Color Studio Professional Invincible All Day Water Proof & Heat Proof Powder – Review & swatches

Color Studio Professional Invincible All Day Water Proof & Heat Proof Powder – Review & swatches

Friday, March 15, 2013 Sara Hassan , 21 Comments

I never ever go anywhere without putting foundation on. But then, I have my lazy days too you know, days when I want minimal coverage; that too within seconds.

Invincible All Day Water Proof & Heat Proof Powder
A new conception of Make-up: An infallible waterproof powder with the plus of being water - repellent, humidity resistant, perfect under the sun and during physical activity. The delicate and velvety formulation takes care of the skin guaranteeing an exceptional anti-aging and anti oxidant action

Actives and Claim: Liposoluble white the extract with anti-aging and anti-oxidant.

Color Studio Professional Invincible All Day Water Proof & Heat Proof Powder
Color Studio Professional Invincible All Day Water Proof & Heat Proof Powder
Color Studio Professional Invincible All Day Water Proof & Heat Proof Powder
Color Studio Professional Invincible All Day Water Proof & Heat Proof Powder in Beige -- swatch
Color Studio Professional Invincible All Day Water Proof & Heat Proof Powder in Beige -- Application
My thoughts
For me, this product works wonderfully for those languid times when I want quick and easy makeup without putting too much effort. I have been using it religiously for a few weeks and surprisingly, I have almost hit pan on it – makes me twinge saying that.

The product comes in a standard packaging – nothing fancy. It has a mirror and comes with a powder puff inside; I find it travel-friendly. I am using ‘Beige’ which has got yellow undertones to it. It suits my fair medium skin – NC30 for reference – just fine. The invincible powder boasts of being water and heat proof. I have a combination skin and my face tends to get oily around the nose, forehead and chin. While the humid summer is yet to hit Karachi, I actually believe it helps keep my face shine-free, if not truly matte, throughout the day. And, it's not truly water-proof however it doesn't sweat off in minor humidity. The product provides light coverage and it doesn’t hide blemishes so you can’t skip a concealer if you’re planning on wearing it alone. It’s got a soft and velvety texture that glides smoothly on the skin. It also comes with a powder puff that I recommend using if you wish to wear it on its own. Reason? Because the puff packs on the product really well compared to a brush. Over a liquid foundation, I advise using with a brush so it doesn’t make your face cakey.

I have seen that it has a tendency to highlight dryness so I strongly suggest putting on a moisturizer beforehand. Does it keep oily at bay? Well, it’s true to some extent but honestly, you can’t keep oil from coming altogether. However it does control shine and like I said earlier, it keeps my face looking fresh without looking like a greasy mess all through the day. On me, it keeps the shine away for good three hours and after that, I can see some shine peeking through which is fine by me.

I like to wear it alone with concealer applied underneath. I don’t fancy a powdery face so I always spritz rose water over it for a fresh, natural look. The price seems a bit steep which is a turn off but overall, I really like it and I might purchase another soon as I run out of it.

You might like it if…
  • You are looking for an everyday powder foundation that offers light coverage
  • You have normal/combination/oily skin type
  • It doesn’t clog pores
  • You think its travel-friendly
  • It keeps you shine-free
  • It doesn't sweat off in minor humidity
You might not like it if…
  • It emphasizes any dryness on your skin
  • It doesn’t hide blemishes and you need to apply a concealer
  • You think it’s pricey
  • You expect it to be water-proof
My rating
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-k9pvc7-MFlg/Ti7Ey2nCQdI/AAAAAAAAB5A/vAOA9RcLgyE/s1600/4.jpg 
4/5

Color Studio Professional Invincible All Day Water Proof & Heat Proof Powder comes with a price tag of PKR 1250 and can be purchased from leading stores nationwide. You could also purchase it online from BeautyArena.pk or Just4girls.pk. Catch Color Studio Professional on Facebook to stay updated.

What do you think about it? Have you tried it yet?


PR sample(s) sent for review. This however has not affected my opinion at all. My loyalty is to my readers and being honest is my utmost responsibility. I have given my sincere opinion about the product(s) mentioned in the post. For more details, please go through my Disclosure Policy.

If you have any questions, you can have a look at FAQ or email me on info@sarahassansblog.com.

21 comments :

  1. i need this powder in my life for the hot summers when my face becomes an oil factory

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you had to choose between this or Rimmel's stay matte, which one would you choose?

    I've been religiously using rimmels but its not as long lasting as I would like it to be that is why I am thinking of switching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Madiha, I use both for different purposes. I use the Rimmel one in 'Transparent' for setting my foundation while this one I use on its own for light coverage. Since my skin isn't oily, I can't really say how well would it last on oily skin type but on me, it stays put all through my working day (around five to six hours) xx

      Delete
  3. sounds pretty impressive! Great review sara!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sara do you like this better than Luscious pressed powder? I have been using Luscious one and it's doing a great job for my oily skin, I'm tempted to try this product but want to be sure that it's better than my current one as the price difference is quite noticeable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Zubia, the Luscious one is slightly better in terms of oil control and coverage as well when used wet. :)

      Delete
  5. hi. i m a big fan of ur blog. Recently i watched a drama "neeli shirt kay do button" on Hum tv. The girl in this drama resembles u alot.

    Was it u?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Shehla, thank you for appreciating - means a lot!! ^_^

      No, it wasn't me. :D

      Delete
  6. I reviewed this product a few days back and I cannot agree with you more. By reading this post I am feeling like we have exactly same skin type and shade. =D

    I don't know why but all three new products; Matt Perfection, Stick Foundation and this product enhances dryness on the skin. I think CSP should work on their formula a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Sahrish! I think the new foundation launches by CSP cater to combination/oily skin types more as they all offer a matte finish which keeping in mind the general climate of Pakistan, is a good step. But then again, there should be something for dry skin types too. Hopefully they will work on it :) xx

      Delete
  7. I think I'll be getting it for the summers, something like this that can last this long on a hot summer's day is great for the oilies! Great review. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. i don't like this one much.great post.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks great, i want to try this now :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. its good but i am having problem with its settle ment with the HD stick u know and besides using it with a moisturiser it doest support me with ma dark circles... i gues i also need some help with the foundation and its mixin with powder on skin ...:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd stick to Rimmel Stay Matte mainly because I love the coverage that provides but this surely works better than my expectations! Color Studio is quickly coming out with a full range of impressive face range at great prices! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. AOA Sara! i wanna buy luscious velvet matte powder...is it pressed powder??{confirming:-)}..
    i ve wheatish complexion...almost same as yours..it is available in 5 undertones..pink undertone,for fair skin tones,for fair to medium skin tones,for warm beige skin tones......which 1 i should buy???
    plz guide
    regards

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to buy a powder which gives a fairer look should i go for silk beige or transparent one ??

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment. Your lovely comments make my day. <3

Please avoid rude or inappropriate comments. Also, this is the comments section. No queries will be entertained unrelated to the post.

For queries, please write to info@sarahassansblog.com.

NOTE: Comments with LINKS will NOT be entertained. Thank you. :)