For myself, I like having a glowy makeup on instead of looking dead matte and dull. Despite being a fan of matte foundations, I never forget to highlight my face.
Step up hydrated, healthy looking skin with Belleme's new Shimmer Base!
- Light, spreadable formula can be applied under your BB cream or foundation, or mixed with your shaded product for one-step makeup base application
- Acts as a primer to create a perfect surface that will hold your makeup in place all day long
- Fills in pores and fine lines for the smoothest tone and texture
- Pearl sheen diffuses light across the skin's surface to give you a subtle, elegant 'glow from within'
- Balances moisture and oil levels and brightens skin tone to a clean, dewy finish
|Belleme Shimmer Base|
|Belleme Shimmer Base|
|Belleme Shimmer Base - Swatch|
|Belleme Shimmer Base - Before & After Application|
The shimmer base comes in a 30g tube. I love how it’s packed – it’s utterly adorable, isn’t it? The consistency of the product is thin but not runny so it won’t spill; it spreads and blends easily. Besides, the formula is hydrating, feels light and does not cling to dry areas on my face which is nice. I haven’t noticed any scent on it so basically, it’s fragrance-free.
Thankfully, it has no scary shimmer in it. The delicate shimmer only shows up as pink pearly sheen which looks absolutely natural on my face. You could either apply this all over your face before your foundation or you could simply apply on top of your blush for targeted highlighting.
The product claims to act as a primer and pore-minimizer. Though it does provide a smooth base for makeup to spread on but I fail to agree with its pore diminishing pledge. It does not minimize my pores whatsoever or hold my makeup longer like other primers do. As a matter of fact, it makes my T-zone shiny after a couple of hours. If you happen to have combination/oily skin type, you might not enjoy it as much as ladies with dry/normal skins.
Overall, I like this. I know I would be reaching for this a lot when the weather is cold and dry out here.
You might like it if…
- You like dewy makeup
- You expect it to hydrate your skin
- It provides a smooth base for makeup
- It appears very natural-looking
- You have dry/normal skin type
- You are using this in a cold, dry weather
- It doesn’t minimizes pores for you
- It doesn’t hold makeup for long
- You have combination/oily skin
- You are using it in a hot and sticky weather conditions
Belleme Shimmer Base is priced at PKR 1530. The good news is, it's available on a discounted price of PKR 1120 on Lush Grooming Bargains -- the official retailer of Abbamart's Makeup line Belleme Cosmetics in Pakistan. Folks abroad can check out Abbamart.com.