There are many reasons for hair fall like dietary deficiencies, dandruff, stress, hormonal imbalance, genetics etc which is why I strongly believe it’s irrational to expect some miracle to happen with mere topical application of a product. You definitely need to dig deeper to track down the actual cause for the problem.
Hair Fall Rescue Shampoo
Dove Hair Fall Rescue Shampoo helps reduce hair fall due to breakage caused due to damage. It contains Nutrilock actives that locks in the nourishment, strengthen and protects hair against hair fall. It nourishes from the roots up and reduces hair fall , giving visibly fuller hair.
- After washing your hair thoroughly, take 2 to 3 drops of the hair fall rescue shampoo, equal to size of a coin, on your palm.
- Then apply the shampoo, gently massaging it all over your hair from the roots to the tips.
- Leave the shampoo on your hair for a couple of minutes and then rinse it off completely.
Dove Hair Fall Rescue Conditioner contains Nutrilock actives that locks in the nourishment, strengthen and protects hair against hair fall due to breakage. It nourishes from the roots up and reduces hair fall, giving visibly fuller hair.
- Place a small amount of the hair fall rescue conditioner, equal to size of a coin, on your palm.
- Apply it on your hair by running your fingers through them starting from the roots and all the way down to the tips.
- Leave the conditioner on your hair for a minute then rinse it off well.
Given that this duo aims to look after hair fall due to breakage that could happen due to excessive sun exposure, by undue use of heat styling products or chemicals from hair dyes, I am only going to talk about whether it helps for that matter or not.
Starting off with the shampoo. To be honest, I can’t make out any difference between this and the regular Dove shampoos that I’ve tried. They have the same consistency, color and performance. This one too would suit you best if your scalp is dry. Mine being oily, I find it flattens my hair and make it oily looking the very next day which is off putting. The scent is what I like though; it’s the same characteristic Dove scent that stays for a long time. Other than that, I don’t think it locks in any moisture per se. This could work if you’ve got a dry scalp with normal hair.
Coming to the conditioner, I really like it. It feels creamy and coats my hair effortlessly. It does help ease up the knots and detangle my hair beautifully. I don’t put it on my scalp as the directions say. Instead, I spread it evenly working along the mid-shaft to the tips and keep it on for a minute or two before I rinse. I can say that it leaves my hair somewhat shiny, manageable and knot-free which may prevent hair breakage in the long run. Just like the shampoo, the scent is strong and lingers. I don’t think it can moisturize very dry/parched hair that well. However, following with Dove Hair Fall Rescue leave in serum might help. Both products are packaged well and contain plenty amount for the price.
Overall, I think the conditioner is actually nice while the shampoo didn’t work for me. But like I said, nothing can rescue hair fall if it roots from an internal imbalance.
You might like it if...
- The shampoo moisturizes dry scalp
- You have normal to slightly dry hair
- The conditioner helps detangle hair, make it more manageable
- The conditioner prevents hair breakage by reducing knots
- You're looking for budget-friendly shampoo/conditioner
- The scent seems strong for your liking
- The shampoo turns your scalp greasy
- You have very dry/parched hair and you expect great moisture
Dove Hair Fall Rescue Shampoo is priced at PKR 200 and Dove Hair Fall Rescue Conditioner costs PKR 225. You can purchase these from stores nationwide. Stay updated by following Dove on Facebook.