The Body Shop Vitamin C Microdermabrasion – Review

The Body Shop Vitamin C Microdermabrasion – Review

Sunday, July 14, 2013 Sara Hassan , 28 Comments

Most of you must be familiar with microdermabrasion. To put it simply, it's a technique that uses tiny rough grains to slough away the outermost layer of the skin in order to improve the overall appearance. This at-home microdermabrasion boasts of making the complexion bright and improving your skin's texture. Read on to find if it worked for me.

Vitamin C Microdermabrasion
Fine exfoliating micro particles and crushed garnet stones remove dead skin cells to reveal a brighter, more radiant complexion.
  • Removes dead skin cells
  • Leaves skin feeling soft and smooth
  • Gives skin a brighter, more radiant look
  • Improves skin texture and tone
How to use?
Wet face and neck. Apply using circular motions and rinse off with clean water. Use once or twice a week.

The Body Shop Vitamin C Microdermabrasion
The Body Shop Vitamin C Microdermabrasion
My thoughts
I think it's an amazing product! I like it because it almost does everything it claims to. For a start, it comes in a convenient packaging – a flip top tube to be precise. The first thing I noticed was the scent which is very mild – smells like synthetic citrus – and doesn’t bother me at all.

The product has a slightly dense creamy consistency hence it’s easy to control the quantity you require to dispense from the tube. Also, you don’t need much; just a dime-sized amount is enough to do the job. Upon closer inspection, I found that it contains very fine grains that exfoliate my skin effectively.  Now I must mention that the grains could feel harsh if rubbed hard against the skin so I strongly suggest keeping a light hand. You only need to massage this in circular motions for under a minute or two and rinse it off. I personally like using it once or twice a month. In my opinion, don’t use it very often as it might cause skin irritation. Besides, if you have sensitive skin, this is not for you. Since my skin isn’t sensitive, I haven’t noticed any redness after its use.

Now to the results! Well, I have noticed that my skin feels smooth and super soft after using this. It gives a nice subtle glow to my face and my skin looks incredibly polished. What really amazes me is that it gets rid of superficial blackheads that I have on my nose. My pores look squeaky clean and it doesn’t dry out my skin or give me a tight sensation. I’ve got to admit, it does enhance the overall texture of my skin and make it appear more even-toned. On the downside, it does not brighten up my face like it claims to.

Overall, I am truly in love with it! I am definitely going to repurchase once I run out.

You might like it if…
  • It exfoliates your skin effectively
  • Your skin feels smooth and soft after using this
  • It makes your skin glow and appear polished
  • It helps get rid of superficial blackheads
  • It helps lighten blemishes
  • It doesn’t dry out skin
You might not like it if…
  • You expect it to brighten up your face
  • You have sensitive skin
  • You think it's too expensive for you
My rating
4.5/5

The Body Shop Vitamin C Microdermabrasion is priced at PKR 2290 and can be purchased from any TBS outlet in the city. I got mine from Dolmen City Mall, Clifton. Folks abroad can purchase it from The Body Shop official website.

What do you think about it? Have you tried TBS Vitamin C Microdermabrasion?

28 comments :

  1. Nyc post and very detailed post thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good review Sara...I have used this product, Mine is a sensitive skin, and it caused no redness or irritation on my skin...I used to use it twice a month :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These days I'm on a hunt for good skin care products and this one sounds a perfect one for me, will definitely try it! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got this from an awesome UK sale. It brightens the complexion and adds the promised radiance. Beauty MUST-HAVE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great product! Nice review Sara

    ReplyDelete
  6. gosh! u make me wanna get this ASAP :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a good product.. Will definitely get it for myself when I go to Body Shop.. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wanted to ask, how is it better than a good scrub?? like st.ives apricot scrub does the same thing for me, is it an better than that??? Wanted to make sure before purchasing cos the price is a bit steep

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tabinda, I personally find it work better for me compared to St Ives Apricot Scrub but that's just my experience. :)

      Delete
  9. I have used TBS VitaminC moisturizer and loved it had my eyes on this one now,after reading your review im gonna get it soon thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sara, i don't suffer black heads but lots lots and lots of white heads which i get rid of daily and those stubborn tiny particles are again in their place the next morning, any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sunmera, I'm afraid I'm not sure as to why this is happening. I suggest consulting a dermatologist asap. xx

      Delete
  11. Seems look promising :) Nice review :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. sounds great but I guess some precaution regarding sun exposure should be taken once one uses a microdermabrasion product. What do u say about it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Fizzy, whether you use it or not, you should always use a sunscreen when you're out in my humble opinion. :)

      Delete
  13. i have been meaning to try this one.thankyou for this amazing review.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. One thing I have experienced about TBS products that a very little amount is jst enough for use hence even a small tube can last quite long. Great review although its a bit on the pricey side. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds promising i had very bad experience with TBS in the past. Nice review

    ReplyDelete
  16. TBS products are usually all very effective but I do find them a little harsh on my sensitive skin. I wish it brightened too, though!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love to hv anything citrusy :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the thought of squeaky clean pores!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have used this one but for me it worked like any other good face wash . Didn't notice the effects that you mentioned in your article .
    But I would say its not bad . :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fiza, this is not a face wash. It's a micro-exfoliater. :) x

      Delete
  20. Want to try this...is it really efcive for pigmentation?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sara do an updated skincare routine plz

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is no doubt my fav pick from TBS

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment. Your lovely comments make my day. <3

Please avoid rude or inappropriate comments. Also, this is the comments section. No queries will be entertained unrelated to the post.

For queries, please write to info@sarahassansblog.com.

NOTE: Comments with LINKS will NOT be entertained. Thank you. :)