Garnier Skin Naturals BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector Combination to Oily Skin – Review & swatches

Garnier Skin Naturals BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector Combination to Oily Skin – Review & swatches

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 Sara Hassan , 43 Comments
I’ve been meaning to try out this BB cream for a while and I’m glad I finally did. Keep on reading to find out if it worked for me.

BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector Combination to Oily Skin
Some of you told us our original B.B cream wasn’t for you, so we’ve created a new B.B that’s designed specifically for combination to oily skin. Now you can select your B.B according to your skin needs – if you need hydration, turn to your original B.B and if you require a matte finish and shine tackling benefits, try new B.B oil-free.

1 PRODUCT, 5 SOLUTIONS.
  • Anti-shine
  • Blurs pores and imperfections
  • Evens tone and boosts glow
  • Moisturises
  • SPF 20 UV protection
Our oil-free formula, with ultra-absorbent perlite, is specially designed for combination to oily skin and helps to control shine all day long. It effectively minimizes the appearance of pores and imperfections for a visible improvement in skin texture.

Enriched with mineral pigments, it immediately perfects the skin, covering imperfections, whilst the SPF 20 filter helps protect the skin from the harmful effects of the sun. Oil-free texture. Dermatologically tested. Non comedogenic


Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector Combination to Oily Skin
Garnier Skin Naturals BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector Combination to Oily Skin
Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector Combination to Oily Skin in Light/Clair - Swatch
Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector Combination to Oily Skin in Light/Clair - Before & After application
My thoughts
Before we talk about it, I’d like to mention that it’s the French version that I’ve got the chance to try with French written all over the packaging thus I’m not quite sure if it’s available everywhere. Plus, it’s Garnier Skin Naturals not Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector which they say didn’t suit combination/oily skin so well. Basically, this is an oil-free version which I think has only launched in the UK, Australia and Pakistan so far. It claims to blur pores, even out the skin, moisturize, control shine, provide UV protection along with skin healing benefits. I’ve just used it for over a week now so I can’t say if it eases any skin imperfections (don’t know if it has those ingredients) other than the fact that it provides a bit of SPF protection.

Now onto the actual product. Consistency wise, this BB Cream is very watery so much so that you don’t even need to squeeze the tube to get product out; it just leaks out the moment you unscrew the cap. This could be a turn-off but I personally don’t mind the runniness because it feels utterly weightless on the skin. It has a slight alcoholic scent to it which is totally undetectable once you’ve put it on. Since the point of BB Cream is to cut down on makeup time, it’s best if you use your fingers for application; it actually covers better that way. Just pat and blend it in, simple as that! I’ve got it in Light/Clair which matches my NC 30 skin tone perfectly though it appears a bit lighter at first but adjusts to my complexion in a few minutes. Thanks to the yellow undertones, it doesn’t appear unnatural or ashy at all.

Speaking of application, it spreads on quite easily and meshes with my skin without getting streaky which is impressive. Initially, it feels moisturizing - not in a heavy way - but soon sets to a soft-matte finish. I’m happy that it doesn’t adhere to any dry areas on my skin or settle into fine lines.

Unlike Korean BB Creams, it’s not pigmented enough to fully conceal acne spots/blemishes or even dark circles however it does blur slight imperfections and make my skin look more even-toned. I and my sister (who has an oily skin) totally agree that it instantly minimizes the look of pores so thumbs up for that! The coverage, I’d say, is around sheer to light but you could build a little more with absolutely no caking. For a flawless skin, I gently pat my concealer onto the blemishes that are still peeking through and finish up with light dusting of translucent powder. You definitely need to set it if you wish to get more wear out of it since it doesn’t hold up well in extreme humidity of Karachi. Without setting powder, the soft-matte finish turns semi-matte within an hour and by third hour my T-zone is all shiny. After setting, it stays put well with a nice glow to my face for up to five hours before fading sets in. In case you’re wondering, I’ve had no breakouts with it as I always remove my makeup with cleansing milk followed by my regular cleanser.

The deal breaker for most people with this BB Cream would be the limited number of shades; there are just two options – Light and Medium. Not to mention, there are some people who’ve pointed that it turns orange on them. 

On the whole, I quite like this BB Cream for it’s a good alternative to foundation for those lazy days plus it’s super cheap. It lets my skin breathe, covers fairly well and doesn’t turn my face into an oil slick by the end of the day. I do think it’s suitable for normal and combination to oily skin provided that you set it and don’t expect it to keep your skin matte all day. If you dig healthy my-skin-but-better look, this is for you.

