The Beautyblender – Review

The Beautyblender – Review

Sunday, April 13, 2014 Sara Hassan , 22 Comments

I, more often than not, prefer to maintain an objective and neutral tone in my reviews. However this time, I might have to break the rule and rave as much as I can for the egg-shaped sponge has stolen my heart.

The Original Beautyblender
Beautyblender’s patent-pending elliptical shape makes application foolproof by allowing you to access hard-to-reach areas with stunning ease. Its suede texture is sensual to the touch and its unique curves fit the contours of your face, leaving your make up dazzling and undetectable. Beautyblender is latex free, non-allergenic and odor free.

The Beautyblender
The Beautyblender

My thoughts
In the past, I have had a chance to try Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge, which I believe is the closest dupe for the Beautyblender though nothing beats the original sponge. Ever since I got it, I haven’t been touching anything else. I love how well it’s made and how it’s so easy to use.

To begin with, the sponge helps in achieving quick and even application of the product. I personally prefer using it damp as I’ve noticed that my foundation spreads effortlessly this way. Also, with a stippling motion, the product sits in the skin hence giving a flawless second skin effect.

It’s a sponge so of course it soaks up some product but it’s not as porous as Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge which comparatively absorbs more. But can you argue with the results? Uh... No! I love my flawless face in the mornings. My foundation looks so natural and undetectable. It’s excellent if you desire fast application during the morning rush. I say this because I hardly get ten minutes to get ready in the morning and with this, it takes under a minute to apply and blend foundation – so quick, so easy!

Cleaning the sponge is a cinch. I prefer washing it with a mild shampoo and then I let it dry. It gets bigger in size when it’s drenched but restores to its original shape soon as it has dried.

Overall, I pledge not to use any other brush or sponge particularly for liquid foundation application till something better shows up. Till then, I’d just stick to using this, hopefully for the rest of my life. I know it’s expensive but honestly, I don’t care. It’s worth every penny and I am going to get myself another if I have to.

You might like it if…
  • You expect quick and easy blending
  • It helps achieve a flawless and natural-looking finish
  • It’s easy to use and clean
You might not like it if…
  • It soaks up your foundation
  • You think it’s pricey
My rating
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-7FD6E1z5fCA/TiFunSyy6WI/AAAAAAAAB00/DuuE30-CtCc/s1600/rating+copy.jpg
5/5

The Beautyblender is priced at $19.95. I got mine from Rouge for PKR 2600.

What do you think about it? Have you tried it?

22 comments :

  1. Your excitement is showing through your words.
    The price seems too much when you think that it is just a sponge, but everyone is saying it's so worth it.
    Damn! I'm so on the edge whether to get this or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I soo want to splurge on this! I had my eye on the RT sponge since its cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Despite all the rave reviews about the beauty blender i was really sceptical about tryin' it because of the price..so i went for the RL sponge and was blown away by its performance..flawless results and haven't touched my brushes ever since..applies foundation,consealer,loose powder flawlessly..i can't even imagine how sth could be even better so now i am curious to try the original beauty blender no matter the price..thanks for the review..price..thanks for the review..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Own the RT one, an after ur review I'm thinking, that if RT miracle sponge IS doing wonders for me so what will BB egg shaped sponge will do for my face. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. God it's pricey! But this rave review has convinced me to try one, adding it to my to-buy list! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great. But I remember I saw it on just4girls selling it for 500 .is it same?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jeeya, the one you saw was a dupe, not the original Beautyblender :) x

      Delete
  7. Yay for ur review :) I have got mine too...will use it soontoo :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish it could be available for bit less price... :( Sounds very good, Nice and honest Review Sara

    ReplyDelete
  9. wo,, seems like finally I need to give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Plz suggest some face contouring kits..and from where I can get them

    ReplyDelete
  11. plz review mac prolong wear foundation.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You give a product 5/5 once in a blue moon, so this is definitely worth trying. This was one of my favorite reviews by you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Sara i have 2 questions. plz must reply.
    1. u mention the price of the sponge rs 2600 while on just4girls.pk it rs 650 only. are they delivering original sponge ? why the difference in prices ?
    2. can i use this sponge with any stick like kryolan stick. or u can use it only with liquid foundation ?
    waiting for ur reply :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one on just4girls.pk is not the original one, it's an ordinary drugstore dupe.

      Yes you can use it with stick as well. :) x

      Delete
    2. Please give a tutorial on how to use a kryolan tv paint stick with sponge for a flawles face

      Delete
  14. This product is a life saver! i got mine from sephora when they launched it and it was for $26.00. im happy to know price went down! Hands down best foundation and concealer applicator ever!

    ReplyDelete
  15. can you please tell me where can i order it from online?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tasmia, you can purchase it online from any trusted Facebook store. For more info, please post your query on my Facebook page so that I can tag those stores for you. :) x

      Delete
  16. wow....This product, i have been eyeing this since a long time...great review Sara...Will get this soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. i am totally convinced to have a beauty blender.I also need your help in buying the original one. On kay mu site someone is selling in 3200 rupees plus shipment charges. Please guide me.
    thankyou
    Regards.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment. Your lovely comments make my day. <3

Please avoid rude or inappropriate comments. Also, this is the comments section. No queries will be entertained unrelated to the post.

For queries, please write to info@sarahassansblog.com.

NOTE: Comments with LINKS will NOT be entertained. Thank you. :)