Avon Ideal Flawless Loose Powder – Review & swatches

Avon Ideal Flawless Loose Powder – Review & swatches

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 Sara Hassan , 16 Comments
This product has stayed too long in pending review status. I got this earlier in winter which I think wasn’t the right time to share my opinion about it. Keep reading to find out more!

Ideal Flawless Loose Powder
Super-silky, fine-textured powder conceals imperfections and provides a flawless matte finish. Blends well and won’t settle into lines. Sheer coverage.

Available in 10 shades
Avon Ideal Flawless Loose Powder
Avon Ideal Flawless Loose Powder
Avon Ideal Flawless Loose Powder
Avon Ideal Flawless Loose Powder
Avon Ideal Flawless Loose Powder in Light Medium -- swatch
My thoughts
I haven’t previously tried any of Avon foundations but after having tried this, I want to. Before I underline the good points, I should mention that I don’t use it alone; I use it as a finishing powder on top of my foundation. On its own, it fails to provide any coverage so it doesn’t conceal any imperfections as it says. In addition to that, it also boasts a super-silky texture which I believe is true. This is the main thing that has impressed me. I don’t have much experience with loose powders but this one seems extremely finely milled and cushiony soft to the touch.

I have it in shade ‘Light Medium’ which is a good match for my skin tone (NC 30 in MAC). It has yellow undertones to it so it doesn’t appear ashy or unnatural. I apply it with a large powder brush and I’ve never seen it cake up or settle into lines. It’s lightweight, blends in flawlessly and doesn’t add an extra layer on top of my foundation so it doesn't make the skin feel suffocated. Since it’s a mattifying powder, it’s suitable for combination to oily skins. It locks everything in place and helps extend the wear of my makeup. I wouldn’t say it keeps me shine-free all day but it does take care of my T-zone for good four hours. It comes in a huge jar with a screw top lid that closes securely so you can tuck it in your purse for touch-ups during the day but forget about the puff as it's useless.

Overall, I’m happy with this product. The one thing that could improve is the coverage. It comes in ten shades which is pretty good. You don't have to worry about not finding yourself a match since there are shades for deeper skin tones as well. Thank you Avon for that! If your skin is oily and you’re looking for a setting powder that would go well with your skin tone and maintain a natural look, Ideal Flawless Loose Powder is worth checking out.

You might like it if...
  • You have normal/combination/oily skin type
  • You expect a silky-soft finely milled texture
  • You expect it to mattify
  • You use it as a finishing powder
  • You're happy with the packaging & quantity  
You might not like it if...
  • You expect it to conceal any imperfections
  • You have a dry skin type/it emphasizes dry spots
My rating
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-k9pvc7-MFlg/Ti7Ey2nCQdI/AAAAAAAAB5A/vAOA9RcLgyE/s1600/4.jpg 
4/5

Avon Ideal Flawless Loose Powder can be purchased online at Wishlist for PKR 1500.

What do you think about it? Have you tried it yet?


PR sample(s) sent for review. This however has not affected my opinion at all. My loyalty is to my readers and being honest is my utmost responsibility. I have given my sincere opinion about the product(s) mentioned in the post. For more details, please go through my Disclosure Policy.

If you have any questions, you can have a look at FAQ or email me on info@sarahassansblog.com.

16 comments :

  1. Looks great! Love loose powders, they give such a flawless finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love loose powders but theyre such a hasslemfor on the go, therefore i stick with pressed ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wooww Sara!!! Now that is something I'd love to try it out. Looks super good for my my oily skin. Would def give it a try , thanks for sharing love xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really a big fan of loose powder.... good review

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not into loose powders I dont know y....But suddenly this atrracts me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the review Sara! I have never tried Avon powders but this one looks tempting! I currently use Mac's Skinfinish Natural in Medium Plus without foundation which I believe provides great coverage. I also use it over my foundation on the rare occasions that I do wear foundation but it looks slightly cakey. Will have to give this a try :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is something I'd really like to try, although dealing with loose powders is a bit tricky and I have messed up with my previous loose finishing powder quite a lot! ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must say your reviews are really helpful for us! :) Can you suggest which foundation will work best for oily skin and gives medium to full coverage?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the lovely words Afrin ^_^

      Well, you could try Bourjois 123 perfect foundation. Color Studio Pro Luminous foundation or Catrice Infinite Matt Makeup for your oily skin. All three of them provide medium coverage; perfect for everyday and special occasions.

      If you ask me, I absolutely love Bourjois 123 perfect.

      Delete
  9. im not a big fan of loose powders, the mess they make on spillage irks me a lot! i like the yellow toned color of this though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Sara, please recommend some other setting powder or loose powder for matt finish, because AVON is difficult, I can't choose my shade online.

    Please help, I'm hating summers. Thank you, and love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey RKB, you can try Rimmel Stay Matt Pressed Powder in Transparent. Thanks for appreciating! :) xx

      Delete
  11. Hi Sara, I've read many of your posts and they're VERY helpful:) will def give this product a try.. Could u plz do a review on Avon Ideal flawless invisible coverage foundation spf 15??

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hiiiii does this work well under flash photography?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am afraid, I haven't test that yet so can't say for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment. Your lovely comments make my day. <3

Please avoid rude or inappropriate comments. Also, this is the comments section. No queries will be entertained unrelated to the post.

For queries, please write to info@sarahassansblog.com.

NOTE: Comments with LINKS will NOT be entertained. Thank you. :)