you want to steer clear of patchy coverage.

Overall, for the price, it's a good product. I use it every other day and I can see the difference it has made however my only gripe is that it doesn't condition so well as I would want it to.
Tip: Crush the product a little with your nail if it feels hard. I tried that, it works better that way.

You might like it if...
  • You're looking for a pocket-friendly lip scrub
  • You want a quick fix for dry lips before lipstick application
  • You expect a pleasant taste/scent
  • You find it travel friendly
You might not like it if...
  • It feels too harsh/hard for your liking
  • You expect it to moisturize your lips well
My rating
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-k9pvc7-MFlg/Ti7Ey2nCQdI/AAAAAAAAB5A/vAOA9RcLgyE/s1600/4.jpg 
4/5

ELF Studio Lip Exfoliator is priced PKR 699 and can be purchased online at BeautyInBudget4u. Folks abroad can purchase from ELF's website, Target and BeautyJoint.com.

What do you think about it? Have you tried it?


PR sample(s) sent for review. This however has not affected my opinion at all. My loyalty is to my readers and being honest is my utmost responsibility. I have given my sincere opinion about the product(s) mentioned in the post. For more details, please go through my Disclosure Policy.

If you have any questions, you can have a look at FAQ or email me on info@sarahassansblog.com.

19 comments :

  1. This is a pretty good product. Tasty too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks promising surly gna give it a try. thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks really good! I have the body shop one that comes in a container, I hate dipping my finger in so I like this stick form a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Review sara <3 Thanks For sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh good.i thought about buying it but then i just mix sugar n olive oil and use it as body plus lip scrub before bath.Messy,yes,but feels great.This exfoliate will surely make things easier when one is not in spa mood.thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of those products which you just have to buy out of curiosity. I bought the Lush bubblegum scrub because the idea for it being edible excited me. This seems interesting as it's the first stick lip exfoliator I've seen. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great review! I loved reading that "good enough to lick off your lips" part, I do the same with my Lip Balms LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like a sugar scrub but other ones, like the LUSH ones are so expensive and actually kind of pain in the butt to use - one in stick form seems so much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't bought this yet, but I think I will after seeing so many positive reviews on it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks really good!!!! Worth give a shot in my opinion xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This lipstick is very interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This seems like an interesting product. The way how I do quick exfoliation in my lips is to wet my lips and rub them lightly with my towel, has always worked for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow I'd really love to try that, lip scrubs are a mess lol!

    ReplyDelete
  14. sounds like an impressive product!! Thanks for the review Sara!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't seen a lip scrub in a tube form before, it sure beats using my fingers and getting messy, currently I use the Lush Sweet Lips Scrub.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment. Your lovely comments make my day. <3

Please avoid rude or inappropriate comments. Also, this is the comments section. No queries will be entertained unrelated to the post.

For queries, please write to info@sarahassansblog.com.

NOTE: Comments with LINKS will NOT be entertained. Thank you. :)