Luscious Ather Shahzad Master Makeup Palette – Review & swatches

Luscious Ather Shahzad Master Makeup Palette – Review & swatches

Friday, May 02, 2014 Sara Hassan , 23 Comments

There has been a lot of hype surrounding the collection particularly the master makeup palette. Sure the product looks very appealing but does it really live up to its reputation? Let’s find out!

Ather Shahzad Master Makeup Palette
Celebrity makeup artist Shahzad Raza is renowned for creating some of the most iconic looks in fashion and beauty, as well as for his signature bridal makeup. He now shares his professional secrets with you. This palette includes 48 eyeshadow in shimmer and matte textures, 4 easy to blend blushes, and 2 highlighters. Everything you need to be your own makeup artist!

Luscious Ather Shahzad Master Makeup Palette
Luscious Ather Shahzad Master Makeup Palette
Luscious Ather Shahzad Master Makeup Palette
Luscious Ather Shahzad Master Makeup Palette - Swatch
Luscious Ather Shahzad Master Makeup Palette - Swatch
Luscious Ather Shahzad Master Makeup Palette - Swatch
Luscious Ather Shahzad Master Makeup Palette - Swatch
Luscious Ather Shahzad Master Makeup Palette
Luscious Ather Shahzad Master Makeup Palette - Blush Swatch
My thoughts
The palette comes in a cardboard packaging and includes an array of colors which can be used for any time or occasion. In the beginning, I was quite thrilled but all my excitement went down the drain soon as I opened the palette. Firstly, it smells awful. For some odd reason, it reminds me of counterfeit/low quality makeup which sadly, sells in every nook and cranny of the city. I, for one, cannot stand the scent and neither will I advise doing so. Secondly, I feel that the quality of the eye shadows is not up to scratch.

If you look at the palette, you’d notice that it contains a blend of pearl and matte shadows. I’m not really pleased with the performance of the shadows to be honest. Most of the shadows are either a) chalky and unpigmented or b) too soft/powdery and have plenty of fall outs – a few shades in between are fine though. The blushes are nice with the exception of two shades that I found to be extremely non pigmented and hard to blend.

Overall, the palette did not meet my expectations. The pricing is outrageously steep. The celebrity makeup artist associated with the collection is no wonder a HUGE name in the industry and I respect him with all my heart however the product is a total washout in my opinion.

You might like it if…
  • You are looking for a palette containing all the necessary shades
  • Some eye shadows and blushes have nice pigmentation
You might not like it if…
  • The strong unpleasant scent bothers you
  • Some shadows are chalky and hard to work with
  • Some shades are too soft and powdery
  • You think it's pricey
My rating
 2/5

Luscious Ather Shahzad Master Makeup Palette is priced at PKR 3750 and can be purchased online from the website. Luscious cosmetics is available at all leading superstores across Pakistan.

What do you think about it? Have you tried it?


PR sample(s) sent for review. This however has not affected my opinion at all. My loyalty is to my readers and being honest is my utmost responsibility. I have given my sincere opinion about the product(s) mentioned in the post. For more details, please go through my Disclosure Policy.

If you have any questions, you can have a look at FAQ or email me on info@sarahassansblog.com.

23 comments :

  1. Havent seen this one in real life but i did think it was a little overpriced

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly what I thought when I swatched it at Luscious counter weeks ago! The lip palette is the sole winner from Athar Shazad's collection. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. honest review i must say..i was wondering why bloggers were raving it ...thanks for the truth sara ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooonchi dukan,,peekha pakwan....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! The shades are alluring but very disappointing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good review. The shades are definitely to drool on but not for application, I wish they worked a little more over the pigmentation since the name is linked with renowned makeup artist. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very honest review. First of all, I would say that the colour scheme is just off. I personally would have preferred a more neutral leaning palette as there is a serious lack of those in our local market. Brights, you can get everywhere. Powdery, chalky, shimmer bomb brights.
    I bought an eyeshadow trio from Luscious and that was a total waste of money. Luscious really needs to up its game when it comes to eyeshadows. Their best are their lip products.
    Disappointing but not really unexpected.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the honest review... I don't like the eye shades of the palette but the blushes seem nice

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad that you shared your honest opinion Sara . Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally agree with you Sara! Although I really like the eyeshadow colors, I haven't reached for this palette at all since my review. The blushes are very disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an honest review! I wish the pigmentation and texture was a bit better. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. waaaaaoo.. nice review & perfect post!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely swatches dear and I also agree it's pricey.....xoxoxo...^_^

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi sara your amazing at blogging. I would love to see you start a youtube channel. I haven't found any pakistani or indian youtubers, so would love to see you be one of the first.
    Does anyone know any pakistani youtuber?

    ReplyDelete
  17. thank God atleast ONE honest review.we can always count on you for that. Great and thorough review.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I must appreciate you for posting an honest review. Seriously I was pissed off by the raving reviews I had been reading just because it was sent as PR. I appreciate your honesty here for being loyal to your readers and not the PR sample. No wonder this is what makes you a good professional blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Girl u saved my money I just love u for this frst of all I like earthy shades more but this pallete doesn't seem to have much earthy shades or much pigmentation .. I was buying it over Lorac pro because of soooo much hype of this pallete .. ever single blogger was saying it wonder full .. but trust me when I see your pictures its awfull .. thnks for saving me .. loveee xxx 💞❤💚💗💜😍

    ReplyDelete
  20. The look of this palette was enough to put me off. The color selection is terrible, no one wears such gaudy shades these days, no one with an ounce of makeup sense at least. To me, this palette seems to target the teenage lot that is impressed by bright shades. Plus the packaging looks so cheap. Not worth the ridiculously high price that they are asking for.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The thing that bothered me the most is the packaging, sounds pretty flimsy and the bright shades like everyone else are not my cup of tea. On top of everything, the price is sky high.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks alot for the review... and yes its quite expensive....

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment. Your lovely comments make my day. <3

Please avoid rude or inappropriate comments. Also, this is the comments section. No queries will be entertained unrelated to the post.

For queries, please write to info@sarahassansblog.com.

NOTE: Comments with LINKS will NOT be entertained. Thank you. :)