The Balm Cabana Boy Blush – Review & swatches

The Balm Cabana Boy Blush – Review & swatches

Monday, August 12, 2013 Sara Hassan , 28 Comments

The Balm Cabana Boy blush is 'The Bomb'!

Cabana Boy Blush
Nothing is more satisfying than being indulged, and this dusty-rose blush will ensure that you have all the boys attending to you. Its subtle shimmer catches the eye while plum undertones provide a glow that is oh-so-natural whether you are pool-side, beach-side or bed-side.

The Balm Cabana Boy Blush
The Balm Cabana Boy Blush
The Balm Cabana Boy Blush - Swatch
The Balm Cabana Boy Blush - Swatch
My thoughts
Before I begin, I must say I love how The Balm does its packaging – it’s incredibly catchy.  The cardboard packaging with retro style illustration on it is nothing but irresistible.

Cabana Boy is a dusty raspberry pink with micro golden shimmer. The glitter is so delicate; it merely gives a glow to the face without highlighting any flaws. In my opinion, it’s a great choice for medium skin tones. Personally, I think it’s the most versatile shade in my stash right now. I say this because I’ve experimented with it quite a few times. First you need to know that it’s remarkably pigmented so make sure you keep a light hand during application. If applied lightly, it gives a gorgeous flush that’s perfect for day time. If built slightly heavy, it translates into this deep sexy shade which is absolutely wicked for a night out.

The soft buttery texture makes blending such a breeze though, you may notice some fall out in the pan because of that. It also lasts pretty long on my cheeks which is fantastic. I feel the packaging is not very travel-friendly. Even though it comes with a magnetic closure, I would still be super cautious if I were to travel with it.

All in all, I am truly enjoying it. It’s a must-have!

You might like it if…
  • You have medium to tan skin tone
  • You expect good pigmentation
  • The silky soft texture makes blending a piece of cake
  • You expect it to last long
  • It doesn’t highlight imperfections
You might not like it if…
  • You think traveling with it is rather inconvenient
  • You think it's pricey 
My rating
4.5/5

The Balm Cabana Boy Blush is priced at $21 and can be purchased online from the website. You could also pick this online for Rs. 3000 from Makeup & Accessories a fresh new store on Facebook.

What do you think about it? Have you tried it yet?


PR sample(s) for consideration. This, however, has not affected my opinion. My loyalty is to my readers and being honest is my utmost responsibility. I have given my sincere opinion about the product(s) mentioned in this post. For more details, please go through my Disclosure Policy.

If you have any questions, you can have a look at FAQ or email me on info@sarahassansblog.com.

28 comments :

  1. wow ever since i saw this on your makeup post i was waiting for the review.although it is very pricey i still love it.It look so playful.Its bronzer is getting good reviews too.Looks amazing on you <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful shade! Looks great on you! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the packaging and the shade :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful but...but... I don't think I'd pay that much when there are so many nice blushes for less. I used t o be hooked on Nars until I discovered that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful shade! Looking soft and natural <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks amazing on your skin! I'm light skin toned but this is one of my fave blushes, I use it more heavily than you've applied! I just am crazy for this shade!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super pretty on you <3 and it does gives a natural finish Sara :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. so pricey but totally worth it. Looks really nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. super duper awesome i have been waiting for your review since i saw this blush in one of your posts n in that post your blush is looking awesome so i already knew u are loving this product n u r gonna give this highest rating thanx a lot for your review sara its look incredible on your skintone so i think this will suit me too <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I recently bought Fratboy, and I am loving it! First time using The Balm produtcs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sar5ah i have noticed that you applu blush always under ur cheekbones; but i have read that blusher is to be applied on the apple of the cheeks. My cheeks are chubby; so whats the best way to apply ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Reebz, there's no hard and fast rule as to where you should apply your blush. I do however apply it over my cheek bones very lightly.

      For chubby cheeks, apply your blush on your cheek bones and contour in the hollow. :) x

      Delete
  12. the packaging looks really good :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. aww the packaging is just brilliant! the glow looks awesome on you, added to my wishlist!:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. this looks so gorgeous on you! I must say inspite of the fact that I don't like dusty pink blushes I'm thouroughly tempted :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous Sara! Thanks for the review; this is going on my wishlist! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. love for the post :) totally agreed i adore the packaging of the balm... :) it is amazingly pigmented

    ReplyDelete
  17. loving the review hope to get it soon.
    which lip color and foundation you have used?

    ReplyDelete
  18. The packaging is loveeee! I so want to get one of these. I was actually confuse, but this post made me pretty clear. Looks so pretty on you, will definitely get it one day :D x

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow! this color is very catchy yet practical. Does it highlight the pores?

    ReplyDelete
  20. I asked you dear which foundation and lip color you are wearing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am wearing Luscious Signature lipstick in Buff Pink. Don't remember the foundation, sorry :) x

      Delete

Feel free to comment. Your lovely comments make my day. <3

Please avoid rude or inappropriate comments. Also, this is the comments section. No queries will be entertained unrelated to the post.

For queries, please write to info@sarahassansblog.com.

NOTE: Comments with LINKS will NOT be entertained. Thank you. :)