Batiste Dry Shampoo in Blush – Review

Batiste Dry Shampoo in Blush – Review

Tuesday, July 02, 2013 Sara Hassan , 28 Comments

You cannot imagine my height of excitement when I came upon it by chance at Agha’s superstore. I literally couldn’t wait to try on myself.

Batiste Dry Shampoo
Beautiful delicate fragrance, revitalizes greasy, dull and lifeless hair between washes. Instantly leaves your hair feeling clean, full of body and smelling beautiful. quick and convenient to use wherever you are.

Batiste Dry Shampoo in Blush
My thoughts
I wash my hair after every one or two days depending upon the weather which is usually humid all year round. My scalp tends to get greasy on the third day and I absolutely hate that heavy feeling on my head. I wanted to see if it works for me between washes (that is on a second day) when my hair is slightly greasy and weighed down. So I got myself one in ‘Blush’ which has a wonderful sweet floral scent that I love. The scent isn’t overpowering but lingers for quite a while after application. I personally do not have an issue with that.

The directions on the can say to shake vigorously and spray lightly on the roots and hair while holding it approximately 30 cm away. After that, I run my fingers through my hair and gently massage the product. Finally, I brush it out. There’s indeed a noticeable difference. It soaks up oil and leaves my hair bouncy though I’ve got to admit, I do not get a clean, light-headed feeling that I was hoping for. Besides, it kind of takes the natural shine away turning my hair ‘matte’ if you know what I mean. I read somewhere that dry shampoos have a tendency to leave behind a white cast. Well, thankfully I didn't notice that on my hair. My hair looks fresh but if I touch my scalp, I wouldn’t say it feels squeaky clean because it’s still slightly greasy. Also, the result isn’t long lasting. I have to wash my hair the following day because I simply cannot stand greasiness. Perhaps that’s because I live in a place where the weather is unforgiving. But if you happen to live somewhere where the climate is cool and dry, the effect might last more than just a day.

In my opinion, it’s a life-saver for me especially when I need to go out but don't have to time to wash my hair. It’s just a quick fix; it certainly doesn’t replace regular shampooing. I am about to finish my first canister and will grab my second soon.

Note: Batiste has redesigned the packaging so do not confuse if you spot one with small flowers all over it.

You might like it if…
  • You expect it to absorb oil from hair and make hair bouncy
  • It does not leave behind a white residue
  • You think it’s a quick fix for urgent situations when you really don't have time to wash hair
  • The price seems affordable to you
You might not like it if…
  • You expect it to make your scalp squeaky clean with no oil deposit
  • You do not feel light-headed afterwards
  • The effect doesn’t last long (especially if you live in a hot and humid place)
My rating
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-k9pvc7-MFlg/Ti7Ey2nCQdI/AAAAAAAAB5A/vAOA9RcLgyE/s1600/4.jpg 
4/5

Batiste Dry Shampoo (150 ml) comes with a price tag of PKR 395 and is available at Agha’s superstore Karachi.

What do you think about it? Have you tried it?

28 comments :

  1. I didn't know Batiste was available here, and SO affordable. I was saving my Tresseme Dry Shampoo, but not any more. Definitely picking this one up. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing really works for long when you live by the sea but this still sounds good for a quick fix. Great that it doesn't leave a white cast. Batiste has been a popular dry shampoo along with Not Your Mother's range. I'd like to try them both! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Batiste and find that it works better if I spray it and then leave it in for a few hours beforehand. It seems to soak up a lot more oil and doesn't leave my hair feeling so matte. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They have one for dark hair Im not sure if they have it here... The price tag is really awesome too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey I love reading ur reviews they're really great :) I live in Australia n have been using this dry shampoo since some time n it truly does great job for me :) Here weather ain't so humid so it gives better results I guess

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have been using INTU STYLE dry shampoo that my brother brought in from UK in the cosmetic haul for me, i use it in and off a sos when i need to go out or wake up late and don't have time for hair do, i have the same greasy scalp, and i shampoo everyday unfortunately. I have the exact same reviews that no doubt it makes ur hair look better but doesn't takes away the greasy feeling from the scalp...

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice review once again!! i used tresseme dry shampoo, it leaves hair soft and shiny and i left it overnight on my hairs, next day my scalp started itching badly !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. did it just hit pakistan? I've been using it for the past three years or so and i swear by it! its wonderful for people who wanna get a few days more out of their hair. however, i have noticed a slight increase in dandruff basically because i use it a lot. not sure if its linked to batiste or not? i never had dandruff before.
    overall I LOVE IT! can't live without it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the after feeling that you described is very similar to what i feel when i use loreal recurl mousse.The label said it can be used when one decides to skip hair wash.But at the end of the day nothing works better then the good old shampoo and a longgg shower.love the review.I might buy one for those lazy days <3 thanks a bunch,kisses

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my! This is such an amazing news. =D I am so getting this and the price is so cheap! Thanks for the review..xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. it is affordable and eve it is blessing for me where i live it is the hottest place of pakistan... I will search for this hear

    ReplyDelete
  12. Did not expect to see that price in the end! Sadly havent seen this around anyyywher in is d.. If anyone has i would love to know :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhh! I really want to try this too! Especially the one that smells of cherry! <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. 395 is so darn affordable, im getting it :) great review!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. God knows when I will be able to get my hands on a dry shmapoo :/

    ReplyDelete
  16. a nice product with an affordable price tag:) will search for it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i want to acknowledge one thing sara, YOU ARE DOING A TREMENDOUS JOB!!!
    You are creating the awareness for the young girls and working women, interested in grooming themselves...i had no knowledge of branded cosmetics, o was just a usual drugstore "local maal" customer, with no idea what effect quality cosmetics have...after thoroughly searching ur blog n reading several posts, i just went to Agha's and everything in my drawer got changed, and now i have a sense of satisfaction... thanks yo you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww...Thanks Sumera. Means a lot! ^_^

      Delete
  18. blush is my favourite one!
    It smells amazing!
    hareem x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm seriously thinking about buying a can of dry shampoo and after reading this I feel more sure.
    I really need something to refresh a bit my hair the day before an exam because washing hair and styling them take me away a lot of time!
    Have a wonderful day!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hate my stupid, greasy, flat hair. The day i don't wash my hair, I look like I have applied tons and tons of oil on my hair and i give this "behanji" look which i hate :(
    Lets see if this works for me or not

    ReplyDelete
  21. good review Sara....I also use batiste

    ReplyDelete
  22. Never knew these were available here in Karachi! Dry Shampoo's have been on my list esp this one! Getting one now! Eeeep! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  23. baby powder works just as well for me haha:) but not sure about the long term effects of that! I'd love to get my hands on this baby, thanks for sharing:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Can any one tel me from where can I get dx in rawalpindi, I hv searched dwatson n medi plus, cudnt find it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bella have u found this shampoo in rwp/isb or not yet? I also need this in rwp and seems like the only option I have is to have it ordered from UK :S

      Delete

Feel free to comment. Your lovely comments make my day. <3

Please avoid rude or inappropriate comments. Also, this is the comments section. No queries will be entertained unrelated to the post.

For queries, please write to info@sarahassansblog.com.

NOTE: Comments with LINKS will NOT be entertained. Thank you. :)