You might like it if…

  • You have normal/combination/oily skin type
  • You expect light to buildable coverage (up to medium)
  • It doesn’t cling onto the flaky patches on your skin
  • It gives a healthy natural glow to your skin without feeling heavy/greasy
  • You expect a decent wear time provided that you set
  • It doesn’t transfer
  • You find it affordable
You might not like it if…
  • You think the shade range is pretty narrow
  • You expect it to conceal dark circles, acne scars/blemishes
  • It oxidizes/turns orange or dull on you
  • You don’t set it with a translucent powder
  • The runny consistency bothers you
My rating
3.5/5

Garnier Skin Naturals BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector Combination to Oily Skin costs PKR 399 and can be purchased from all leading stores nationwide. You can also get it online from Just4girls.pk. Folks abroad can purchase it from Boots.com and Priceline.com.au. To get updates, join Garnier Pakistan on Facebook.

What do you think about it? Have you tried it out yet?


PR sample(s) sent for review by Pakistan Beauty Bloggers Community. This however has not affected my opinion at all. My loyalty is to my readers and being honest is my utmost responsibility. I have given my sincere opinion about the product(s) mentioned in the post. For more details, please go through my Disclosure Policy.

If you have any questions, you can have a look at FAQ or email me on info@sarahassansblog.com.

43 comments :

  1. Magnificent!The product look great! When I heard about bb creams I wanted to try one just to see what the hype was about,after watching your post it really helpful which one to choose And very useful for me, My skin is combination+ oily and this one is Good for summer Thanks <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review, I've been wanting to get this ever since I saw the ad on TV but I wasn't sure until now. Just a quick query, my skin's very oily but I'm not into applying a lot of makeup on my face so do you think it will work on my skin with just this cream and the powder?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I don't have a very oily skin, I can't say if it would last well on you. I do think you should apply a pressed powder over it to make it last longer. It won't keep you matte though. xx

      Delete
  3. The result on ur skin are really great will get one soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad it worked for you! Although I've had a horrible horrible experience with this. I bought one when they were launched in Pakistan from Hyperstar, Dolmen. My mother and I both have combination skin and we wore it over TBS Vitamic C Skin Boost (as primer). She's NC20 and I'm NC 25-30. As for the shade-match, it was perfect for her and acceptable for me. Barely an hour into wearing this, it was such a patchy/streaky mess that we had to wash our faces right away. I've tried this with other primer, without any, with moisturizer, setting powder, etc. ALWAYS this result. It could have been due to a particularly "faulty" item that I received. But nonetheless, I vowed never to try again. :(
    The UK and Local versions of regular Garnier BB creams are so much better with a compact.

    ReplyDelete
  5. never tried this but if it doesnt conceal blemishes.. well maybe i should just try one :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review Sara, you are right, it does not have much coverage but good enough for daily use.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Sara for such detailed reviews . I find the shade little too ashy on my nc 35 .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonder when this version will be available here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I ve a pigmented skin my cheeks and chin areas are darker than my rest of the skin +my skin is combination+oily wtevr mkeup or cream i wear after almost an hour it gvs a grey or black look and whole face become greasy Which gvs a hell messy look + due to summers and this hot and humid weather i have severe prickly heat problem Which has covered my whole skin pls help me how to bring back my flawless complexion though m nt fair i have a wheatish complexion but my skin was plain and clear please help me and suggest me some brand thank u

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sana, this sounds pretty serious. Maybe it's some sort of a rash. My advice, visit a doctor asap before it gets worse. xx

      Delete
  10. Pls can any one tel me wt is this nc 35 etc ,? Hw would i know abt my complexion that Which Nc it is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. these are MAC foundation shade series

      Delete
  11. Great review Sarah! Thanks for finally confirming my decision on purchasing this product! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very informative review sarah.Thans alot. I have acne for last a year.and with foundations it goes more worse.After reading your view, i think i should give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ive been using this all summer but havent goten around to reviewing it. Really like how it brightens up my skin since I hate wearing any foundation during the summer and this does feel weightless..nice for thoes hot humid days!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanx a lot for reviewing it. Wasnt expecting such a quick response of my email :)
    After reading it , ive gone n gotten it immediately bt i could not find it in medium shade any where. only the light one was available. Please, do share from where u got the medium shade? As i want to go a bit deeper. Hope it will help me with the extreme heat n humidity of khi.
    Best point of your review is that it you didnt break out.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sabita, they haven't introduced 'Medium' shade as yet but I think it will soon be available. xx

