Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in 'Lovesick' – Review & swatches

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in 'Lovesick' – Review & swatches

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 Sara Hassan , 34 Comments

I see everyone singing praises to Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains. Does it live up to the hype? Let's find out.

Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain
It’s a pampering balm fused with a lightweight lipstain in an adorable chubby crayon. Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain gives softer, smoother lips with a perfect flush of color that lasts hour after hour. The gel formula comes in 12 vibrant shades that match any look or mood.
  • Lightweight Lipstain + Moisturizing Balm
  • 100% of women who tried it felt their lips were instantly moisturized with a soft stain of color
  • Retractable chubby crayon, no sharpener required

 Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in 'Lovesick'
 Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in 'Lovesick'
 Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in 'Lovesick'
 Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in 'Lovesick' -- swatch
 Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in 'Lovesick' -- applied
My thoughts
Dang! This shade is fire – oh-so bright, my eyes hurt. Yes, I am overwhelmed by the pigmentation and brightness of this shade. It shows up exactly how it’s shown in the advertisement however, the shade appears much cooler and more like fuchsia pink and looks amazing against my skin. I see some duo chrome happening in there – looks like purple – and there’s some fine shimmer too. I don’t really apply it to its full intensity for the reason that it appears a bit too bold which I'm not so keen on for everyday. What I actually do is that I apply it lightly and blot with a tissue so a nice pink stain is left behind. Not to mention, it glides onto my lips effortlessly and keeps them feeling smooth. 

I really adore the packaging; it’s retractable and doesn’t need any sharpening. Even though it claims to act as a moisturizing balm, it doesn't do well in that department. Sure it hydrates my lips on application but that doesn’t last long. My lips stay moisturized for an hour after which the balm wears off. The stain however fares pretty well; it lasts up to three hours on me and fades evenly which is truly impressive. I love the tingling and minty feeling that I get on application though for some, it might be a turn off.

Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains are considered cheaper alternatives for the famous Clinique Chubby Sticks. I can't compare as I haven't tried them but I still think the Balm Stains won't let you down.

You might like it if…
  • You expect good pigmentation
  • You like the minty scent and the tingly feeling on application
  • You expect smooth application
  • This particular shade last for hours on your lips
You might not like it if…
  • You expect it to keep your lips hydrated for hours
  • The minty scent puts you off
  • The shade doesn’t suit your skin tone
My rating
4.5/5

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain is priced PKR 1499 and can be purchased online from Shopaholic. Folks abroad can get these from Ulta and Target.

What do you think about it? Have you tried it?


PR sample(s) sent for review. This however has not affected my opinion at all. My loyalty is to my readers and being honest is my utmost responsibility. I have given my sincere opinion about the product(s) mentioned in the post. For more details, please go through my Disclosure Policy.

If you have any questions, you can have a look at FAQ or email me on info@sarahassansblog.com.

34 comments :

  1. oh ! I sooo neeed this now !!!!! The lip butters were not that much pigmented.. this one scores ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am satisfied by your rating... this is no doubt an amazing pick Sara... I am a biggest fan of this amazing lip balm..and this color is looking so good on your lips

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the color now a days iam in love with this color

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Review! I like the shade Romantic from this range, will pick up whenever get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wao so cool n bright shade looks lovely on you :) n its great to hear from you that it fades evenly :) bcz i have maybelline colorstay lipstick which start fading from the middle of my lips arghhhhhhhh i purchased that without looking any review :( so i deserve that :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this and I love it:) such a gorgeous shade:))
    nice review as always:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too agree on the moisturising part:) but not a pblm for a lippie freak like me who reapplies lippies every now and then:))

    ReplyDelete
  8. This has been on my wishlist for so so long! I did, however, expect this to last longer since it's a stain but 3 hours makes me think again. Maybe it's the darker colors that last longer. I wouldn't know but I must try to find out :p Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sarah hope you are doing good hun.. I loved the color.. and loved your photography too.. such crystal clear pictures...

    Thumbs up to you.. :)

    Regards,
    Dipti

    ReplyDelete
  10. These kissable lip stain, Im dying to get my hands on <3 Such lovely shade.. thanks for sharing xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these lip balmstains! I cant get enough of Honey

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have it, too and I love it! ♥
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need this in my life thanks for wonderful review.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Clinique 's chubby stick is better and long-lasting as well !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks a lot like Clinique's chubby sticks

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have a few of these and love them! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow this color looks so good on you.So,these don't dry the lips.I will def buy them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is one amazing product!! i sure must say that revlon has never let me down!! i have it in sweetheart and i just dap it lightly on my lips to give them that amazing flush of pink!! so so love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are a little expensive for the amount of product we get in it but I'm very curious about trying these as everyone seems to love them. The shade you have looks a lot like a softer version for MAC's Girl About Town. xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are my go to lip products since I got them ESP honey . I have this shade too and it's beautiful . I loveeeee the minty scent

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow wow wow This is so beautiful :) Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a prettyyy shade! I am going to get this and wear all spring. :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Like Marib, I do think these are a tad pricey but I would love to give it a shot after seeing such rave reviews! Great post! xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. I used it in the shade smitten ... i love my stain the pigmentation is awesome and it is buildable but it really dries up my lips like super dooper dry but i'd go through the pain because the hue it gives to my lips is just AH-mazing.....

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love this. I never thought this shade could look good on my skin but I fell in love instantly the first time I tried it on.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Adding to wishlist right now. As always your review was bang on

    ReplyDelete
  27. i loved the MUA power pout ! much cheaper as compared to this, and i find them better for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I have lovesick too and im in love with it.

    ReplyDelete
  29. is it available in any nude shade? i dont like that much colour

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment. Your lovely comments make my day. <3

Please avoid rude or inappropriate comments. Also, this is the comments section. No queries will be entertained unrelated to the post.

For queries, please write to info@sarahassansblog.com.

NOTE: Comments with LINKS will NOT be entertained. Thank you. :)