Drugstore Pressed Powders For Combination/Oily Skin

Drugstore Pressed Powders For Combination/Oily Skin

Saturday, April 06, 2013 Sara Hassan , 29 Comments

Generally speaking, pressed or compact powders are considered to be good options for combination to oily skin types especially in summer as they help you carry a natural, lightweight matte look for most part of the day. But of course, oil-control is something relative which also depends on the climate around you. If you live somewhere where it’s practically hot and humid all year round, you might need to touch-up a couple of times during the day to keep it looking fresh all the way through. For me, a pressed powder is my first choice when I feel like wearing minimal makeup or on those lazy days I just dab some concealer, put on the powder and I’m good to go! If you feel that it gets cakey or powdery, don't worry because you can fix it quickly with e.l.f Studio Mist & Set spray which too is dirt cheap.

Hopefully, this post will help you if you don’t want to shell out a lot of cash on high-end compact powders and you’re at a loss on which ones to look into. If you’ve personally tried any pressed powder and found it to be suitable for combination/oily skin, feel free to share it with us in the comments down below. 





Color Studio Professional Invincible All Day Water Proof & Heat Proof Powder 

Shades: 4
Coverage: Sheer to Light






Maybelline Dream Matte Pressed Powder

Shades: 4
Coverage: Light to Medium





Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder 

Shades: 7
Coverage: Sheer to Medium











Luscious Cosmetics Flawless Finish Powder + Foundation

Shades: 6
Coverage: Light to Medium









Neutrogena Healthy Skin Pressed Powder 

Shades: 4
Coverage: Sheer to Medium







Avon Ideal Flawless Pressed Powder

Shades: 10
Coverage: Sheer to Light









Diana Of London 2 Way Pan Cake Wet & Dry 

Shades: 6
Coverage: Light to Medium








Cover Girl Simply Powder Foundation

Shades: 9
Coverage: Light to Medium






L.A. Colors Pressed Powder 

Shades:7
Coverage: Light to Medium






Maybelline PureStay Powder Foundation SPF 15

Shades: 4
Coverage: Light to Medium





Milani Even-Touch Powder Foundation

Shades:10
Coverage: Light to medium









Which is your favorite compact powder?



Image courtesy: Google images & respective websites

29 comments :

  1. Great and helpful post! You missed out Luscious Pressed powder and Karaja's Compact powder. Incase you haven't tried those, you should, you will love them. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite powder is Rimmel's Stay Matte. HANDS DOWN. I've been using it for the longest time now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice.. which one powder do you recommend the most for oily skins?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could perhaps try Maybelline Dream Matte Pressed Powder. :)

      Delete
  4. That's a nice round up! L'Oreal True Match Pressed Powder is pretty good too. Although I hate the older version of Luscious Compact Pressed Powder, so yellow & powdery, I hope this new version is better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybelline pure stay was my first foundation ever then I switched to Maybelline dream matte mousse for few years both worked very wel for me.im using Rimmel stay matte these days and it's wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your picks sara and I completey agree with you on your choices, I have yet to try the Dream Matte and its been on my list for a while, also the ELF mattifying powder. The Loreal True match is a keeper, you should give a go sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sidrah! I want to try Dream Matte. I see everyone raving about it. Want to try True Match too! :)

      Delete
  7. WELL THE ESSENCE MATTIFYING COMPACT POWDER IS RALLEY AWESOME AND SUPER CHEAP!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im such a fan of Rimmels stay matte.. But another one that i realllly like is maybellines fit me compact!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great and wise picks I must say.For the most oily skin,prone to break outs Diana of london works the best.As it can be used wet or dry,this increases the coverage too.It looks smooth and natural even on my troubled skin with open pores.I am so happy to see that you recommend it too.I will try Luscious next.ELF mist is so on my wishlist now :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love body shop pressed powder...great for combination skin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Neutrogena's Healthy Skin's Pressed Powder is amazing! Especially if you want some oil-control & a light-medium, natural looking coverage for everyday use. I really recommend it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have tried Luscious Velvet matte pressed powder till now, pretty gud at controlling oil, but doesn't promise for a long stay..
    Maybelline dream matte is on my wishlist from so long.
    Sara plz review Dream matte ASAP?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Wajeeha, Dream Matte is on my list too. Will be getting it soon! :)

      Delete
  13. I am planning to get rimmel stay matte in transparent:) nice post dear

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post..Just in-time for summers! ;)
    I want to try the dream matte mousse powder, heard so much about it :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice post! but I would like you to review a Thai brand "Zendori" oil free foundation powder. I have used Mac studio fix and Rimmel True match too. But this product for the price it's worth simply amazed me. Pls...m waiting for a review from you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. great post as usual.. i want to try rimmel stay matte.. thanx for suggestion

    ReplyDelete
  17. great review! just what we needed! have you placed them in an order based on preference or is it random?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have been using MUA face powder and so far I have been satisfied with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hye sara...really happy 2 see some makeup reviews frm pakistan :) fed up of reading reviews from oversees blogs like makeupalley n than not finding these products in pakistan :( .....n happy we get the price knowledge in Pkr ....:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sara i'm a big fan of your's.Thank you so much for this valuable post.Stay blessed

    ReplyDelete
  21. u give sooo much complete information in ur blogs ... :) excellent work sara ... lovely

    ReplyDelete
  22. great review sara.. which one powder do you recommend the most for oily skins?

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment. Your lovely comments make my day. <3

Please avoid rude or inappropriate comments. Also, this is the comments section. No queries will be entertained unrelated to the post.

For queries, please write to info@sarahassansblog.com.

NOTE: Comments with LINKS will NOT be entertained. Thank you. :)