      Delete
  15. ahhh such a great review :) i have this one and i'm happy with it because it protects my skin in this hot humid weather :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice review sara,i agree with you on the shades range its very limited. And i also wants to add that you can also find these in USA its available in all the drugstores. I have oily skin and it works perfectly for me without setting powder i love this product :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Emm, thanks for letting me know. I thought it wasn't available in the US. I'm glad it worked for you! :) xx

      Delete
  17. hy sara this the thing i was waiting from you as i have read mix reviews for this product but as always your blog is so usful to make a decision. thumps up :) now i am waiting for the maybelline BB cream review from you as i have these two names in my head for a bb cream to buy.
    waiting for your review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fasiha! You're right about the mixed reviews but I'm glad it worked well for me. I'd see if I can get my hands on the Maybelline one. :) xx

      Delete
    2. the maybelline range has more color range thank god!

      Delete
  18. They have a version in the US that has three shades - Light/Medium, Medium/Deep, and Deep. I haven't tried this BB cream out yet but I can't wait to!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i am using it since over a week, same oil-free light shade, and it gives a satisfactory coverage ans its worth daily use, as its weightless and SPF, must give it a try, a good option for summers...

    ReplyDelete
  20. i have been using the oil-free light shade since a week and i totally agree with sara...

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love how bb creams are so effortless but the garnier ones are way too light for my skin tone, even though im not that dark nc35 but i think the ones in pak must be darker than the ones down here in aus. i opted for the loreal nude magic which i find too oily :s still on the hunt for the perfect bb cream :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. sara I love the review.I have bought the normal skin version because I felt my skin was getting a little dehydrated and oily version promised to be matte which I wanted to avoid.After reading your review i regret buying the normal one.should have gone for the one you reviewed.Anyways great post.

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's my holy grail product. I never loved any product on that long run for daily wear. Great post x

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this and I got mine in Poland, I don't have oily skin but it looks and feels nice on me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a detailed review. I am loving BB Creams these days and been thinking to try this one too. I hope there will be more shades in this. Thanks for the post. xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hey, I bought this bb cream here in Australia two months back but for me it turned out to be total waste of money!! It actually makes me look orange n dull .. Plus it's soo watery that whenever I squeeze it , I end up having lots of it's tiny drops on my dressing n mirror so extra cleaning task for me !!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I dint find this in any store:( Sara could u pls pls telll where I can get the mabyeline bb stick if so for how much pls THANKYOU !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Michelle, I'm afraid, I've no clue about this product. You can checkout Naheed Supermarket. xx

      Delete
  28. I have really oily skin and unfortunately it breaks me out! :(

    ReplyDelete
  29. I can't wait for this to launch in the US (if it even comes this way). I have both the newer and old versions and I think they're ok, with the newer one having one more shade option (deep). I think as far as drugstore goes here in the US, this bb is as good as it gets so far. I want to try one of the Asian brands like Lioele and add a mixing medium to get my shade to try it out. Is there an Asian bb that you'd recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  30. Forgot to mention that I think this looks amazing on you! I saw when you reviewed Sleeks, and this one looks much better. I might give Sleek a try though, because I have dry skin.

    ReplyDelete
  31. its so easy to blend it in! Esp when u r in a hurry n u dont want all those layers of makeup in this hot humid weather! Loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Any thing that says oil-free yet promised to moisturise isn't meant for oil skin especially in this hot weather. I'm skeptical about BB creams.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Whenever I wore it and got pictures taken in flash, my complexion (in the pics) looked weird i.e. unusually white. Therefore, stopped wearing it altogether although it made my skin all glowy and smooth. :( Researched and found out its probably cos of the spf thing in its ingredients. Give me a way out :(

    ReplyDelete
  34. I have the Mirical Skin Perfection one and I really like it... I do need a little setting powder but its realty good at covering the redness on my face and lighten the blemishes..
    I'm happy it worked out for you too! :)

    -Kulsum..

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment. Your lovely comments make my day. <3

Please avoid rude or inappropriate comments. Also, this is the comments section. No queries will be entertained unrelated to the post.

For queries, please write to info@sarahassansblog.com.

NOTE: Comments with LINKS will NOT be entertained. Thank you. :)