Product disappointments of 2013

Product disappointments of 2013

Sunday, January 05, 2014 Sara Hassan , 13 Comments

I tried some wonderful products last year. Yet there were the occasional not-so-good stuff that either didn’t work for me or were a total fail. Here’s a list of products that let me down. Hopefully, this saves some bucks.

Sleek MakeUP Lip 4 Lipstick Palette in Ballet
Ballet highlights my lip lines and dries out my lips badly – not impressed.

KleanColor Everlasting Lipstick in 'Pink'
Poor texture and performance – completely dislike.

Luscious Artist Ink Gel Eyeliner in Midnight Ink
The texture is unforgiving and hard to work with. There are plenty of gel eyeliners out there that perform way better.

Bourjois 1001 Lashes / Cils Mascara
They make it sound so amazing but I was very disappointed with it – doesn’t do what it claims to.

Artdeco Skin Perfecting Make-up Base
It pills on my face and does nothing for my pores.

OPI Chip Skip Manicure Prep Coat
It’s dehydration disaster for nails – one of the worst products ever!

Rimmel Scandal Eyes Show Off Mascara
The WORST mascara ever! Does absolutely nothing, NOTHING for my lashes.

The Body Shop Vitamin E Cool BB Cream
Has no coverage and doesn't work for my skin.

The Body Shop Delipscious Sheer Lip Colour
I just cannot stand the bitter taste in my mouth. Eww!

Belleme Sky High Mascara 
The formula is gooey and clumps my lashes badly; definitely not for me.

Essence Pure Skin Anti-Spot Wash Gel
Dried out my skin badly; never trying it again.

Sleek MakeUP Flick It Eyeliner
The pen dries out fast – extremely short shelf-life.

Color Studio Professional High Intensity Haute Gloss
Not a fan of the chunky glitter. To boot, the wear time sucks.

Maybelline SuperStay 24H Foundation
It transfers badly and has no oil control whatsoever.

Which products let you down? I would love to know.

13 comments :

  1. Great post! Will help a lot of girls to stay away from such products. I was going to do the post too, but I only found 3 products so far that I regret buying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this post. I wanted to try out maybelline foundation, color studio haute gloss and essence anti-spot wash gel but now i will stay away from them . I once bought clearasil facewash even though i read your negative review about it , i thought it might work for me but it didn't :D . Since then i won't buy any stuff you gave a bad review about .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and brilliant post hun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was planning to buy luscious gel liner. Glad you did this post

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'essence B.B cream' its a total disaster, it has this really bad aroma, no oil control, p.s when you wear it, just after like 15 to 20 mins, it makes you look almost 3 shades darker then your actual colour...i got very disappointed with this product..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the Sleek lip4 in red and pink...and those has amazing shades..love that..except 1-2..

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmmm will help but may be skin diff does matter

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha I love this one!! :D you should do posts like this more often!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello hun! I will stay away from these products for sure!!!
    What? A lip colour named "Delipscious" with a bitter taste? Then the brand hasn't understand what's really delicious. hahaha XD
    Have a wonderful day and happy 2014
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post! I will steer clear of all these products!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so wanted to buy that sleek palette but now will skip! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was planning to buy Body Shop Cool BB Cream... But u saved me. Great post sweety xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a daring post it was, typical Sara-Hassan-Honesty! Love you <3

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment. Your lovely comments make my day. <3

Please avoid rude or inappropriate comments. Also, this is the comments section. No queries will be entertained unrelated to the post.

For queries, please write to info@sarahassansblog.com.

NOTE: Comments with LINKS will NOT be entertained. Thank you. :)